Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Wright from MK Dons

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
There was an article on the BBC sport site saying about MK Dons releasing 6 players after their play-off semi final defeat, and Wright wasnt one of them. It says that at this point Wright was still in contract talks.... I assume this means he must have turned down their contract offer???

But looks a very good signing for us. He has played regularly for MK Dons over the past two seasons, and in the play-offs this season. I seem to remember him whipping in a few decent crosses against us this season.....

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

he chose us over them, thats a hell of a coup, ok we've got a new stadium on the way and a rich chairman but MK Dons already have that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Good signing sort of player with experience we need.

Also encouraging that we are attracting that type of player who could have taken a contract with a side who just missed out on promotion last season.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I thought both the wide men who played at Withers for Franchise last season looked like decent players, very lively. If he's one of those two, and I think he is, I'm really pleased with the signing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He sounds QUALLA

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
he chose us over them, thats a hell of a coup, ok we've got a new stadium on the way and a rich chairman but MK Dons already have that.

that bbc link only says he was in talks over a contract, was he actually offered terms ?

Looks a decent enough addition but lets not hype too much.

Now for the next 6

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Bit like getting a Xmas present - you know you should be grateful but you don't quite know what it is, after some research it looks like a solid intelligent addition but still waiting to unwrap the 10 gear racer

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
that bbc link only says he was in talks over a contract, was he actually offered terms ?

Looks a decent enough addition but lets not hype too much.

Now for the next 6

well they released Gerba etc who's contracts expired going off the premise he would of been as he was discussing a new contract, this may not be a big name but im sure a few league 1 clubs will have their head turned by this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Weird goal stats. The guy's scored 2-5 goals every season apart from his first at MK Dons 2 years ago when he got 13 in 29 league starts, although that was in League 2.

If we get that form from him it will be a brilliant signing.

Overall, to have started two-thirds of MK Dons matches last season when they were doing well suggests he's decent enough so, overall, it doesn't look like a bad first signing for us.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
I seem to remember that when they were attacking the end with the away support at the moo camp that we were having lots of problems with their moves down the right wing. Hoping it was down to this guy 'cos I seem to remember thinking they have a very useful black player as they tore whoever was our left back that day to shreads.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
"He is a genuine right-winger and will give us creativity and plenty of pace. Those are some of the things I wanted to address for the new season."

Loving this quote from Mr. Slade.

:thumbsup:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
yes but no-one has answered the real question yet..is he any good on Football Manager 2009?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His name will no doubt generate lots of "Markie Wright-Wright-Wright!" chants, synonymous with 2 of the biggest ***** in football.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I seem to remember that when they were attacking the end with the away support at the moo camp that we were having lots of problems with their moves down the right wing. Hoping it was down to this guy 'cos I seem to remember thinking they have a very useful black player as they tore whoever was our left back that day to shreads.

Wasn't it El-Abd? Remember him standing off every single time someone ran at him that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here