Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matty Prior - All Sussex & Brighton Fans Are Very Very Proud Of You !!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wonder if the club can get him and Mushy to make an appearance once they report back to Hove for training (along with our County heroes, perhaps).

Matty won't be back for a while. He's playing for Victoria in the Aussie 20/20 bash. He'll have some interesting conversations in Aussie dressing rooms.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Absolutely, your keeping was top notch all througout the series, saving a lot of runs with wide ones down the legside and I cannot think of one single drop of a chance throughout (he did miss a stumping chance but I think I can forgive that:thumbsup:) and his batting improved as the series went along and his hundred in the last test was the icing on a very large cake. Sussex will miss you, but long may you be England's keeper, your hard work, which is shown by your vast improvement, deserves it.

PS I don't know why England don't pick you (as wk/opener) for the one dayers, but if they don't the mighty Sussex will have you back when you don't play:yahoo:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great effort from Prior, not just this series, but by ending the argument over his position by just getting much better behind the stumps. A lesson for all young pros.

He would be well within his rights to go and lamp a couple of journalists today, not that he will. Some were very scathing about his keeping, and the Mail (what a surprise) once called him an 'uneducated, skinhead buffoon'.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Awesome job hope he has a great time out there at some parties then comes back and performs well when in the Sussex side. Needs a big cheer in his first match back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Brown continues the promise he showed last season, Sussex could have the two best wicketkeeper/batsmen in England within a couple of years - that's a nice thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here