Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maynard

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why on earth are people touting Barnes about? He's one of the great success stories of last season! 50k for 20 goals at the age of 20 is brilliant. I'm pretty sure Poyet also sees Barnes as his prodigy so I can't see there being any chance of him leaving.
Spot on and he has great potential:)

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
why on earth are people touting barnes about? He's one of the great success stories of last season! 50k for 20 goals at the age of 20 is brilliant. I'm pretty sure poyet also sees barnes as his prodigy so i can't see there being any chance of him leaving.

this:bhasign:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I'd keep Barnes but not sure if he'll be a regular especially as Gus has said he wants another striker.

And there lies the problem,will Barnes accept that maybe he is not an automatic pick ? I felt he became quite anxious last season ,when not starting.Can Gus keep him happy ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
And there lies the problem,will Barnes accept that maybe he is not an automatic pick ? I felt he became quite anxious last season ,when not starting.Can Gus keep him happy ?

Really ? I thought quite the opposite. The way he handled himself and spoke of the team massively impressed me.

I think he would be happy to fight for his place

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
At the moment Barnes is probably 3rd choice behind CMS and hoskins , if another experienced striker comes in he is not likely to get many games at his age I would want to move on.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd be very disappointed to see Barnes go... but I'd be equally delighted to sign Maynard! CMS and Maynard upfront, with Hoskins off the bench! WOW.

He'll go to Leicester for about £16 million or something f***ing absurd though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Southampton signing him shortly

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Wow. Great signing. Bet their laughing all the way to the bank with that O-C cash; enough to bankroll a fair push at the play-offs. Think they'll have a good year.

Edit I withdraw my ignorant statement then.

ps Yes, they will do very well this year.

Last edited:

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
apparantly not signing for us. Word has it we've had a £3.5million bid accepted for Ebanks-Blake. What a signing that would be! not sure why we've signed Fox though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be fair and I hate Southampton but didn't the new owner actually pay all their debts in full.... Rather than the Leeds and Palace way

This is true, you can't criticise Southampton for their administration, at least they paid their way out of it.

I think they will do very well this season.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
To be fair and I hate Southampton but didn't the new owner actually pay all their debts in full.... Rather than the Leeds and Palace way

Yeah was well played by Marcus Leibherr but is incredibly disheartening to see them ultimately getting away with cheating with incredibly little suffering.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If Maynard does sign for Saints they are going to be really strong this season. They already have a very good team and Maynard, being proven in the Champ, just makes it that bit more threatening! Fancy them for the Prem!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yeah was well played by Marcus Leibherr but is incredibly disheartening to see them ultimately getting away with cheating with incredibly little suffering.

Wasn't the old and incredibly unpopular old regime that was guilty of nefarious dealings though, the currrent regime set these things right.

Bloody hell cannot believe I am defending Southampton here, but they are no Leeds, palace or indeed Pompey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here