Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Matt Hancock is a hands-on kind of man.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now the scum paper has released the footage you can see it’s just her left hand on her hip with thumb pointing towards Hopeless.

All rather seedy including the placement of an entrapment camera. He’ll probably have to go yet it’s a shame he does so not after his useless performance as minister and the cronyism and backhanders he been involved with but because someone has planted a camera in his office which has caught him out with his bit on the side …. who he appointed as an aide on £15k a year for 15 or so days work a year.

And whose brother received a lucrative NHS contract, Roberto Coladangelo.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whilst enjoying the Twitter responses, I saw a comment about Photoshop. What the hell is that on her left side that looks like a hand before they get close? It then become his hand. At first, you think it is part of her dress but it goes. Consensus is that it is her right hand. Whilst probably correct, it seems like she goes into the encounter clutching her stomach - which makes it funnier.

View attachment 138004

Talking about photoshop ..someone’s been having fun

71B69AFF-5C50-417D-BCCA-C1957FDDB6B9.jpeg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And whose brother received a lucrative NHS contract, Roberto Coladangelo.

Mmmm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....racts-were-properly-awarded-b1873204.html?amp

A healthcare company which employs as a senior director the brother of the aide Matt Hancock was pictured kissing has insisted it had never benefited from the connection to the Health Secretary

Reports suggested Roberto Coladangelo, strategy director at Partnering Health Limited (PHL Group), was the brother of Gina Coladangelo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I’m not sure what to make of this, of course the nation is outraged millions have made unbelievable sacrifices during the pandemic which doesn’t seem to register with you ??? :down:

My point is that in the headline "Health Secretary breaks 2m distance rule by having affair", the public are far more outraged by the breaking of the 2m rule than the affair. I may be in the minority, but I'll be teaching my children that adultery is a greater transgression than hypocrisy.

While it may be wrong, why is adultery misogynist? Its carried out by both sexes.

Absolutely, it takes two to tango. However, forgive me if I'm wrong, but the general reaction by the press and social media that I've witnessed has been:

1) Outrage at Hancock for breaking the two metre rule and calls for him to resign (which for the record, I don't completely disagree with that call).
2) Memes making fun of the irony of Hancock's affair, such as some of the ones seen on this thread.

This normalises men cheating on their partners/spouses, yet society is quick to condemn other harmful examples of normalised male behaviour.

Yet, it's all focused on him. What about his wife Martha? What about his children? Where's the focus on the sacrifice they've probably had to make in their husband and father being a prominent MP and cabinet member during this pandemic, only for him to betray them like this? They're (and Gina's husband and children) the greater victims in this whole situation than any single person in this country.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My point is that in the headline "Health Secretary breaks 2m distance rule by having affair", the public are far more outraged by the breaking of the 2m rule than the affair. I may be in the minority, but I'll be teaching my children that adultery is a greater transgression than hypocrisy.

Absolutely, it takes two to tango. However, forgive me if I'm wrong, but the general reaction by the press and social media that I've witnessed has been:

1) Outrage at Hancock for breaking the two metre rule and calls for him to resign (which for the record, I don't completely disagree with that call).
2) Memes making fun of the irony of Hancock's affair, such as some of the ones seen on this thread.

Yet, it's all focused on him. What about his wife Martha? What about his children? Where's the focus on the sacrifice they've probably had to make in their husband and father being a prominent MP and cabinet member during this pandemic, only for him to betray them like this? They're (and Gina's husband and children) the greater victims in this whole situation than any single person in this country.

Give it a rest. There have been plenty of comments - on here and elsewhere - showing sympathy for the spouses and children. But adultery is not a sackable offence and if it was with anyone else or at any other time, it would just be the Sun being grubby as usual. Do you get on your high horse every time someone is guilty of adultery? Because that will include people on here, Royalty, Brighton footballers, TV stars, Movie Stars etc. People are concentrating on who it was with and the ramifications of that as well as the breach of a rule he set AND called for the sacking of someone else when they breached the exact same rule.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Still not misogyni.

Its a good thing there's no focus on their families. No one wants to be a tabloid celebrity.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In the 'olden' days an affair was enough to see a minister resign as they would be seen as untrustworthy.

What we see here is a minister who has been shown to have lied before, having an affair with someone he has known for sometime, whilst employing that person specifically to work for him. All the while condemning those who broke the rules which he flouted.

The PM can do little as these are things he is not unfamiliar with himself.

These are your overlords.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Met police have decided not to investigate the breach of Covid law due to it being retrospective.
There you have your perfect defence. Any law you broke yesterday is retrospective so you can’t be charged, or something.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In the 'olden' days an affair was enough to see a minister resign as they would be seen as untrustworthy.

What we see here is a minister who has been shown to have lied before, having an affair with someone he has known for sometime, whilst employing that person specifically to work for him. All the while condemning those who broke the rules which he flouted.

The PM can do little as these are things he is not unfamiliar with himself.

These are your overlords.
I think the question has to be asked " Is he actually able to do the job of Health Minister while he is living with pals and his marriage is breaking down "? ...

Ministers used to quit when they " Became the Story " and the focus of government shifted. How can he actually do another Covid briefing with Valance and Co without endless questions about his hypocrisy?

He has to go, he has been set up as Johnsons's fall guy and the axe will come sometime in the near future anyway. He is the condemned man on Death Row and the only power he has left is to choose the time of his departure.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
F*ck Big Brain Dom! Any government worthy of the name would have slapped him back in his box earlydoors. Or not hired him in the first place. Hopefully the spooks will have delved deeply into his 3 year spell in Russia straight after graduating from Oxford...

He’s good friends with Michael Gove, who has been keeping his head down recently. Don’t bet against Gove becoming PM sooner or later. Tories stab each other in the back.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

This normalises men cheating on their partners/spouses, yet society is quick to condemn other harmful examples of normalised male behaviour.

Interesting debate we only live once would you want your children stuck for life in an unhappy marriage? Not condoning cheating yet there is obviously something wrong in the relationship to make someone to look elsewhere in the first place.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Met police have decided not to investigate the breach of Covid law due to it being retrospective.
There you have your perfect defence. Any law you broke yesterday is retrospective so you can’t be charged, or something.
But every investigation is retrospective anyway... We are not at the stage of Minority Report yet where you can be done before you commit the crime...it beggars belief though that the police just let this go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here