Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Matt Hancock is a hands-on kind of man.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Tory party, the PM and senior cabinet are doing their best to self destruct. Surely they can’t fail every time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Met police have decided not to investigate the breach of Covid law due to it being retrospective.
There you have your perfect defence. Any law you broke yesterday is retrospective so you can’t be charged, or something.

At least the next series of "New Tricks" is going to be over pretty damned quickly

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I can't escape the feeling that his mistress body language seems to give me the impression that she knows the camera is there.
It would be interesting to see a proper body language expert look at it and say what they think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At least the kids at school will be speaking in Latin and about time too.
Cameron, May, Johnson (Gove)
What a sorry line up of useless fools.

If only Labour hadn't had that brain fade, lending votes to a no hoper in the leadership contest so they could say 'look, we have such a broad tolerant church - we even have a no hoper old lefty on the ballot', only for the useless dinosaur to win due to the MPs forgetting their system still let a tiny number of the unwashed hold the balance of power. Luckily that is now behind us, but the damage done may still see the tories elected yet again in three years, god help us. Just think of that :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't escape the feeling that his mistress body language seems to give me the impression that she knows the camera is there.
It would be interesting to see a proper body language expert look at it and say what they think.

Well if it was a set up her husband would need to have been in the know. I don't buy it (not that I care either way).

I also disagree that Boris will sack him any time soon. He's happy surrounding himself with useful idiots. The only show in town, really, is Boris. People still think he's funny and gets things done. It doesn't matter about old watsisname the health bloke who can't keep his trousers on; he's still doing a good job with the vaccines, innit.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
100% agree, her body language given her 'situation' appears unnatural and questionable to say the least.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
100% agree, her body language given her 'situation' appears unnatural and questionable to say the least.

She is in a room alone with Hancock, everyone's body language would be a bit off in such circumstances.

Having said that it is interesting how this footage was obtained and then sat on for a few weeks.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Aside from my personal feelings on this scandal (those being he is a hypocrite who should have been fired, let alone asked to resign).

It's quite an interesting lesson in how to handle an attempted "cancellation". "I apologise, that's the end of it, there will be no further comment". Amazed people don't actually use this more. The amount of times I see people fold under pressure from a viral mob in the news, and apologise and give the "learnt a lot, etc, re-examine my conduct etc" is unreal. The few cases I can remember where people just said "Yeah. I said that." and moved on is few. But it seems rather effective.

If I had a mob baying for my blood I'd head to the Winchester, grab a pint and wait for the whole thing to blow over.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
It's notable one Tory MP has broken ranks and called for Hancock to resign. The MP concerned is in a seat taken from the LibDems in 2019. Genuine moral outrage or has the result in Amersham and Chesham focused his mind and he needs to hedge a little?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did anyone seriously think Hancock would get into trouble for this given his boss is a serial philanderer

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did anyone seriously think Hancock would get into trouble for this given his boss is a serial philanderer

As pointed out, that’s not the only problem.

Security and possible blackmail
Covid restrictions and preaching to the nation, even insisting on a bloke being charged by the police.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Depends on what sort of trouble you mean.

I suspect Mrs Hancock, her family and members of the local constituency Tory Party will all be keen to have a chat with hopeless Hancock.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Perhaps Liz knew all along. She hesitated to say what he was full of, poor man. Promise seemed an afterthought.

Boris reckons he was full of beans. More likely he had blown them quite recently.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've just seen the video, there's absolutely no way that is genuine. It wouldn't surprise me if they're all in on it including his effing wife. They're probably selling off a huge chunk of the NHS or selling our data to the Russians whilst we're all distracted!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As pointed out, that’s not the only problem.

Security and possible blackmail
Covid restrictions and preaching to the nation, even insisting on a bloke being charged by the police.

I don't disagree on any of those points all I am saying that is that this is typical behaviour by the person that is democratically elected as leader.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Hancock resigns

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here