Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Speight found dead

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Still can't take away the feeling of that defeat against Vale though

Quite. Still feel like shouting 'CUNTZ!' in the general direction of the players for that one. Dunno, maybe I got Tourettes or somehing. Cos that game also makes me feel like shouting 'USELESS WANKERS - PLAY-OFFS WERE THERE FOR THE TAKING!'.

My fault I'm sure :down:

All this pathos about a coke fiend is perhaps missing a valuable point that karma doesn't.

Since he was a kid-show presenter, it turns out his final acts were an early lesson for children and young and old - actually people in general.
Don't do coke, don't end up stupid, or stupid and dead.

Yes yes, I know he was a human being and RIP and everything, but it might be worth considering after a minute or two of silence for him (and her).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
All this pathos about a coke fiend is perhaps missing a valuable point that karma doesn't.

Since he was a kid-show presenter, it turns out his final acts were an early lesson for children and young and old - actually people in general.
Don't do coke, don't end up stupid, or stupid and dead.

Couldn,t agree more....his dying in abject misery, is at last , something useful that he has done.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's fame for you.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Police suspect he had an Art attack

Ouch. Wrong guy, but still...ouch :lolol:

Hmmm, this has the makings of an entirely new (and rather distasteful) thread, titled Ironic Celebrity Deaths

Neil Buchanan: Art Attack

Tony Hart...er...Irregular Hartbeat

Jeremy Clarkson- motor neurone disease...

etc

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh dear.

I don't want to come across as pompous but NSC always reaches the depth's when someone has tragically died for some reason. How can people post jokes, I just don't get it. Their maker must have forgotten to put in their Humanity chip.

Anway don't let me get in the way carry on I am sure there quite a few jokes to be had yet.

Oh dear.

I don't want to come across as pompous but NSC always reaches the depth's when someone has tragically died for some reason. How can people post jokes, I just don't get it. Their maker must have forgotten to put in their Humanity chip.

Anway don't let me get in the way carry on I am sure there quite a few jokes to be had yet.

It is tragic, if you put yourself (fictionally) in the situation that the deceased must have been in.

However, there are deaths every day of people we do not know one iota about. Some are much worse, that the victims didn't bring upon themselves, and sometimes financed by our tax money....or somerone's drug money.

Incidentally, buying COCAINE finances deaths of innocents, and of lawmakers too.

I'd like to end with some poignant fable or saying about paying pipers or whatever, but it's deeper than that, and requires the thought that cocaine customers usually prefer to overlook.
So, think about it, and tell a friend - don't mess with illegal drugs, someone nasty and unscrupulous always profits, and someone else always suffers.

The coke trade finances contras and mafioso in Central and S.America, the opium and heroin trade something that's being fought against in Afghanistan.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Very sad end, I met Kirsten O'Brien at the Fringe Festival last year and she spoke very highly of Mark and Natasha Collins. In her show at the Fringe she told some some funny stories about the Smart show and the time she spent presenting it with Mark.

RIP.

No, because Smart stopped YEARS ago:jester:

Er its still on now presented by Kirsten O'Brien and Mike Fischetti. Mark Speight only left the show after the death of his girlfriend.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Speaking on behalf of Mr Speight's agent, Billy Marsh Associates, Jan Kennedy said the discovery of the body at Paddington had left the company "absolutely devastated".

"Caring and compassionate in everything he did, Mark was truly gifted in life and we are proud to have represented him as a friend and client for almost 20 years," she added.

"He was blessed with a remarkable personality, great artistic talents and the wonderful warm ability to communicate those skills with people, especially children of all ages.

"With his sensitivity of spirit, coupled with his dynamic presence and natural enthusiasm, he was loved and respected by his adoring family, friends and colleagues everywhere in the media," Ms Kennedy said.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Died of a broken heart it would appear.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Sorry end to a messy affair. Shame, he encouraged my kids to get the pens out and 'have a go' so cheers Mark.:whisky:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Still can't take away the feeling of that defeat against Vale though

no need.

these sort of posts are starting to annoy me a little, for the younger NSCers he was face on tv for many years, in a capacity that encouraged creativity and expression.

in my opinion, flippant comments have no place.

i'm going to bed now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here