Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee is the best manager we've had for years

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
And I believe that he will show this to be true in the coming season when we surprise a few people and cruise to a lower mid table finish leaving teams like Derby, Gillingham, Rotherham, Crewe and QPR to fight for their Chamionship lives.

The signings he has made and good ones and the side has a much fresher feel to it now. When everyone is fit we have a young, dynamic side capable of winning games. With some loanees to come I can see that we are gonna play some very good football this year and get a few results.

Cheers, Mark. I hope you stick around.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
:clap2: :clap2:

agree 100%, our loan signings will be Key, and getting Rodger and Blackwell fit will also be massive.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We'll see, he's certainly the 1st to plan beyond next month!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Last time we were in this division most of the loanees did us proud (except perhaps Barrett and the keeper whose name I have forgotten). I think McGhee will unearth some good uns!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We are a lot better now then two years ago and we are starting we a decent manager.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
:lolol: :lolol:
I think you have hit the nail on the head.Mcghee seems very well organised and has good contacts in the game,and if we all support him instead of criticising him all the time i think he will do a grand job this year.
Never once heard a Mark Mcghee blue and white army song all last season.Come on Albion get behind him and the players...:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mcghee is a legend, and i cant see him walking out on us. may he be brighton manager for many years to come

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Right on, MAX. McGhee is a DOPE manager and having served him during my time as a cocktail barman, he's a nice guy as well. Some funny stories about what a wanker Alex Ferguson is....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Marshy said:
:clap2: :clap2:

agree 100%, our loan signings will be Key, and getting Rodger and Blackwell fit will also be massive.

bloody hell, i hope not!

16_port.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Life After Bobby said:
bloody hell, i hope not!

16_port.jpg

"KICK IT YOU PUDDING!"

:lolol:

Well said Max, I certainly welcomed his arrival and have since supported him all the way, the singings this summer so far are class and I'm well looking forward to this coming season.

MARK MCGHEES BLUE & WHITE ARMY :clap2:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
i usually find listening to even my favourite footballers/managers dull, but McGhee come across as really ON THE BALL. Intelligent and succinct. I love him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
alan partridge said:
i usually find listening to even my favourite footballers/managers dull, but McGhee come across as really ON THE BALL. Intelligent and succinct. I love him.

so do i

that gruff scottish accent, its just wonderful to hear

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
"MARK MCGHEE, MARK MCGHEE, MARK MCGHEE, MARK MCGHEE, DRINKING PINTS OF WHISKEY MARK MCGHEE, MARK MCGHEE!"

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Not knocking McGhee, but the "best manager we've had for years"?

Better than Adams? :ohmy:

Better than Coppell?

In my opinion, not yet he isn't

The impressive thing about McGhee is just how quickly he has been a success. Adams trod water for a good year and had some very dark days at Withdean before coming good. Coppell for all his fine work failed in his main objective of keeping us up, honourable as that failure was.

If McGhee consolidates this current team in Division 1 despite all the budget contraints and off-pitch distractions, he will certainly rank above those two. Let us see.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Better than Adams? I reckon.

Better than Coppell? No brainer.

I have said this so many times, the Coppell one is odd. I think he was probably better than Adams, simply because he had to work with shite, Adams essentially had a clean canvas. However views are always clouded on Coppell as he left / walked out / was not encouraged to stay. At the end of the day from being several points clear at the bottom, he turned things round and took us into the last day with a chance of survival. When he departed we were 4 points clear at the top with a game in hand, at the end of the regular season where were we? Also he had a habit of signing players that sloted straight into his team, I am yet to see that with McGhee with the exception of Iwelumo.

Regarding McGhee, a lot of the football was uninspiring last season, in what was a poor league, but he got the job done and got us up, so credit there. Some of his signing certainly look promising and signing youngster a long deals could well be of beneift to us, however a bit of experience ala Blackwell and Rodger would be good. His contuning picking of Oatway is a worry and a replacment for Butters would have been a good idea. So we shall see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Not knocking McGhee, but the "best manager we've had for years"?

Better than Adams? :ohmy:

Better than Coppell?

In my opinion, not yet he isn't

Certainly better than Coppell, Both had to gain results, heavily against the odds in the last three games to pull it off. McGhee managed it Coppell didn't.

After all you are judged on results. One took us up, luckily. the other took us down, possibly unluckily. The record book shows McGhee to be the better manager, for the Albion.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here