• Out

Votes: 126 55.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is very easy for the pro McGhee crowd to crow on about being loyal and imply the anti lot are somehow tearing the team spirit apart etc but people are disgruntled for a reason.

If the team was playing well and we were winning games NOBODY would be moaning and saying we should sack the manager.

The shit performances came before the moaning.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Richie Morris said:
It is very easy for the pro McGhee crowd to crow on about being loyal and imply the anti lot are somehow tearing the team spirit apart etc but people are disgruntled for a reason.

If the team was playing well and we were winning games NOBODY would be moaning and saying we should sack the manager.

The shit performances came before the moaning.

I am writing this as someone who believes now that McGhee should go, we should accept relegation and give someone a chance to plan ahead for next year............

..........sorry richie, that's where you're wrong. Many people have been moaning about McGhee based on unrealistic expectations of what we could achieve - probably the same people who were anti Lloyd (you remember him?).

Only now, when we have lost against Millwall, Leicester and now Crewe do people have a real reason to be so anti. Those like you who were on the bandwagon early aren't necessarily visionaries and come the glorious revolution, treacherous fools like you will be dealt with and dispatched to the gulags of peacehaven!

as i've said before, the one certainty is that managers will fail - whinging on about it before they do and then being smug when it happends doesn't make you clever. If you are to ever succeed as a journalist you need to realise that those who start protests when they aren't justified tend to wind up the general public.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Richie Morris said:
Why do I need to realise that and what on EARTH has my thoughts on Mark McGhee got to do with how well I could do a job?

Well for a trainee hack you could say that you're opinionated and not objective. As I've said before a long and illustious career with News International awaits you.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Richie Morris said:
Why do I need to realise that and what on EARTH has my thoughts on Mark McGhee got to do with how well I could do a job?

because journalists when they work on campaigning issues rather than news pieces tend to have their work influenced by their own beliefs and mindset. An ardent vegatrian is unlikely to write a favourable campaign supporting veal exports.

In my view the negativity toward McGhee prior to it being reasoned thought could affect your work if you chose to use similar logic on another campaign.

At the end of the day, that is my opinion (not that it counts for much). The mindless crowing about you being soooooooo right about McGhee for sooooooooo long just winds me up. It therefore causes me to have an irrational dislike to other things you may say - even if they prove to be valid. If I were ever to read a piece in a newspaper that did the same then I would choose to doubt other articles within it.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fair enough.

I am hardly crowing though.

I WISH McGhee had proved me wrong and we were winning games just like I would have loved McCammon to score shit loads and make me look a tit for doubting him.

It is not like I am enjoying us being shit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Do we know how much roughly it would cost to sack him?

We have money to 'pay him off'. Give him some of the money we supposedly bid for Tom Brighton (£100k) or whatever and tell him to f*** off and never darken our door again.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

Lord Bracknell said:
OK, trig. I'll try not to be long winded.

PLAYERS WIN MATCHES. PLAYERS LOSE MATCHES. PERFORMANCE ON THE DAY IS WHAT MATTERS.

OK?

In that case, why bother having a manager? I think they might have a little influence on a team's fortunes.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The tide has turned at last.Over 60% want Mcghee out.London Irish and co it makes me laugh that when you have been coming out on top of these polls you gloat and when you are losing you say the polls dont matter and only a small amount of albion fans post on this board.You say Gradi is a good manger before yesterday he had not won a game for his team in 17.Mcghee had done at Albion what he does at every club he has been at he starts off well,then plays players out of postion then falls out with them.Dick Knight is a very clever man and great at pr once he thinks that most Albion fans want Mcghee out he will sack him.Look at poor old Steve Gritt that man some how kepted us up and yet less than a season later he was sacked.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Silent Bob said:
We clearly can still stay up though, we have a decent squad, we are only 5 points adrift and the other teams are as bad as us. WE can still say up. He just needs to f*** off and give uis a chance.

100% agree, but he needs to go soon otherwise there will be no chance of us staying up.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Silent Bob said:
We clearly can still stay up though, we have a decent squad, we are only 5 points adrift and the other teams are as bad as us. WE can still say up. He just needs to f*** off and give uis a chance.
:clap: :clap: my thoughts exactly

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The assistant manager takes over just like Leicester and Millwall - except that Bob has already had a go back in Oct 2003 and he managed to get us to lose 5games.

Still; answers on a postcard as it is such an easy solution. Sack McGhee and stay up.
HOW?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
The assistant manager takes over just like Leicester and Millwall - except that Bob has already had a go back in Oct 2003 and he managed to get us to lose 5games.

Still; answers on a postcard as it is such an easy solution. Sack McGhee and stay up.
HOW?

But seriously, who could do a worse job?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here