Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matador has eye gouged out.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is there any sort of backlash against bull fighting (stupid bloody name for it) in Spain does anyone know? Do animal rights groups protest outside the venues? Will it ever be scrapped?

Horrible what happened to that bloke, but I'm sorry he deserved everything he got.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
Were meat eaters so eating meat is natural to us, the way we get it is not, so saying were part of the system is bollocks.

This is totally different to anyone eating meat.

Your response is confusing, and not only because your grammar is pretty weak. Yes, we are omnivores and I have no problem with people eating meat, but how can you say that you eat meat and then say that you being part of the 'meat production' system is bollocks? Maybe I am missing your point completely, if so, can you rephrase what you were trying to say before?

What I was trying to say was, I think that people complain about bullfighting and fox hunting to cover up deeper more wide-spread issues with animal cruelty. It allows meat eaters to play ignorant to the meat industry and convince themselves that they are compassionate towards animals because they are against bullfighting etc. I don't think that anyone would be a meat eater without knowing the source of the product unless they are ignorant in regards to the farming process of supermarket or restaurant foods, or completely lack any sort of compassion towards animals.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your response is confusing, and not only because your grammar is pretty weak. Yes, we are omnivores and I have no problem with people eating meat, but how can you say that you eat meat and then say that you being part of the 'meat production' system is bollocks? Maybe I am missing your point completely, if so, can you rephrase what you were trying to say before?

What I was trying to say was, I think that people complain about bullfighting and fox hunting to cover up deeper more wide-spread issues with animal cruelty. It allows meat eaters to play ignorant to the meat industry and convince themselves that they are compassionate towards animals because they are against bullfighting etc. I don't think that anyone would be a meat eater without knowing the source of the product unless they are ignorant in regards to the farming process of supermarket or restaurant foods, or completely lack any sort of compassion towards animals.

The degree's of Animal abuse, Bull Fighting has to be right up there at the top so its absurd to relate it to the production of meat. What your saying is " yeah Bullfighting is barbaric but people eat meat so let it carry on ". The starting point for progression has to be the banning of Bullfighting surely , and then take it from there.

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
The degree's of Animal abuse, Bull Fighting has to be right up there at the top so its absurd to relate it to the production of meat. What your saying is " yeah Bullfighting is barbaric but people eat meat so let it carry on ". The starting point for progression has to be the banning of Bullfighting surely , and then take it from there.

I see your point but I don't think that stopping bullfighting should necessarily be higher on the agenda. It's argueably a higher degree of abuse, but that doesn't make it a starting point for progression. I think the starting point for progression should be something that relates to a wider scale of people, such as the meat industry or the animal testing industry. Also, I think people are under no illusions as to what happens to bullfighting bulls, whereas many people haven't got a clue about where the meat they eat came from, so there is much more scope for people to learn. I am not saying 'let it all carry on' I just think that disagreeing with bullfighting allows people to have a convenient distraction away from bigger but similar issues. People should put as much effort into publicising the abuse of bullfighting into publicising treatment of animals in our own country, then people might actually realise what they are doing. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we are sort of on the same wavelength in disagreeing with animal abuse, we just differ in our views on how to tackle it, so maybe we should just agree to disagree.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I see your point but I don't think that stopping bullfighting should necessarily be higher on the agenda. It's argueably a higher degree of abuse, but that doesn't make it a starting point for progression. I think the starting point for progression should be something that relates to a wider scale of people, such as the meat industry or the animal testing industry. Also, I think people are under no illusions as to what happens to bullfighting bulls, whereas many people haven't got a clue about where the meat they eat came from, so there is much more scope for people to learn. I am not saying 'let it all carry on' I just think that disagreeing with bullfighting allows people to have a convenient distraction away from bigger but similar issues. People should put as much effort into publicising the abuse of bullfighting into publicising treatment of animals in our own country, then people might actually realise what they are doing. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we are sort of on the same wavelength in disagreeing with animal abuse, we just differ in our views on how to tackle it, so maybe we should just agree to disagree.

Fair and intelligent reply.

Mods please ban this poster for continuing reasonableness, the use of coherent argument and well considered views. It's just not NSC.

i really get my information from my body - meat is heavy, dense, and takes ages to digest.....and is mostly full of rubbish these days.

if you don't agree that organic fruit veg and grain is the best diet then i have to question your research.

society is geared to farm yes, farm money out of people.

Yes I get those points, but take issue with fruit veg and grain alone being substantial enough as a diet. Good quality farmed meat is desirable to my diet, and engineered quik-gro fruit and veg wouldn't be - but you select the poor product to suit your argument and I'm now countering that with the same. Eat properly, eat well, and be selective every time - these decisions don't indicate that I could eradicate meat from my diet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here