Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee expects to keep his job if we go down

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Finchley Seagull said:
Yes they do

I must of missed it then:D

No hang on,you're right, i remember , there was a time when i said it was hot outside during the heatwave 2004

Well perhaps therein lies a story - that MM is able to, in his infinite experience of football management, blame this club for the lack of ability at his disposal.
He may have 'some' point on his side there, but making something out of a little has been done before. Clough took a team of no-hope carthorses and won European Cups with them.
Okay, so that's the extreme height of an example - but we're not asking for that.

All we want, surely, is to see better football and tactical nouse. If you put my Gran in charge of Brighton, she would be able to point to the same excuses as McGhee, so there's no surprise about how he views his job position.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Sack him, there is no excitement at the club no more and the style of play is unmobile and well out of date.
Mike Newell does it at Luton with nout so do the decent thing McGhee.

RESIGN

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Ah, Gary Megson, the man who with all the wealth of resources Forest has, produced a stuttering midtable League 1 team. Brilliant :clap:
London Irish said:
Dennis Wise. The guy who left Millwall because the board could not give him money to work with. Absolutely IDEAL choice for us :shootself

Mark McGhee, the man hated by all his former clubs and has achieved the grand total of 5 wins this season.

Easy to dismiss anyone with a glib one liner isn't it? :)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
And here's Superfan again looking down on everyone else who doesn't organise their entire social life around the Albion fixture list :wave:

What like you did to me when I said I wasn't renewing my season ticket?
Surely you've not got double standards Paddy :ohmy:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
gerbil said:
What like you did to me when I said I wasn't renewing my season ticket?
Surely you've not got double standards Paddy :ohmy:
I think i'll pull up a chair.............:lolol: :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Errr...so not getting a team into the promised land of the Premiership is equivalent to you of f***ing up in League 1 then? Is there actually a better manager in the entire league of getting teams out of the third tier than McGhee, I don't think there is. How many teams has he done it with now, three?

So its one rule for one manager and another rule for another? If you spend money to get promoted and fail its still failure no matter what league you are in.

and what does the future hold for brighton if they go down and havent got money then?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I agree, he should keep his job as team clown, however a few players have tried very had to look like clowns this season!!:lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Large One said:
Wrong.

Again.

You're very good at that aren't you?
Millwall, Leicester, Reading, Wolves ???

Anyway I feel you missed my point somewhat.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why oh why oh why cant all you Magoo in cretins realise that there ARE other managers out there. Not even the ones we mention.

How many times do I have to say if Magoo went (lets say he gets run over by bus or something so he isnt sacked and he doesnt resign) THERE WILL BE AT LEAST THREE OR FOUR OTHER GENUINE CONTENDERS WHO COULD DO A JOB.

We got Adams, Taylor, Coppell and yes Magoo. So FOR FUCKS SAKE WE WILL EASILY GET ANOTHER MANAGER.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Cretins? :eek:

Other people have different opinions. That doesn't make them cretins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here