Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matty Prior - All Sussex & Brighton Fans Are Very Very Proud Of You !!

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
well done matt prior - has worked really hard over the last couple of years- had lots of stick from press in past and the disappointment of not getting a central contract a couple of years back. Not sure about that beard though??

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
photo_1294299750023-1-0.jpg

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Congrats Matt! your keeping has really come along nicely to support your batting!

Nice one!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
What are the odds of young Jonny Prior turning out for the Albion in 16-17 years' time? Grandson of Sammy Nelson no less!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Prior scored 51 off 29 balls in his first game for the Bushrangers in the KFC Big Bash

Victoria lost though - in fact, Matt scored more than 50 percent of all the runs off the bat. They'd have been really hammered without him

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I see he is in the same team as Peter Siddle - i wonder if Prior has offered to finish what he was threatening to do when Siddle got him out in Perth?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Matt has been picked instead of Steve Davies for the World Cup squad. :clap2:
Both the other Sussex lads are in the squad too. :clap2:

Squad Andrew Strauss (capt), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Paul Collingwood, Eoin Morgan, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Ajmal Shahzad, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Jonathan Trott, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Matt has been picked instead of Steve Davies for the World Cup squad. :clap2:
Both the other Sussex lads are in the squad too. :clap2:

Squad Andrew Strauss (capt), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Paul Collingwood, Eoin Morgan, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Ajmal Shahzad, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Jonathan Trott, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy

Well done to Matty, Luke and Yards. Must say that Chris Woakes was unlucky to miss out - he did OK

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
....and he goes straight in to the ODI squad to finish the series against Australia.

Nice one

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ahem....not all Brighton fans thank you very much.

personally I thought keiswetter was worth a look.....there are not enough saffies in the side for my liking

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
PS I don't know why England don't pick you (as wk/opener) for the one dayers, but if they don't the mighty Sussex will have you back when you don't play:yahoo:

Good news for England, bad news for Sussex, but I will forgive them if you bring back the World Cup too Matty.

Your hard work deserves it. Great stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here