Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
Gosh - there was I thinking football was about physical skill and conditioning, instinct and intuition...however it turns out its about academic intellect and eloquence.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
When Joey Barton is considered one of the most intelligent footballers, it really doesn't bode well for the rest of them. Anyway i think there is an inversely proportional relationship between intelligence and footballing ability just look at the best players, Rooney etc, you wouldn't have them joining mensa, plus i'm a genius and i'm crap at football so i've proved my own theory.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Mattock would currently fit in at west ham , hoof it and see what happens.He will never be able to play intelligent passing football

Exactly what are you basing this on? You seem a lot thicker than Mattock to me.

Are other football fans as retarded as this or is it unique to Brighton? Slagging off a player who hasn't even played for us yet and saying that he wont be able to play the Gus way. Yet Gus clearly thinks he can, because otherwise he wouldn't have signed him. But you know better. How?

20 years ago this wasn't an issue because retards like you couldn't have their opinions heard, but now the internet is here you can write it down for all to see. It's a shame really.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Exactly what are you basing this on? You seem a lot thicker than Mattock to me.

Are other football fans as retarded as this or is it unique to Brighton? Slagging off a player who hasn't even played for us yet and saying that he wont be able to play the Gus way. Yet Gus clearly thinks he can, because otherwise he wouldn't have signed him. But you know better. How?

20 years ago this wasn't an issue because retards like you couldn't have their opinions heard, but now the internet is here you can write it down for all to see. It's a shame really.

I think what you have identified here is the flaw in the internet and social media as it "gives everyone a voice".

Unfortunately there are people who utilise them as some sort of Idiot Empowerment Device.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...................plus i'm a genius and i'm crap at football so i've proved my own theory.
Yes, I was thinking along the same lines myself.........IQ the size of Sussex, so how come I never got to play for England.........or Brighton..........or even The Dog and Duck Sunday league team (reserves)?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Unbelievable the guy has not even pulled on the shirt and someone is having a go, I heard we only signed him because we missed out on Stephen Hawking, still not convinced he would have done a job though despite the IQ.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Rubbish. Take Clarke Carlisle for example- incredibly intelligent, but could be a clown on the pitch.

He voted Lib Dem, he is not that clever :facepalm:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sometimes makes me laugh people suggesting footballers are thick when most of them are earning more than most of us
I saw the interveiw and though although very cagey he came over pretty well

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Mutts is just generally stupid when it comes to football sadly

Im sure hes one who thinks CMS gives nothing to the side and should be dropped, says it all really.

But hes an Albion fan ....so i still love him :)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Never, ever judge a player on their media interviews, which are necessarily anodyne and not exactly opportunities to display great wit or insight in the first place, even if you possess them.

Another post, by the way, which joins the long and ignoble list of those which have criticised a new player before he's so much as kicked a ball for us. :shrug:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Footballing intelligence is in no way related to life intelligence. Take Jara Reyes for example. Clearly a good footballer and plays Poyet's style well but also stupid enough to a) get banned for drink driving and then b) get caught driving after banned.

Plus, Ashley Barnes plays EXACTLY as Gus tells him to play and (in my opinion) does it well despite being a striker asked to play left wing. He does however occasionally think a cup win equals 3-points...

Conclusion... OP must be :fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here