Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark my words. Craig Davies is going to be a SUPERSTAR this year

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Hmm..Once again I disagree. He wasn't awful. True his finishing was off but considering the pressure he was under, the fact that he was booed mercilessly by some right noisy idiots and despite all that was a key member of a squad that did one of the greatest escape acts of Albion's recent history suggests (to me anyway) otherwise.

Lets not get into a debate about whether booing our players is just or not because that's not what I'm saying here. I am saying he was awful in his primary role as a striker in a lot of games, and yes that was probably due to a lack of confidence not helped by booing. But I saw plenty of 1 on 1's in the last quarter of the season which he continually missed when scoring seemed easier and the crowd was screaming encouragement. That is why he got flak. And therefore the booing etc, in the near circumstances, wasn't entirely unfair. I remain convinced that large sections of the Albion support do not start giving our players collective stick without some justification. And that was we were seemingly relegated and missing clear cut chances to win games

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I tend to agree........think hes got masive potential and with a bit of confidence and ppl staying off hes back could easily become the star of this season!!!!

If any manager was gonna get the best out of him its RS, but with a lowsy goal scoring record of 141 league apps 24 goals which is 1 in 5.8 RS has got a job on his hands.

Lets not get into a debate about whether booing our players is just or not because that's not what I'm saying here. ....

.... I remain convinced that large sections of the Albion support do not start giving our players collective stick without some justification. And that was we were seemingly relegated and missing clear cut chances to win games

Make your mind up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In what way was he 'awful'. His all round contribution seemed to be fine - after all, to get into all those 'one-on-one' positions, he had to be doing something right. Granted, his finishing was not the best, because he tended to take his shots early - possibly not helped by a slight anxiety in front of goal, exacerbated by certain supporters telling him he was 'awful' in slightly less polite terms.

From what I saw, most of his 'misses' were actually shots on target that got blocked - not the type of hapless effort ballooned over the bar that we got used to with the likes of Jake (and yet some still seemed to think he was the new Michael Owen).

Cut the bloke some slack and, with a bit of luck, his pace will be very useful to us. I really do wish people that have the knives out before the season's even started would just not bother going...

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
I think his allround play was pretty good and he certainly chased everything last season.
Unfortunately he missed a few sitters when we really really needed them to go in and thats why fans got on his back. I expect him to be a different player this season now that he has had time to settle and theres no real pressure...yet.
Will get a goal every 3 games he starts this season IMHO.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
In what way was he 'awful'. His all round contribution seemed to be fine - after all, to get into all those 'one-on-one' positions, he had to be doing something right. Granted, his finishing was not the best, because he tended to take his shots early - possibly not helped by a slight anxiety in front of goal, exacerbated by certain supporters telling him he was 'awful' in slightly less polite terms.

From what I saw, most of his 'misses' were actually shots on target that got blocked - not the type of hapless effort ballooned over the bar that we got used to with the likes of Jake (and yet some still seemed to think he was the new Michael Owen).

Cut the bloke some slack and, with a bit of luck, his pace will be very useful to us. I really do wish people that have the knives out before the season's even started would just not bother going...

You answer your first sentance question in your 3rd. As for saves rather than misses, nope, sorry, a number were misses if you count the keeper didn;t touch the ball as a miss. And as for inferring I'm some boo-boy and wishing I'd cut him some slack, stop reading what you want to hear and go back and read my first post on this matter. The bit about "new season...." E.G. I'm in agreement. So stop spoiling for a fight. Look, he wasn't very goodl (awful, poor, not at his best etc how many bloody expressions of the same point do you want) last season which is why he got booed (booing is an expression of frustration) And he was frustrating last season. So it wasn't unexpected. So Buzzer's a bit unfair lauding over the boo boys because last season, those who booed him had some grounds for doing so if that's how they express frustration (others just walk away etc and don't come back) and I can understand that. That's all.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What - the bit after you said "let's not get into a debate" and then proceeded to debate it? Yes, yes I did miss it, didn't I?

Yes you did, pleased you've admitted your mistake. Now move along, there's a good fellow.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I think his allround play was pretty good and he certainly chased everything last season.
Unfortunately he missed a few sitters when we really really needed them to go in and thats why fans got on his back. I expect him to be a different player this season now that he has had time to settle and theres no real pressure...yet.
Will get a goal every 3 games he starts this season IMHO.

Lets hope so, but he faces stiff competion. Especially if Murry doesn't find a club.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He played well at Hereford when he was given some support from the crowd - obviously this is too much to expect from the moaning cunts at Withdean.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He could be our star but there is one fatal flaw in that argument.

HE IS COMPLETE AND UTTER SHIT HOUSE.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
He's scored ONE goal against Havant.

Just saying, I hope he has a GREAT season, but it's a pre-season goal against a tinpot club

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whilst it goes without saying we'd love to see him score a hatful of goals, you can't start a thread saying the boo-boys will eat their words because they were right last season. He was awful. Plain and simple. And the difference between Nogan and him apart from anything else was Kurt scored a hateful of goals for the Albion before a loss of form. Not after!

New season, everyone gets a fresh start. But you the boo-boys weren't exactly unfair last season.

That is the correct answer. Davies costs us about 12 points whilst he played last season and if we had gone down Davies would have been hugely to blame. The fact we stayed up was nothing to do with Davies as Slade had the sense to leave him on the bench where he could do no damage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here