Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive thanks to Jason Jarrett

there's the odd FREAK year, such as last year, but GENERALLY the f.a cup final contains atleast one of the top teams in the country

not a team who has beaten shrewsbury and luton on penalties

Yes but the Football Association is seperate from the Premier League and the Football League, that was what I was trying to say.

Yeah, I was talking about in the lower leagues though. My apologies. If you reach the FA Cup final you have won through in a draw that includes all the best teams in the country. Why on earth is there a cup for the bottom two divisions? Why not the championship and league one? Or league two and the conference? And why is that competition offering mediocre clubs the best prize of all? It's a nonsensical competition and I am glad a proud club like Brighton won't be embarrassed in it's big day.

There used to be a cup for the top two divisions officially called the Full Members Cup but also know in one if it's guises as the Sinod Cup and I think the Zenith Data Systems Cup.
The competition we played in and got knocked out of tonight it officially called the Associate Members Cup.
This is why there is not a cup competition for the Championship and League 1 teams.

Last edited:

And where have I done that?

People can think what they want, why should I care? But I'll stick to believing we're better than all this micky mouse stuff if it's ok with you.

Well that I'm afraid is where you are wrong, beacuse we are technically in the third division of English professional football, which is very Mickey Mouse as we are allowed to enter the Mickey Mouse Cup!
And we aint in the third divsion because of bad luck, it's because we aint good enough.

Last edited:

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
. Why on earth is there a cup for the bottom two divisions? Why not the championship and league one? Or league two and the conference? .

The "Associate Members' Cup" to give it its generic name was just that - a competition limited to the 48 clubs who were not full members of the FL.(the 44 first and second division chairmen had one vote each whereas the rest had no more than a dozen between them.) I can't see why you think lower-league players reaching Wembley devalues it. Don't forget that Wembley was always used for the FA Amateur Cup Final, but I'm sure nobody would have denied those old amateurs their day to remember.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
In his own immortal words;

JOKE thread
JOKE bloke / child.

Grow up you little fucktard - I was actually agreeing with you until you called our squad members 'scum.' I'm sure that I speak for a lot of others when I say "do one and go back to supporting Man Utd." I'm sure there are plenty of wank-off threads you can start about them.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've said once or three hundred times in the last few months that getting kicked out of this JPT joke is the best thing that could happen to us. If you've forgotten why, I'll remind you:

1) We need to spend the next 6 weeks concentrating on vital league games, not a day at Wembley.
2) It's a shit competition that noone gives a f*** about.
3) Some of the scum in our squad don't deserve a game at Withdean, let alone Wembley.
4) A JPT final in front of a half-empty stadium would be shit - I want to go there with 40,000 albion fans and win promotion.
5) I want a team on the pitch to be proud of that the nation will admire - the current mob would be laughed out of north London.

So, back to the point, massive respect tonight to Jason Jarrett. I already liked you as I feel you're different class to any other midfielder at the club, but as I was sat there cheering on the Hatters and (for the only time EVER) willing Michel to fail you grew tenfold in my estimation with that miss. JJ, you've saved our season and our integrity, our self respect and possibly our league one status. I salute you, sir:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I pretty much agree with all of that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have always said the piss pot was a total waste of everyones time. I meaningless competition for all the also rans in the football world. An embarrassment frankly. I have never been to 1 piss pot game and nver would. I would have gone to Wembley for the day out with my mates but would not have given a toss if we won or lost. This is good in that we can concentrate in NOT getting relegated and having the excuse of " ok we went down but at least the fans had a day out at Wembley ".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think he has a point as I said above. This Wembley trip would have taken the eye off the ball. STAYING IN THIS DIVISION.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I think he has a point as I said above. This Wembley trip would have taken the eye off the ball. STAYING IN THIS DIVISION.

Frankly, I reckon that is a load of old bollocks. How could a Wembley final ever be bad for any club???

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This thread has acutely illustrated the undeniable futility of attempting to sensibly converse with life forms of a single cell nature.

Hilarious.

Enjoy...

Kosh

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Frankly, I reckon that is a load of old bollocks. How could a Wembley final ever be bad for any club???

It could be used as an excuse for justifying a disgraceful season and would take the eye of the ball as I said.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It could be used as an excuse for justifying a disgraceful season and would take the eye of the ball as I said.

We don't have to justifying anything. It's a shite season end of. Surely we can't be begrudged a jolly up at Wembley to temper the shite we have had to sit through?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Have you totally misread the thread, BG? In my house tonight, Jason Jarrett and Chris Birchall were lauded as the HEROES that saved our season. They've gone up several notches in my opinion:bowdown:

Why have you not given credit to FDM also for his part in not even trying to stop any of the penalties, he is equally responsible as Jarrett and Birchall, think we all know it just a diversionary tactic.

Applauding a Brighton loss for the the greater good, what a lots bollocks you sprout.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think the only good thing to come out of tonight is that we have FAILED to beat a poor/avergae league two team

if that doesnt spend the end of the joker that currently calls himself our manager, nothing will

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
A Wembley final would have detracted from our main aim of staying up; it would also have papered over the huge cracks in our squad and coaching set-up. So frankly I am glad that we are out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here