Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"massive" unexplodeed car bomb in central london....

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Suspect on CCTV leaving the car was described as a black man smartly dressed in a pinstripe suit. That area of London is smothered in CCTV, but don't expect to see photos until the SyServices have had a chance to go and find him themselves.

99.9% of the IRA bombs were phoned in warnings first? Bollocks. They twigged pretty quickly that actually phoning a warning with no bomb saved resources, or they waited until the area could not be cleared - then they released press statements saying that they had phoned before detonation. They also used to phone in crap - trying to get the SyServices to move people from one area into a funnelled blast zone.

The Irish hated the Stop and Search policy because it made them victims in their own country. The Irish over here also hated it because it made them pariahs - "no dogs, no blacks, no Irish"?

Granted, the mentality is different here, but until this Government wakes up and realises that dialogue is not the way forward, we are going to be forever scared of our own shadows. They do not want to talk, they do not want to make concessions - their avowed goal is a global Muslim state, to the exclusion of all others. The hardliners don't accept the Muslim Council, etc - they take their orders from Allah, so some fat politico is not going to get a look in.

The last paragraph is spot on and is totally true but for the rest then that’s your opinion. If the IRA wanted to bomb and kill innocent civilians then why did 9 out of the 10 areas get cleared, its because the bombs couldn’t be detonated and the IRA didn’t want to kill innocent civilians. I.e. Carney waft etc.
Yes, sometimes they planted bombs but not like these Muslim extremists who wouldn’t give a warning at all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
intersting that the people with most to say about this dont actually work in london and dont live with the situation daily.

but hey...this is nsc

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, it's not just like the BBC saying we've had a nail bomb attack before in 97. Basically they're saying it could be a white supremacy group. Everyone know’s they're trying not to upset the ethnics, i.e. Muslims.

Funny the Police have know said they have seen the suspect fleeing the car, why no description, colour, height, age? You know, to warn the public to be on the look out for this evil individual.

Wouldn't have anything to do him being 'MUSLIM' would it and don't want to upset the Muslim community.

he would be the nail bombs by a anti gay person would it?

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Suspect on CCTV leaving the car was described as a black man smartly dressed in a pinstripe suit. That area of London is smothered in CCTV, but don't expect to see photos until the SyServices have had a chance to go and find him themselves.

99.9% of the IRA bombs were phoned in warnings first? Bollocks. They twigged pretty quickly that actually phoning a warning with no bomb saved resources, or they waited until the area could not be cleared - then they released press statements saying that they had phoned before detonation. They also used to phone in crap - trying to get the SyServices to move people from one area into a funnelled blast zone.

The Irish hated the Stop and Search policy because it made them victims in their own country. The Irish over here also hated it because it made them pariahs - "no dogs, no blacks, no Irish"?

Granted, the mentality is different here, but until this Government wakes up and realises that dialogue is not the way forward, we are going to be forever scared of our own shadows. They do not want to talk, they do not want to make concessions - their avowed goal is a global Muslim state, to the exclusion of all others. The hardliners don't accept the Muslim Council, etc - they take their orders from Allah, so some fat politico is not going to get a look in.

You're training to be a teacher? I think your liberal use of the truth will cause you problems in PES (PSE???) - aren't you supposed to tow the official line? :D

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
intersting that the people with most to say about this dont actually work in london and dont live with the situation daily.

but hey...this is nsc

Don't get too precious about that DTG - some people don't need to live or work in London to have more experience with this sort of crap. Do you know the background of all the posters on here? There are people on here who have lived with it daily - and I mean daily, not just on a "once or twice a year" basis. Yes, it's frightening, but you have to get on with life, and you have to realise that the police cannot do it all by themselves - the best information comes from the public, and the public need to take up the responsibility. In today's cases (there are two IEDs), the public played a very strong part, and that needs to continue.

London, at the moment, is not a hotbed of terrorist activity, and hopefully it will stay that way - anti-terrorist branches are like ducks - quiet on the surface, but you have no idea how hard their legs are kicking under the water! And not everyone needs to live or work in London to play a part in this!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You're training to be a teacher? I think your liberal use of the truth will cause you problems in PES (PSE???) - aren't you supposed to tow the official line? :D

Just because I teach it doesn't mean that the truth gets buried! Having pretty extensive first hand experience is useful in that it doubles up as an "original source". Granted, not so much in primary schools, but Year 6 still like the occasional war story and passing the medals around! As long as the information that they get is balanced properly, the requirements of the National Curriculum are met. And not all teachers are woolly-thinking lefties!

It's PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) - and I don't really see a problem in teaching children to respect each other and try to understand other cultures and religions. It's not their fault if the adults are too effing stupid to live together!

I don't think Year 2 are going to "get" this though - they don't really give a toss about race or religion, they are more concerned about what everyone else has got in their lunchboxes!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You should rephrase that because if that was the case then he’d of bombed Brighton’s kemp town instead of various locations around London.

And I think you'll find that Mr Copeland was not "anti-gay" - the Admiral Duncan was his third bomb after Brixton and Brick Lane - he was a rogue, mentally disturbed right winger with an inferiority complex - even the NF/BNP tried to disown him!

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
And I think you'll find that Mr Copeland was not "anti-gay" - the Admiral Duncan was his third bomb after Brixton and Brick Lane - he was a rogue, mentally disturbed right winger with an inferiority complex - even the NF/BNP tried to disown him!

f***ing hell, thought I made my last post clear as glass.

Anyone got any black and white ink?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
f***ing hell, thought I made my last post clear as glass.

Anyone got any black and white ink?

Er - I was backing you up! It was DTG who made the statement about it being "anti-gay" when in fact that was only an element of the crusade this nutter was on.

I was, let's say, polishing your window to ensure that people had a clear view...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Sorry - are you actually claiming Copeland wasn't anti-gay?

Sorry - not clear enough. Should have said that his rationale was not totally "anti-gay" - he was anti all sorts. DTG had implied that he was solely anti-gay, I was just expanding on his manifesto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here