• I'm Off To Paint My FENCE

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lots of strange decisions today, from starting line up through to tactics and substitutions, BUT I still think he can turn it around. Buying a striker of proven quality is critical. If he fails to do that, then we're doomed.:(

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Give it till the end of February then we will have a better idea as to whether he should go or not.

As for now.....McGHEE IN!!!!

Magoo IN 37 45.68%
Magoo OUT 28 34.57%
Undecided 15 18.52%
I'm Off To Paint My FENCE 1 1.23%
Total: 81 votes 100%

McGHEE IN!!!!! :clap2: :clap2:

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
lander14 said:
Come on for f**k sake why don't you all jus support McGhee then we can all get behind the whole team and we might get some results?

Ever though of that?

McGhee IN!

Quite simply, because, when we do get behind the team, especially away from home, examples being away at Reading, Southampton, Luton, McGhee sticks his head even further up his arse and picks stupid teams / says we're not focussing on this game and looking towards the cup game at home. Fat lot of good that did today. Any manager who, with his team flirting with relegation, publicly states that he's not concentrating on the league match, instead looking towards the cup, should be ashamed of himself and must be trying to invite the sack.

I'm fed up with all this 'McGhee's doing all he can with the resources' bullshit. If he was, he'd coach some direction into the team, engender team spirit, and also coach some ability along the way.

He was a half-decent forward in his time, and yet it seems he's passed on none of his experience and judgement to the forward players - i'm quite sure the front players we have (McCammon apart - i'm struggling to think of a worse player to regularly feature for the Albion in the 18 years i've been watching) could actually score a fair few goals, but for a little forward coaching and direction. This is currently missing.

Furthermore, it's probably no surprise that our front players aren't scoring, since they rarely ever get a good run in the team to build confidence and experience. McGhee himself has no clue who his best two strikers are, and so how can we expect any two of 7 (CKR, Knight - now departed, Turienzo, Hart, Robinson, McPhee, McCammon) to form a partnership and understanding when there's no consistency.

I'm still frothing at the mouth in anger, and frankly awe, at the man's stupidity at Reading - giving a debut to Elphick.....(a) away from home (b) to a team top of the league (c) in a new formation that hadn't been played this season (d) playing in a position as one of three right-backs (TWO of which in the same right-back slot - what the f***?!).

McGhee is tactically inept, comes up with baffling squad selections (seriously, does he have a bingo machine at home and use it to pick his starting XI? Is the number 15 ball rigged?) / formations, never has a plan B, still hasn't worked out how to make a decent / timely substitution, and seems happy to drift along in a euphoric sense of apathetic inertia. Incredible. The team have no direction and he can't seem to inspire or motivate them - qualities that every previous manager we've had at Withdean (Hinsh apart) - so no excuses for lack of funds, small crowds, difficult environment - has had in abundance. Time to go.

Positives from today:

1 - it was free. Even so, I feel short-changed.
2 - it wasn't a league match.
3 - in parts, we showed we can play decent football - which means that (a) we are capable, and (b) that the next manager will be able to get a lot more out of the players and play decent footie more consistently.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
How about we try to get behind the team!?!? and stop critising every player, tactic, member of staff and support the team. let's face it, who ast the start of the season expected to win alot of games?

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
McGhee has given us are highest finish whilst we have been at the Withdean. Tbh even if we do go down I will still be in the McGhee in camp. Where do people honestly expect us to finish, we have less money than any other club in the league and are less desirable than any other club in the league. If we stay up then Mark McGhee has managed wonders.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Kukev31 said:
McGhee has given us are highest finish whilst we have been at the Withdean. Tbh even if we do go down I will still be in the McGhee in camp. Where do people honestly expect us to finish, we have less money than any other club in the league and are less desirable than any other club in the league. If we stay up then Mark McGhee has managed wonders.

Well said!

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Another point

THE REF! Blame McGhee but the ref was an absolute joke! How can we expect to win with a cheating ref like that!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have taken the Lib Dems stance and am undecided sitting on the fence.

I appreciate the good points about him and the financial conditions under which he is working but I believe that he is acting like a desperate man grabbing at any straws and I am not sure that the board is 100% behind him being the man to give transfer money to to keep us up. I wouldnt be if I was on the board as we have slipped back in our performances as to how we were playing in Sept/Oct and I am not sure whether he can stop the rot or not or whether it is now set in as far as he is concerned.

The board have a very difficult decision to make in the next 48 hours before committing money for transfers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
lander14 said:
Another point

THE REF! Blame McGhee but the ref was an absolute joke! How can we expect to win with a cheating ref like that!
Well, he failed to award The Most Obvious Penalty In The History of the World against Kerry in the first half, which (for me) pretty much excused the remainder of his performance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gotsmanov said:
Quite simply, because, when we do get behind the team, especially away from home, examples being away at Reading, Southampton, Luton, McGhee sticks his head even further up his arse and picks stupid teams / says we're not focussing on this game and looking towards the cup game at home. Fat lot of good that did today. Any manager who, with his team flirting with relegation, publicly states that he's not concentrating on the league match, instead looking towards the cup, should be ashamed of himself and must be trying to invite the sack.

I'm fed up with all this 'McGhee's doing all he can with the resources' bullshit. If he was, he'd coach some direction into the team, engender team spirit, and also coach some ability along the way.

He was a half-decent forward in his time, and yet it seems he's passed on none of his experience and judgement to the forward players - i'm quite sure the front players we have (McCammon apart - i'm struggling to think of a worse player to regularly feature for the Albion in the 18 years i've been watching) could actually score a fair few goals, but for a little forward coaching and direction. This is currently missing.

Furthermore, it's probably no surprise that our front players aren't scoring, since they rarely ever get a good run in the team to build confidence and experience. McGhee himself has no clue who his best two strikers are, and so how can we expect any two of 7 (CKR, Knight - now departed, Turienzo, Hart, Robinson, McPhee, McCammon) to form a partnership and understanding when there's no consistency.

I'm still frothing at the mouth in anger, and frankly awe, at the man's stupidity at Reading - giving a debut to Elphick.....(a) away from home (b) to a team top of the league (c) in a new formation that hadn't been played this season (d) playing in a position as one of three right-backs (TWO of which in the same right-back slot - what the f***?!).

McGhee is tactically inept, comes up with baffling squad selections (seriously, does he have a bingo machine at home and use it to pick his starting XI? Is the number 15 ball rigged?) / formations, never has a plan B, still hasn't worked out how to make a decent / timely substitution, and seems happy to drift along in a euphoric sense of apathetic inertia. Incredible. The team have no direction and he can't seem to inspire or motivate them - qualities that every previous manager we've had at Withdean (Hinsh apart) - so no excuses for lack of funds, small crowds, difficult environment - has had in abundance. Time to go.

Positives from today:

3 - in parts, we showed we can play decent football - which means that (a) we are capable, and (b) that the next manager will be able to get a lot more out of the players and play decent footie more consistently.
Can I just say, that is a top top rant that has clearly been building up with you for a while !! But what it always comes back to (for me) is that:

1. He's got us up, and he'd kept us up, so he's not let us down yet. We might not always agree with his methods, but so far, the ends have justified the means. His track record so far has steered us safe, so I'm still inclined to give him the benefit.

2. Who the hell else is there to come in and do any better ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
The poll is of course changing as more and more people who actually saw the game today log on.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy supporting a squad of players giving their all in adversity :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Dead right

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Gotsmanov said:

Positives from today:

Now that's a rant and a half. Just needed to throw in a xxxx or two. An awful lot of good points as well - I'll never understand how someone who's managed as long as McGhee can be so tactically inept.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Now that's a rant and a half. Just needed to throw in a xxxx or two. An awful lot of good points as well - I'll never understand how someone who's managed as long as McGhee can be so tactically inept.
Round and round in circles we go again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
lander14 said:
Another point

Bollocks, bollocks and more bollocks the ref was fine today.

Infasct he should have given coventry a pen

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The ref was fine.

Kazim-Richards is so FRUSTRATING. The ref warned him on about three occasions not to just jump at players but he carried on and got booked. Then the fans blame the ref.

McGhee has done a lot for us and we all appreciate that but he has taken us as far as he can and should go before he ruins all the good memories and work he has done.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gotsmanov said:

Positives from today:

:clap:

Last edited:

caz

Aug 10, 2005
McGhee OUT. OUT. OUT

Anyone who knows about football could do a better job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here