Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon out

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Seagull73 said:
99% agree, the exception being McPhee, still a different player to McCammon and not as much of a nuisance to opposing centre-halves. But what you are saying about McCammon's presence is absolutely true, which is the reason why I would be astonished if his departure doesn't co-incide with an arrival.

I agree that McPhee isn't as much of a physical presence as McCammon but he is a better footballer. I just get the feeling with McPhee he is totally lacking in confidence. I think physically he is there, ability wise he is almost there (and as a young player who has had a lot of injuries he will only get better) but mentally he is not.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Les Biehn said:
I agree that McPhee isn't as much of a physical presence as McCammon but he is a better footballer. I just get the feeling with McPhee he is totally lacking in confidence. I think physically he is there, ability wise he is almost there (and as a young player who has had a lot of injuries he will only get better) but mentally he is not.

To be fair, there aren't too many centre-forwards in the Championship who are technically worse than McCammon, but I understand your point.

The problem is, nobody really knows about what goes on behind the scenes with the squad, there could be any number of reasons as to why certain players don't get games. Look at the Virgo/Coppell situation, it's all down to managers opinions.

And the other side of the coin to that is, if the squad confidentiality is broken, ala Knight and his relentless bitching, the situation tends to get out of control. That is why the role of the manager is so important, and why fans need to have faith in the manager to make the right decisions.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
after knight going and now letting big mac go i can only assume we have another striker imminent, :nono:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
graz126 said:
after knight going and now letting big mac go i can only assume we have another striker imminent, :nono:

Amazing isn't it, according to many on here trolley is complete shite ... yet now that he may be going, it's a disaster. Sorry, can't have it both ways. He can either do a job for us, or he can't. My view is that he could, but it does't surprise me that he's going ... let's face it, i can't believe Race?Tank is the only one that reads the posts. he must be very pleased with the stuff on here.

It would be very amusing to see the reception that Uncle buck et al would get in the players bar if they said ... ' Hi, if you read NSC, you might know me as Uncle buck ...'

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Deportivo Seagull said:
Amazing isn't it, according to many on here trolley is complete shite ... yet now that he may be going, it's a disaster. Sorry, can't have it both ways. He can either do a job for us, or he can't. My view is that he could, but it does't surprise me that he's going ... let's face it, i can't believe Race?Tank is the only one that reads the posts. he must be very pleased with the stuff on here.

It would be very amusing to see the reception that Uncle buck et al would get in the players bar if they said ... ' Hi, if you read NSC, you might know me as Uncle buck ...'

good point - we've all said we are top heavy with strikers and we need to offload one or two to get some other players in - well looks like we we're doing that

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm confused. Why will MM let McCammon go on loan to other clubs but not to Watford? Why does this have to be a permanent?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
this is wank

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Les Biehn said:
I'm confused. Why will MM let McCammon go on loan to other clubs but not to Watford? Why does this have to be a permanent?

I wasn't sure when I read that in the Argus - it didn't seem to make sense - perhaps it was just a typo???

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
If Watford want him, they can have him. And lets hope this does signal the arrival of a quality striker. (Although somehow i am not entirely sure it does).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dunno said:
I wasn't sure when I read that in the Argus - it didn't seem to make sense - perhaps it was just a typo???

If Watford want him they have to buy him. He cannot go on loan there. He can go on loan to other clubs though.

Agree with Deportivo Seagull's post. Some people do want it both ways. :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It appears that Wtford dont want him, which is hardly suprising, but who would? Bognor if they sell Ben Watson? Eastbourne to replace the one who has gone to Oxford?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BensGrandad said:
It appears that Wtford dont want him, which is hardly suprising, but who would? Bognor if they sell Ben Watson? Eastbourne to replace the one who has gone to Oxford?

We wish but he is one of the highest paid players must be on at least 3k a week way out of nonleague price range

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BensGrandad said:
Leyton Orient or staight swap with Justin Richards at Woking then if JR doesnt make it we haven't lost a lot plus no cash involved.

the trolley would have to take a pay cut but i agree a swap for richards would be good for all.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
nobody's dupe said:
You've got to believe it Sid. It seems some on here will say, "What a carry on!"

:lolol: :lolol:

I'm not going to get caried away until :

a) Trolley's gone

and

b) We haven't replaced him.

If that happens I think it's a problem. I don't rate him that much but do agree with Les's points about him occupying defenders which is something we lack up front.

Let's all take a deep breath and see what ACTUALLY happens.

THEN GO MAD ................

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:
Is Turienzo fully fit and about to be unleashed on an unsuspecting Champioship?

:eek:

No, and no!...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here