Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Duggan "Lawfully Killed" According to Jurors

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry, you'll have to help me with this bit-I've read it and re-read it numerous times and still cannot make sense of it.

I think if you read his last few posts Mr Fish has (cough) had a couple.

we have all been there:clap:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry, you'll have to help me with this bit-I've read it and re-read it numerous times and still cannot make sense of it.

Apologies, trying to do too many things at once and using a new phone, not drinking Pasta as it is only early afternoon and I have a 9 year old birthday sleep over to police tonight :)

What I was attempting to say was that i hope the courts put less emphasis on Duggan being a wrong un and more emphasis on police following procedure. Unlike some on NSC. I don't think it should matter if he was a wrong un or not, it should be about the police following procedure or not. I do agree though that if he had not chosen such a path in life then he would not have met his end in that way. However I don't believe that because he chose that path in life he deserved to die.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The jury were offered possible verdicts of lawful killing, an open verdict, or unlawful killing.

They voted 8-2 for lawful killing, not "not unlawful". If they weren't sure but hadn't wanted to go for unlawful killing, they could have gone for the open verdict. The majority of them didn't.

I know no more of this case than you do, by the way, but you should be aware of that.

Thank you and I stand corrected - radio 5 for yer!!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
This is a typical problem reaction solution gig.

Police will now wear video facial recognition devices on their heads, and the people will welcome it and rejoice.

1984 and brave new world are coming true.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So is shooting people.

You seem to have missed an important point in this whole debate - A jury has decided it was a lawful killing - In this case, shooting a person has been deemed legal, by the British judicial system.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You seem to have missed an important point in this whole debate - A jury has decided it was a lawful killing - In this case, shooting a person has been dem
emed legal, by the British judicial system.

Thanks for putting me right, that would have been a glaring thing to miss.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Anyone seen or know the jury members? probably selected from police / government think tanks in this case.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Or an innocent person got hurt or their business ruined in the following riots.

Oh come on those riots were a pathetic excuse for even more pathetic people to rob and vandalise. Did the shop owners shoot the bloke? No! People rioted because they cant be arsed to work to pay for things and wanted to fight the police, using the shooting as an excuse to do so. Anyone involved in the rioting is a disgrace to the country and the decent hard working people living in it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh come on those riots were a pathetic excuse for even more pathetic people to rob and vandalise. Did the shop owners shoot the bloke? No! People rioted because they cant be arsed to work to pay for things and wanted to fight the police, using the shooting as an excuse to do so. Anyone involved in the rioting is a disgrace to the country and the decent hard working people living in it.

Got to agree to a large extent. Interesting there's no riots now. Is it because it's too cold? Or have they all thought "thank god his aunt has asked us to stay calm, now we can all stay inside on the xbox." I'm being flippant, but I really saw the riots as a symptom of disaffected and disconnected Britain and nothing to do with the shooting of that criminal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is a typical problem reaction solution gig.

Police will now wear video facial recognition devices on their heads, and the people will welcome it and rejoice.

thats genious. :lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Got to agree to a large extent. Interesting there's no riots now. Is it because it's too cold? Or have they all thought "thank god his aunt has asked us to stay calm, now we can all stay inside on the xbox." I'm being flippant, but I really saw the riots as a symptom of disaffected and disconnected Britain and nothing to do with the shooting of that criminal.

23lo9yc.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here