Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee to RETURN to Withdean

Absolutely f***ing useless, apart from promotion in his first season, the highest finish by the club in the last 18 years and a £3million surplus on transfers, he achieved f*** all.

and don't forget the utterly f***ing useless waste of time that was the trip to Cardiff:bla:

Ronnie

Jan 6, 2009
The Herb Garden
He was at the Brighton Races today with Alan Curbishley and Jimmy Case amongst others helping Jonathon Pierce fund raise for the Lily Foundation

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i am one who will give him a standing ovation, gave us a great day out in cardiff, and shouldnt have been sacked, it was the black players who caused alot of trouble in the squad.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I never really took to him. After coppell (who had us almost coastig to automatic promotion) he seemed a step down, and he never had any charisma in his interviews (not that coppell is particularly exciting an interview, but had McGhee had that perhaps I would have taken to him)

Having said that, I don't hate the guy and never joined in with to calls for him to go.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I never really took to him. After coppell (who had us almost coastig to automatic promotion) he seemed a step down, and he never had any charisma in his interviews (not that coppell is particularly exciting an interview, but had McGhee had that perhaps I would have taken to him)

Having said that, I don't hate the guy and never joined in with to calls for him to go.

Coppell left after 12 games, and we were playing good football too, but shirley that's not the same as coasting to promotion when you are one point ahead of the team in third place with 34 games to go?

Roy Hodgson is DREARY in interviews, but does that make him a bad coach?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Mcghee in his first 1-2 seasons was great, inspired at times putting virgo upfront etc and the play off final was just about as good as it gets for us, wasnt it? Sure he`ll get a good reception and deservedly so.

BUT dont anyone tell me that when he went it was a travesty, it wasnt, it was a relief. We couldnt cross the ball for toffee, he kept playing that Horrenderson in goal when anyone could see he was pants and fell out with too many players for it to be all their fault, we`d won something like 3 games out of our last 16 or 18 when he got the push, i grant you he had no money but wilkins did more than ok on the same budget and with mostly the same players. Great guy, got a lot to thank him for but no genius.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
took a good team up which was the minimum expected and punched above our weight for a season before he lost the plot. Should have gone end of second championship season following the Stoke game. Personally never took to him but did lead us to my personal best day as Brighton fan at the Millennium

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
great manager under conditions imho, royally shafted by players and managment looking for someone to take the blame, but the best memory of him for me was selling virgs to celtic for 1.5 mill, that no one can argue with, the bloke was a bloody magician!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Coppell left after 12 games, and we were playing good football too, but shirley that's not the same as coasting to promotion when you are one point ahead of the team in third place with 34 games to go?

Roy Hodgson is DREARY in interviews, but does that make him a bad coach?

I know this sounds picky, but I did say 'almost coasting' for that reason. I felt, with just twelve games, confident that the team would go up with some ease, even though at the time he left we were not so far ahead.

The dreary in interviews was more about his character. There is the ability as a manager, and then there's the them they present in interviews. I can enjoy a manager who isn't getting a lot of success (or in mcghee's case a comparative lack of feeling of success) if they come across as a nice guy, a fun guy, a passionate guy, etc.

I know it's not exactly well reasoned, perhaps that's why I never called for him to go or got on his case.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Shame it's not at Pittodrie, that'd be a cracking trip.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I never liked him, and thought he made us a boring team to watch.

But he gaves us 2004, which we'll never forget. He did a very good job here, even if he was a bit dull. He deserves applause, and in the mostpart, he'll get that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here