Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon out

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
What are people on about? He's bene good this season? ??? ??? ???

McPhee, Hart, and now Gatting all look better target men, he is woeful, his technical ability is nil, he's slow, he can't shoot, or pass. He wins some headers, not enough for a man of his size, but they're rarely ever TO anyone. I will not be sad to see the back of him.

He does win headers, and I would fault the other players for not feeding off of his knock-downs... agree that he has relatively poor technical ability (a lot of big target man do)... wouldn't have too much of an issue with his pace as he tends to muscle his way through... agree about his shooting and passing...

Bottom-line is tho'... I will bne happy to see him move on if, and only if, we sign a replacement... otherwise we are just shooting ourselves in the foot...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Even if we don't sign someone else I won't be sad to see him go. As I said we have at least 5 strikers better, jury is out on Turienzo of course.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sid James said:
I really can't believe they would do this without a replacement in the pipeline :thumbsup:

Is Turienzo fully fit and about to be unleashed on an unsuspecting Champioship?

:eek:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Dick tight is not prepared to spend any money so here is the time to offload and save some cash before the inevitable relegation.

I just hope that Sheff Utd signing Akinbyi and Dyer allows Shipperley to return south and down to the south coast. Oh yes that'll mean he goes to the mighty Bournemouth!

I cannot believe we are just 4 days from the end of the transfer window and all we have signed is a young Hastings midfielder who 'is one for the future'. Yes we have signed Henderson but he's hardly new is he??:angry: :angry:

Oh well, good luck Joe Gatting and CKR in your attempts to save our Championship status. :rolleyes:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't know why everyone is saying Shipperley.Warnock will not get let him go.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
trueblue said:
This would be a very bad move without someone else lined up. McCammon and CKR are a reasonable combination. Big Mc may not be a football genius but he's definitely worth having about I reckon.

Some of the criticism of him is ridiculous. If he's really that dreadful, why would Watford even take a look at him? May I suggest that people who know a bit more about football obviously think that he can be useful.....

Seconded,there must be someone else lined up or it's a gamble

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sheff U fans reckon i was taking the piss when i mentioned it to them a while back.Shipperley is having a great season and his being one of there better forwards this season.

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
algie said:
Sheff U fans reckon i was taking the piss when i mentioned it to them a while back.Shipperley is having a great season and his being one of there better forwards this season.

Shipperley (or rather his family) has not settled up north

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
dunno said:
Shipperley (or rather his family) has not settled up north

Have you a link to this?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Harty will not save us.One goal every 7-8 games is not good enough.We need a foward

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
algie said:
Harty will not save us.One goal every 7-8 games is not good enough.We need a foward

In an ideal world but it doesnt look as if were getting one at the moment. Harty was immense against leeds, i think given a run up front he could do us a good job.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Harty will not score enough to keep us up.
His record even at the lower levels wasn't good enough and he's lost a year of pace too.

Gatting could be anything and is probably our best chance. That said it is a big ask to try and save our season at his age and it might ruin him for the future.

McPhee, I would allow to leave. El Turi God knows, Jake out on loan but not back into the conference, League One club if possible

CKR with one other, loan or perm, even if he's young and unproven. Harty off the bench and Gatting too.

Best chance we've got right now IMHO
February will be crucial and we do have it all in our own hands still...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
This has been said already but is perfectly true, one of two things is happening here.

Either we are in such financial shit that we need to continue to offload players, or McCammon's departure is going to coincide with a new arrival.

I would be flabbergasted, given the amount of bitching that has come out of the club about needing a new centre-forward, that he would be allowed to go if nobody else is coming in. Shit as McCammon may be, he is still a centre-forward, we don't have anybody else like him at the club, and we are in a relegation battle.

If he goes and nobody else comes in, some serious SERIOUS questions need to be asked about our ambitions for this season. If nobody else is lined up, keep McCammon here for emergencies.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
As the man says in the post above,it must mean that they have another striker lined up to come in once trolley is off the wage bill.

If not,the club surely must be getting ready to be relegated,from DK down to MM:nono:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the point people miss with McCammon and McPhee is that in a relegation fight sometimes you have to play shit football. These two give us an outlet up front and provide some physical presence, therefore allowing players like CKR and Robinson (and the wingers & Hammond) more space and oppotunity to get behind defenders and score as they are dealing with the target man who is actually challenging them. With the man mountains that pass for centre halfs in this division two pacey strikers just get knocked out of the game. If the target man weighs in with 5 goals for the season great, but the point is they will open it up for others to get even more goals.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Les Biehn said:
I think the point people miss with McCammon and McPhee is that in a relegation fight sometimes you have to play shit football. These two give us an outlet up front and provide some physical presence, therefore allowing players like CKR and Robinson (and the wingers & Hammond) more space and oppotunity to get behind defenders and score as they are dealing with the target man who is actually challenging them. With the man mountains that pass for centre halfs in this division two pacey strikers just get knocked out of the game. If the target man weighs in with 5 goals for the season great, but the point is they will open it up for others to get even more goals.

99% agree, the exception being McPhee, still a different player to McCammon and not as much of a nuisance to opposing centre-halves. But what you are saying about McCammon's presence is absolutely true, which is the reason why I would be astonished if his departure doesn't co-incide with an arrival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here