Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive thanks to Jason Jarrett

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I guess that confirms it you are not a true Brighton fan

How is he not. I can assure you he goes to more games than you do...

TO be fair to TCB he has said from the first game that he wanted us out of this cup, as did I.

However as we got closer and closer and play offs were out the window (relegation looming though) I was looking forward to the trip to Wembley.

You will see I posted I'd prefer 3 points against Millwall than beating Luton before you say anything.

With one game to go though, I don't quite see where he's coming from!

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
I support my team a damn sight more than you do matey. Just because I am delighted we're out of this f***ing micky mouse joke cup and can concentrate on what matters doesn't give you the right to say that. I suggest the 'ignore' feature rather than your predictable responses to my every post. It's boring now:yawn:

What makes you say you support Brighton more than someone else!!!
I can no longer believe anything you say as you obviously have no clue

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

TO be fair to TCB he has said from the first game that he wanted us out of this cup, as did I.

However as we got closer and closer and play offs were out the window (relegation looming though) I was looking forward to the trip to Wembley.

You will see I posted I'd prefer 3 points against Millwall than beating Luton before you say anything.

It's not the fact that he isn't bothered about the competition - it's the sheer glee he seems to be taking in not only seeing Brighton lose but also taking such a controversial view compared to the rest of the board.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Are you taking the piss? I've been desperate for us to get knocked out of this comical competition since the first round. I am absolutely CONVINCED that tonight has improved our chances of staying up.

Statistically you are talking out of your arse.

"Concentrating on the league" is just one of those bland football cliches that members of the Sky watching Premiership generation take as read.

Unfortunately, the bare truth is that losing a semi final with a place at Wembley at stake is possibly the WORST POSSIBLE preparation for the next league game you could possibly want, especially at this level.

All the research shows that losing a game in any competition has absolutely no positive effect on games in another competition that's a myth.

Unless of course you know different.

Last edited:

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008

You have no idea how many games I go to and I don't think that number of games is a measure of how big a fan you are

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
To be fair, some joker commenting on my every post is a lot more boring than me starting a thread I've never started before. Mainly because in ANY other game I wouldn't want one of our players to miss a penalty. But tonight, well it was the best thing that could happen to us and in May I'll be proved right.

But, if we do stay up, you and everyone else won't know that it was because of tonight that we did stay up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like that - "concentrating on the league". I'm sure Sir Alex would agree that's probably the way to go as he plans his attempt at a quintuple.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I would have gone just because otherwise it would have been a Saturday off at the crucial point of the season, but I promise you one thing: I'm a million times happier to be going to stadium:MK:clap2:

To be fair, some joker commenting on my every post is a lot more boring than me starting a thread I've never started before. Mainly because in ANY other game I wouldn't want one of our players to miss a penalty. But tonight, well it was the best thing that could happen to us and in May I'll be proved right.

How can you possibly be proved right you muppet? Since we're not going to be playing in the final it's surely impossible to prove. You beggar belief.

As for 'commenting on your every post', I have no more interest in your opinion than everyone elses but I can't ignore the fact that you continually post such hyperbolic bullshit.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London

Come off it. You f***ing thrive on the controversy you aim to create.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I do actually dislike that phrase, but in our case I really believe it's true. I am convinced that had we won the shoot-out tonight ALL the talk, ALL the attention, ALL the players' priorities would have been on Wembley. And that would have been a f***ing DISASTER in a period where we have to play Northampton, Crewe, and Orient. As I said, I'll take an undeserved draw in just one of those matches in exchange for Wembley.

It's like reading TalkSport.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Unfortunately, the bare truth is that losing a semi final with a place at Wembley at stake is possibly the WORST POSSIBLE preparation for the next league game you could possibly want . .

He is so right TCB. I'm afraid your show of bravado on this thread suggests that you are an immature kid with his head stuck in juvenile comics. I know that isn't true, because you are a university student - aren't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here