Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark my words. Craig Davies is going to be a SUPERSTAR this year

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Says the person who thought Slade was a rubbish manager when he first joined. I think Davies should count it as a blessing that you think he is shit judging by your judgement of everything else.

I stand by the fact Slade's record was shit to start with played 7 won 1 drawn 1 lost 5.

Davies is f***ing rubbish, end of.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How many goals do you reckon he'll score next season?

2 more by luck than judgement. I seriously would not play him though. I would transfer PDQ so he cannot miss a hatful of open goals this season which he is sure to do.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I stand by the fact Slade's record was shit to start with played 7 won 1 drawn 1 lost 5.

Davies is f***ing rubbish, end of.

Do you get some sort of joy out of slagging off players? Does it someone define you as a person? Why not wait and see? He obviously has ability and did well at Stockport last season so why not give him another chance rather than seemingly enjoying slagging him off. I believe he is a confidence player and a goal last year during his bad spell would have changed his season.

Also, how did he cost us 12 points. He missed a one on one against Northampton and that would have won us 2 points, his sitter at MK was at 2-0 down so probably would not have gained us anything but even accepting that as a point we could have got I cannot think of any more.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I saw him miss at least 5 open goals. I do not agree he has ability. Confidence player is a cop out, either you have it or you don't , its an excuse. I don't enjoy slagging him off but Slade has seen he is rubbish and I expect him to off loaded very soon.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
2 more by luck than judgement. I seriously would not play him though. I would transfer PDQ so he cannot miss a hatful of open goals this season which he is sure to do.

Would you be interested in a little wager?
A score says he scores more than 2 goals next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What all the detractors are missing is the fact that he got into positions to make loads of misses. Most of our strikers apart from Zamora over the last decade have struggled to een make a chance. The guy will be quality imo, missing the chances is much bette than not even making them imo, he will come good.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What all the detractors are missing is the fact that he got into positions to make loads of misses. Most of our strikers apart from Zamora over the last decade have struggled to een make a chance. The guy will be quality imo, missing the chances is much bette than not even making them imo, he will come good.

Ow please, don't go down that avenue cause it's a rubbish argument. Mark Farringdon used to 'get into good positions' too. And Richard Tiltman. And Richard Barker who in my mind only got 20 games before he eventually scored because we literally had no one else. If that's all you judge a player, and striker more's to the point, then thousands of equally fit people could claim to be professional footballers.....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I say wait until December, I personally think the boo boys will be eating their words.

To write him off now if just plain stupid he had a poor end to the season but some work on the training pitch and more confidence will see a different player

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ow please, don't go down that avenue cause it's a rubbish argument. Mark Farringdon used to 'get into good positions' too. And Richard Tiltman. And Richard Barker who in my mind only got 20 games before he eventually scored because we literally had no one else. If that's all you judge a player, and striker more's to the point, then thousands of equally fit people could claim to be professional footballers.....

With the team we had for most of last season getting into goalscoring positions was pretty impressive imo and Davies did it loads of times in virtually every game he played. We'll see how Davies does this season, you may think it's a rubbish argument but I think yours is as well. I don't recall Tiltman missing many as he was totally f***ing clueless and playing about 4 divisions above his abilities, Farrington was not as bad as some would have you believe and Barker turned into a cult hero.

Maybe you can't tell the difference between an out of form striker and a shit one???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The most depressing thing about this debate is that there will be some fans who do want Davies because it is more important to them to be 'right' in their assessment about him than the Albion succeeding.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Seeing him run his socks off at Hereford last year days after getting a load of unwarranted abuse from Brighton fans made me love him.

In fact, chants of 'One Craig Davies' from then on were pretty much the highlight of my season. He clearly loved them as well.

The man will have a better season than Dickinson. I BET.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
With the team we had for most of last season getting into goalscoring positions was pretty impressive imo and Davies did it loads of times in virtually every game he played. We'll see how Davies does this season, you may think it's a rubbish argument but I think yours is as well. I don't recall Tiltman missing many as he was totally f***ing clueless and playing about 4 divisions above his abilities, Farrington was not as bad as some would have you believe and Barker turned into a cult hero.

Maybe you can't tell the difference between an out of form striker and a shit one???

But we're talking PAST tense, not future!! And he wasn't very good last season. You can have bad seasons you know. And be able to call them as such.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Realistically then, Portlock, what would be a good season for Davies? What would you expect of him for you to change your opinion?

Genuine question for any of the doubters.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Wonder Whether Slade Is Thinking Of Playing Davies At Centre Half? He's Certainly A Bustler And Therefore Good In The Air And Almost Certainly A Better Player Than Lynch, Although I Wouldn't Mind Lynch Moving To Left Back To Accomodate Davies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here