Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Duggan "Lawfully Killed" According to Jurors

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If a police officer ever points a gun at me and I try and flee please do not protest my innocence or defend my death.

I wholeheartedly believe that the police do their best to keep us safe and I'm horrified by the abuse and the difficult individuals they encounter who are unhelpful towards officers. We give them a tricky job to do and limit the way they can conduct themselves even after people have broken the law.

I am happy for the police to pursue anybody in the UK who has a firearm and happy for them to use reasonable force to detain individuals and disarm them, if people give themselves up instantly then the required force is different to those who feel the need to run or aim at officers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If a police officer ever points a gun at me and I try and flee please do not protest my innocence or defend my death.

I wholeheartedly believe that the police do their best to keep us safe and I'm horrified by the abuse and the difficult individuals they encounter who are unhelpful towards officers. We give them a tricky job to do and limit the way they can conduct themselves even after people have broken the law.

I am happy for the police to pursue anybody in the UK who has a firearm and happy for them to use reasonable force to detain individuals and disarm them, if people give themselves up instantly then the required force is different to those who feel the need to run or aim at officers.

I would entirely agree if the police followed the rules and didn't treat everyone like criminals. I have been on the receiving end of a couple of police batons for the heinous crime of trying to go and watch a football match. I have also seen a girl get punched in the face by a policeman in full riot gear (minus his number of course) for the hideous crime of getting pushed into him at a peaceful protest.

Trouble with the police is that I don't really trust them to decide what the required force is. Too many vindictive bully boys who treat everyone with contempt on the force for my liking.

I got pulled over into a booze bus stop to be breathalized the other night, I was late to play football and was made to sit their for 7 minutes while they got them selves organized for me to blow into the tube. No apology, no explanation, no manners. In fact when i got out of my car to compain I got yelled at to get back in, when i complained about that I was threatened with arrest.

As an organisation they have a long way to go to improve their PR.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
23lo9yc.jpg

What is the point you are trying to make with this picture?

Are you suggesting you would have liked to see civil unrest as a result of the murder of Lee Rigby?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

Are you suggesting you would have liked to see civil unrest as a result of the murder of Lee Rigby?

To be correct, most wars in the middle east are illegal, so he wasn't a "law abiding" person.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

He couldn't have aimed at officers because he didn't have a gun when he was shot. Police don't shoot people for running away in this country, that's in America. Thankfullly we're more civilised.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He couldn't have aimed at officers because he didn't have a gun when he was shot. Police don't shoot people for running away in this country, that's in America. Thankfullly we're more civilised.

As far as the Police knew, he still had the gun and, according to the taxi driver, he got out and initially tried to run. I believe according to the pathologist his wounds suggested he was shot as he was turning to face V53 who then fired. As far as I can see, the only way this scenario could be deemed unlawful is if the Police saw him throw away the gun and then shot him and there is no evidence to confirm that is the case. Even then, they would have to be satisfied he only had the one gun.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Isn't the point that Lee Rigby represented what is good about a civilised society and Duggan the bad!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

I think he's trying to highlight how we pander to and by extension legitimize certain sections of society, who don't deserve it, I didn't see London explode into violence when the policeman who killed Ian Tomlinson was found not guilty by a jury, despite what many people would class as extremely contradictory evidence being seen by all and sundry on the national news.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think he's trying to highlight how we pander to and by extension legitimize certain sections of society, who don't deserve it, I didn't see London explode into violence when the policeman who killed Ian Tomlinson was found not guilty by a jury, despite what many people would class as extremely contradictory evidence being seen by all and sundry on the national news.

I don't know. Is that the point? That is your inference yes.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

Well said!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Isn't the point that Lee Rigby represented what is good about a civilised society and Duggan the bad!

Rigby is a protector and spreader of corporate controlled capitalism, Duggan's lifestyle is one of the symptoms.

One is not good or bad, they both just 'are.'

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rigby is a protector and spreader of corporate controlled capitalism

Do think that was the job description on the application form. Perhaps he just wanted to see the world and play his drum.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
This is a bit of topic but am In London on Thursday and wondered if anyone knows if you can visit the old Bailey to watch a trail. If so how does on find out what good trials to watch? Anyone know?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can watch a trial at any court but I think you have to get there early. Best enquire before hand at the court.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here