Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday Travel From The Amex

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I am hoping for a to-and-from coach/bus to do the trip from Rottingdean (pubs) through to Falmer via Falmer road. I asked at the presentation and they said they were looking into it....but i imagine im being a tad optimistic.

Typical over reaction. I know there have been consultations blah blah blah but it does not stop it being a bit of a nightmare getting away after the game. I was asking for the link for any planning or actual travel info from the club. I was not accusing th club not having anything in place....do you see the difference now

Just f**k88G wait until we 've got thing built before worrying about travel.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Do you think that the club are likely to install an airport so I can get back to Leeds by 6 after the game do I don't miss my tea?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
:lol:It's taken me 13 years to get to the Amex.

And now you are worried about and added hour to get away from it.

Wow, I'm amazed. Actually someone else who agrees with me. And there's me thinking the world had gone made. By the way Storer 68, make sure you don't use vile words, because the 'we must moan about something now we've got a brand spanking new stadium' brigade take offence very easily.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Wow, I'm amazed. Actually someone else who agrees with me. And there's me thinking the world had gone made. By the way Storer 68, make sure you don't use vile words, because the 'we must moan about something now we've got a brand spanking new stadium' brigade take offence very easily.

To be fair Grassman (and I'm not having a pop at you) but I don't think his intention was to have a moan. It was a general point of view - that is all. I can understand some people's frustration if they believe people are moaning - after all we are going to have one of the best stadiums in the country and after the shit that we've put up with through the years both on and off the pitch it couldn't go to a better bunch of supporters IMO. But, like I say, I don't believe A v S was talking about his own situation - just raising a general point.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Crikey is this still going on?! A vs S made a valid point and was merely asking a question but I see both points of view...in the end we'll get home! In the mean time, have a drink, catch up with your mates, look back at the game and enjoy what will be a fantastic day out at an incredible new stadium with a club who have one of the most exciting futures ahead of them out of all the football league.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Christ give it a rest will you. AvS was clearly not criticising anyone at the club, or moaning about us playing at Falmer whatsoever. If you think ANYONE is complaining about playing at the Amex instead of Withdean then perhaps get yourself checked out at the docs. It was just a query about an aspect of each matchday that has generated over 150 posts in response.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Christ give it a rest will you. AvS was clearly not criticising anyone at the club, or moaning about us playing at Falmer whatsoever. If you think ANYONE is complaining about playing at the Amex instead of Withdean then perhaps get yourself checked out at the docs. It was just a query about an aspect of each matchday that has generated over 150 posts in response.

There is a sensible answer and balanced view. Glad that somewhere within this thread there have been some posts which have spotted this.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Count to ten....and respond. Ok, here goes. A vs S's first post included the lines "I can see it being a bit of a nightmare". This came after he had asked for details of the club's travel plans for Falmer. In other words he doesn't know the clubs plans, but still he can see it's gonna be a "nightmare". How, from that statement is he not having a go at the club? Following on from this we have a thread today saying how it's gonna be a nightmare for the police to control certain games. Now, I'm sorry if I'm offending you all, but as someone who was there throughout the dark ages of this club (and I'm sure many of the people having a go at me were too), as someone who travelled to Gillingham for 95% of the games, as someone who has endured the Withdean years, and as someone who is so f*cking excited about the next part of our future, am I not allowed to express my opinion that I think some of you are trying to create problems, when we have no idea if these problems will arise.
Also, I was also quite offended by being told that I was making "vile" comments and "sneering gobfulls of abuse" or whatever - go read what I actually said. I tell you what I am doing and that is expressing an opinion that after all WE have been through, can we not just sit back and say WOW, Falmer is just gonna be great. Who cares if there is a delay getting home in the first games? Things will sort themselves out, but I tell you one thing, whatever it will be, it won't be a f*cking "nightmare".
Now I promise that is it, I'm not gonna comment further.

Last edited:

Sep 1, 2010
baby crying.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here