Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee is the best manager we've had for years

Yoda

English & European
chips and gravy said:
(except perhaps Barrett and the keeper whose name I have forgotten). I think McGhee will unearth some good uns!

You mean Andy F:censored:king Petterson? Who I would put at fault for quite a few of the goals we conceded in that run. :angry:

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
chips and gravy said:
Last time we were in this division most of the loanees did us proud (except perhaps Barrett and the keeper whose name I have forgotten). I think McGhee will unearth some good uns!

Well....there was Ben Roberts for a month...but surely you don't mean him? That one handed full length save away at Bradford was one of the best ever. Apart from him we only had Beasant at the end of the season.
I don't remember another loan keeper. We had Royce from Leicester the year before when we won div 2, he was rubbish.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My views are most definitely clouded by Coppel walking out, especially after stalling on a contract for ages while on holiday getting friendly with Bangkok chick boys and then pissing off for better things somewhere else.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
oldham gull said:
Well....there was Ben Roberts for a month...but surely you don't mean him? That one handed full length save away at Bradford was one of the best ever. Apart from him we only had Beasant at the end of the season.
I don't remember another loan keeper. We had Royce from Leicester the year before when we won div 2, he was rubbish.

No, it was Mr Petterson. He was CRAP :censored:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
chips and gravy said:
Last time we were in this division most of the loanees did us proud (except perhaps Barrett and the keeper whose name I have forgotten). I think McGhee will unearth some good uns!

The keeper was Roberts wasn't it?

Mark McGhee will need our support on Saturday because both the Reading fans will be given him stick.

"Mark McGhee's Blue and White Army" MUST echo around the Mad Stad!! :clap:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Having had both managers as well I can safely say that they are both damn good and that Coppell and McGhee are not too dissimilar in being top managers.

Except one is a Judas of course ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wilts said:

Except one is a Judas of course ;)

Agreed and he also wears his trousers too high and is as dour as a Northerner can be :lol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oldham gull said:
That one handed full length save away at Bradford was one of the best ever.

that was the greatest save i have seen supporting the albion

petterson was shocking. he started out ok as well, where did it all go wrong. ill never forget when he fell over against gillingham:lolol: :lolol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
MM is clearly the man for the job at the Albion... he has done very well on very limited resources... he is clearly an intelligent man... I expect that he will lead us to survival this season...

To be fair, MA and SC are great managers too...

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Better than Adams? I reckon.

Better than Coppell? No brainer.

Can't agree with your assessment (just yet) of McGhee

Under Adams we won a championship and played, consistantly better, more attractive football than McGhee. If anyone says that watching BHA last season was enjoyable at Withdean (apart from leaving the ground with another 1 or 3 points won) must be mad, the standard of football, game after game, was simply dreadful (with exception of QPR, Plymouth and maybe Sheff Wed)

Coppell got us relegated, I concede. But we played some good stuff under him, had some great results (Forest/Wolves at home for example)

Maybe I'm more of a football purist, but I can't get excited about McGhee and his negative football. Withdean last year was very hard work

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If we survive, I don't care if we play less than attractive footie... we need to hang on in there in readiness for our majestic arrival at Falmer... by any means at our disposal... MM shouldn't be criticised for getting results, IMHO...

Adams left us, and won't be back... get over it...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oldham gull said:
Sorry, I stand corrected, I had managed to blank him from my memory:nono:

probably a good thing. im still having the nightmares

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
b.w.2. said:
If we survive, I don't care if we play less than attractive footie... we need to hang on in there in readiness for our majestic arrival at Falmer... by any means at our disposal... MM shouldn't be criticised for getting results, IMHO...

I agree 100% if we win our home games 1 -0 and darw the away ones 0 -0 I shall be as happy as a pig in s.. t.

Any later news on Rodger and Blackwell?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BensGrandad said:
I agree 100% if we win our home games 1 -0 and darw the away ones 0 -0 I shall be as happy as a pig in s.. t.

Any later news on Rodger and Blackwell?

they were supposed to be resuming training soon, although that seems to have been the case for about 6 months now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here