Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive thanks to Jason Jarrett

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well, they are like us a professional football team who take an approach to win as many trophies as they can. Unlike some people on this board he's grasped the fact that success breeds success and winniing is a habit.

Anyone who thinks missing out on Wembley by losing a penalty shootout to the league's bottom team is going to help our season is a twat.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Statistically you are talking out of your arse.

"Concentrating on the league" is just one of those bland football cliches that members of the Sky watching Premiership generation take as read.

And not just statistically.
Does he not realise that we have lost the prospect of players fighting for their place at Wembley? Possibly their last/only chance of playing there?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He is so right TCB. I'm afraid your show of bravado on this thread suggests that you are an immature kid with his head stuck in juvenile comics. I know that isn't true, because you are a university student - aren't you?

Hardly Bravado is it - posting on the internet ?

Bravado would be walking up to a group of players and calling them scum to their faces.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Shit, really? Apologies for that. What a retard.

I know you could say this for any player, but his body language in the build-up to the penalty was like watching a Hitchcock classic.
Birchall is not on loan either.

Matt Richards, penalty scorer extroadinaire, was.

:)

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
He is so right TCB. I'm afraid your show of bravado on this thread suggests that you are an immature kid with his head stuck in juvenile comics. I know that isn't true, because you are a university student - aren't you?

I think a lot of university students read juvenile comics. It would not suprise me if TCB is chief editor of one

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Shit thread.

Adams - WANK as usual.

Kuipers - cost us a goal, piss-poor in a shoot out.

TCB - clueless.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've said once or three hundred times in the last few months that getting kicked out of this JPT joke is the best thing that could happen to us. If you've forgotten why, I'll remind you:

1) We need to spend the next 6 weeks concentrating on vital league games, not a day at Wembley.
2) It's a shit competition that noone gives a f*** about.
3) Some of the scum in our squad don't deserve a game at Withdean, let alone Wembley.
4) A JPT final in front of a half-empty stadium would be shit - I want to go there with 40,000 albion fans and win promotion.
5) I want a team on the pitch to be proud of that the nation will admire - the current mob would be laughed out of north London.

So, back to the point, massive respect tonight to Jason Jarrett. I already liked you as I feel you're different class to any other midfielder at the club, but as I was sat there cheering on the Hatters and (for the only time EVER) willing Michel to fail you grew tenfold in my estimation with that miss. JJ, you've saved our season and our integrity, our self respect and possibly our league one status. I salute you, sir:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Reading this reminds me why I can't wait for Falmer to be finished so we can attract a whole new breed of fans.

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
I do actually dislike that phrase, but in our case I really believe it's true. I am convinced that had we won the shoot-out tonight ALL the talk, ALL the attention, ALL the players' priorities would have been on Wembley. And that would have been a f***ing DISASTER in a period where we have to play Northampton, Crewe, and Orient. As I said, I'll take an undeserved draw in just one of those matches in exchange for Wembley.
Your talking shit, im sure losing tonight in the manner we did will help the players going into the up and coming games. like you said you would have been at wembley IF we had got there so your argument is as pathetic as you are, please tell me why a decnt fan would want the club to lose out on good opertunity?

Oct 25, 2003
The "scum" comment was aimed at the overpaid, pampered individuals whose lazy attitude and limited skills will, I sadly believe, cost a legendary manager his job tomorrow. I have read much worse aimed at our manager in recent weeks, yet noone stops to consider that just maybe the players aren't doing what they're paid to do. I actually think we've got quite a few quality players in our squad, and next season I'd like nothing more than to see them walk out at Wembley (in the play-offs), but some of them do not deserve the glory of that after the shit they've served up this season.

i agree with this to an extent

why do a group of players who have won, what, SIX games? this season deserve to play at the HOME of football?

winning against league two sides on penalties- COR! yeah, really heroic that, really GREAT cup run

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The "scum" comment was aimed at the overpaid, pampered individuals whose lazy attitude and limited skills will, I sadly believe, cost a legendary manager his job tomorrow. I have read much worse aimed at our manager in recent weeks, yet noone stops to consider that just maybe the players aren't doing what they're paid to do. I actually think we've got quite a few quality players in our squad, and next season I'd like nothing more than to see them walk out at Wembley (in the play-offs), but some of them do not deserve the glory of that after the shit they've served up this season.

He we go again, attempting to divert attention from your own actions by highlighting the actions of others.

Where did you learn that - The Jeremy Kyle Show ?

"Yeah, but no, but, yeah but no......"

I'm sure anyone is suggesting the players aren't at fault (I certainly havent), but what I object to is you calling individuals "scum".

Scum ? are you sure... surely there's another word in your vocabulary ? Perhaps not.

You've done it time and time again and have been banned for it.

Well you grabbed "my attention" and I suspect that's the root of the problem.

Cue backtracking and "well I agree scum is probably too strong a word, but what I was trying to say..blah blag f*cking blah"

We used to be taught to look both ways before crossing the road, I suggest you look both ways before opening your mouth.

Last edited:

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
How predictable. What else could Adams have done tonight to please you then? Bar consulting you prior to kick off I suspect nothing. As for Kuipers, he didn't cost us the goal, Virgo did, and I'd like to know Luton penalty you think he should have saved.

Any of them would have been nice :)

but I agree it was Virgos fault for the goal - hmm lets try Mayo centre defence :)

Have you ever considered that it is the manager and the coaches who are at fault for how badly our players our playing?
Please put your rose tinted spectacles in the bin and realise this is not the old Mickey we know and love, he has lost it as a football manager, it is time for us to move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here