Matchday Travel From The Amex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Er...
The Highway Code
Rules for cyclists...

You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
[Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)]

I'll remember to loudly quote that the next time I'm nearly mowed down at a pedestrian crossing by some lycra-clad gimp on a mission as he disappears into the distance...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Er...
The Highway Code
Rules for cyclists...

You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
[Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)]

Carry on using the cycle path to the university and go under the subway there - there are no steps (there's no access to the stadium at the moment of course but that won't be an issue by next season)

THANKYOU. Someone is going the right way...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was thinking of doing the following. Let me know if this is crazy to beat the rush.

Coming from Newhaven, drive to Lewes and park up. Get the bike out the back of the car and cycle along the A27 pathway to Falmer. Lock the bike up somewhere. At the end of the match collect the bike, cycle back to lewes to pick the car back, and drive back down to Newhaven. Its only 4.8 miles from Lewes so I could probably do that in about 30 minutes.

Or hang about in the stadium for an hour afterwards and get the train back. I know last time Cycling was talked about, it was considered a bit sad, but If I hide my scarf I should be ok.

Getting away to the east will be a piece of piss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There should be a system in place where those who have furthest to travel home after the games, get priority. The rest of you should go and enjoy a drink, whatever, while the first train and first few buses out are exclusively reserved for anyone with more than 50 miles to travel. :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, I get home from an evening game at nearly midnight, and expect next year for that to be an hour later.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
When I've been in lectures I've only ever seen 3 or 4 carrages go past.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
To get home from Sat games l need to be back at Churchill Square in time for my last bus at 18.00, (London Road Shops at 18.10), do l brave the hordes waiting for a 25 bus?, or do l chance walkiing to the station and joining the throng waiting for a traiin to London Road so that l can join the bus at Preston Ciircus?
I assume it's same bus that goes to Horsham as my dad's in same boat. I suggested catching park and ride bus from Mill Road. At the end of game get off at the bottom and walk along A23 to bus stop, guess it's somewhere near Black Lion.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I assume it's same bus that goes to Horsham as my dad's in same boat. I suggested catching park and ride bus from Mill Road. At the end of game get off at the bottom and walk along A23 to bus stop, guess it's somewhere near Black Lion.

Why not register your interest with Stage Door? I'm sure there will be enough demand to run a coach or two from Horsham.

Seagull Travel | Stage Door Tickets

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The club could consider a safe walking route upto Woodingdean, plenty of parking potential round there....any thoughts?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I would like to point out that my 19 minutes from Falmer to Brighton was done whilst obeying all traffic lights and rules of the road. I would say as well that any cyclist who chose to ignore the traffic lights on Lewes Road is suicidal being as they are all relatively busy junctions. It does help that there is a cycle path for the whole route and there was a north wind that day, plus it is ever so slightly downhill.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I would like to point out that my 19 minutes from Falmer to Brighton was done whilst obeying all traffic lights and rules of the road. I would say as well that any cyclist who chose to ignore the traffic lights on Lewes Road is suicidal being as they are all relatively busy junctions. It does help that there is a cycle path for the whole route and there was a north wind that day, plus it is ever so slightly downhill.

most of the cyclists i drive by completely ignore solid lines at traffic lights aand go straight out into the junction as if to say 'i need a better view'!

but one more cyclist llike you is all thhe reason i need to stop bashing on cyclists (At the moment...) :)

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

I'll catch the boat to Horsham, what a lovely way to travel.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On the same note, Richard Hebbard, the ops manager, who hosted my presentation, stated when asked the question, that the stadium when full, could be completely cleared of supporters 47 minutes after the fiinal whistle.

Seems a liitle bit odd, why '47' minutes?, why not say within the hour?. How can they be so sure anyway?, the stadium isnt even complete yet, so its hardly been put to the test.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
On the same note, Richard Hebbard, the ops manager, who hosted my presentation, stated when asked the question, that the stadium when full, could be completely cleared of supporters 47 minutes after the fiinal whistle.

Seems a liitle bit odd, why '47' minutes?, why not say within the hour?. How can they be so sure anyway?, the stadium isnt even complete yet, so its hardly been put to the test.

I will be very pleased if that is the case. Somehow that does seem a tad optimistic!!

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
[stated when asked the question, that the stadium when full, could be completely cleared of supporters 47 minutes after the fiinal whistle.

/QUOTE]

1901 members get an extra 15mins to vacate

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Ever heard of the word "frogmarched" ?

Yoda

English & European

Ok, that's the stadium, what about the station/bus stops/etc.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here