Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Speight found dead

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
he played with drugs, he must have known the consequences,
Therefore I have no feelings for him or any other drug users..

And dont give me any rubbish about he was an icon or he was addicted he did not know etc etc... no feelings....dont care

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It is tragic, if you put yourself (fictionally) in the situation that the deceased must have been in.

However, there are deaths every day of people we do not know one iota about. Some are much worse, that the victims didn't bring upon themselves, and sometimes financed by our tax money....or somerone's drug money.

Incidentally, buying COCAINE finances deaths of innocents, and of lawmakers too.

I'd like to end with some poignant fable or saying about paying pipers or whatever, but it's deeper than that, and requires the thought that cocaine customers usually prefer to overlook.
So, think about it, and tell a friend - don't mess with illegal drugs, someone nasty and unscrupulous always profits, and someone else always suffers.

The coke trade finances contras and mafioso in Central and S.America, the opium and heroin trade something that's being fought against in Afghanistan.

That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the Labour government

(or tory, or liberal)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't make a habit of following this celebrity crap, but from what I've heard he caused his girlfriend's death as a result of them consuming copious amounts of drugs and alcohol.

Seems he finally woke up to the fact that maybe that hadn't been such a good idea after all and decided he was just maybe to blame. Too bloody right. Personally I suggest the world is probably better off without him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Many creative people either have or do use drugs. I have never wanted them to teach my children any lessons by dieing.

Whatever happened to the creators of Vision On.

plastercine men............... those people must have been on something.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't make a habit of following this celebrity crap, but from what I've heard he caused his girlfriend's death as a result of them consuming copious amounts of drugs and alcohol.

Seems he finally woke up to the fact that maybe that hadn't been such a good idea after all and decided he was just maybe to blame. Too bloody right. Personally I suggest the world is probably better off without him.

You are quite clear of all the facts to post that the world is better off without him are you ?. They were both adults and I doubt he force fed her alcohol and drugs and the fact her parents blamed him in no way and he was living with them siggests your statement is way off the mark and shows no compassion towards someone going through hell, self inflicted or otherwise.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You are quite clear of all the facts to post that the world is better off without him are you ?. They were both adults and I doubt he force fed her alcohol and drugs and the fact her parents blamed him in no way and he was living with them siggests your statement is way off the mark and shows no compassion towards someone going through hell, self inflicted or otherwise.

If he had half a brain he would have been aware of the dangers of drugs.

I have no compassion for him. He was an adult; he knew what he was doing. He was also quite clearly an idiot.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He hanged himself 6 days ago and the body was only just discovered. Still he brought it on himself didn't he, sod him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know lots of people die NMH but this thread is about Mark Speight. The fact he was going through a living hell and hung himself on his own in a dark and dingy corner of Paddington station bereft of grief and pain to me deserves some compassion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
no need.

these sort of posts are starting to annoy me a little, for the younger NSCers he was face on tv for many years, in a capacity that encouraged creativity and expression.

in my opinion, flippant comments have no place.

i'm going to bed now.

Also no need to kill your girlfriend with coke, booze and pills, then start to feel sorry for yourself as this clown did.

The fact that he probably didn't intend to do it is irrelevant, his actions had consequences.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How exactly did HE kill her. Did he force feed her. Do you assume he introduced her to drugs, maybe she took drugs before she met him, maybe the drugs used where brought by her, do you know ALL the facts of the evening. Where you there ?.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
If he had half a brain he would have been aware of the dangers of drugs.

I have no compassion for him. He was an adult; he knew what he was doing. He was also quite clearly an idiot.

So you've never had a drink then? What a load of puritanical crap. I hope you never lose anyone you love through drugs or drink because you'll realise how harsh you sound and how easy it is to spout off about something you know f*** all about. Prat.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think there are far too many sweeping assumptions and that it was ALL Mark Speight's fault.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Also no need to kill your girlfriend with coke, booze and pills, then start to feel sorry for yourself as this clown did.

The fact that he probably didn't intend to do it is irrelevant, his actions had consequences.

He didn't kill her, she was responsible for her own actions. He did contribute to her death and paid a very heavy price for it. I think in one sense it is good as a wake up call to people about the dangers of casual drug use, but I still feel very sorry for the guy. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people in this country who regularly use cocaine recreationally and probably plenty of people you know and like. There but for the grace of God etc..

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Christ on a bike some of you are unbelievable. So none of you have ever made a mistake?, never got pissed up and taken a silly risk? never jeopordised your own or someone elses safety, by being intoxicated and irresponsible? never?
This bloke made a mistake, a mistake that cost him his life partner, his career and ultimately his mental health and his life.

You judgemental, sanctimonious hypocrites.

Let the bloke rest in peace eh?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Christ on a bike some of you are unbelievable. So none of you have ever made a mistake?, never got pissed up and taken a silly risk? never jeopordised your own or someone elses safety, by being intoxicated and irresponsible? never?
This bloke made a mistake, a mistake that cost him his life partner, his career and ultimately his mental health and his life.

You judgemental, sanctimonious hypocrites.

Let the bloke rest in peace eh?

:clap:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
During moments of extreme grief and guilt, families should have the power to have their loved ones detained somewhere until they get better.

I think we all saw this coming.

Interesting point. Can, under the Mental Health Act, people be sectioned for their own safety in situations like this?

Anyone know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here