Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March for the flag. Unexpectedly early report.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I don't recall making any insults about them. Last time I heard, being a patriot is a compliment. I consider myself a patriot and we are told that they attended the march in this light.

Speak you mind Hans!

There is nothing wrong with being a patriot, however I think we all know what these people are really all about. Nibble's word is final imo.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, I do agree with him on certain things. This march however, i don't know enough about to lean either way so am impartial.

That said the people that have posted on this thread are totally against what Das Reich posts and due to that may have a slightly less impartial view so until as you say, evidence is produced regarding the attendees maybe we should hold fire on the insults about them.

Well said, and whilst we're on the 'evidence' hunt, still not enough proof that the holocaust took place either.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I don't recall making any insults about them. Last time I heard, being a patriot is a compliment. I consider myself a patriot and we are told that they attended the march in this light.

Maybe not from you but I heard "scum of the earth" mentioned somewhere. Until people are 100% sure of what they are commenting on then insults like that don't seem warranted.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
But Chez - you have repeatedly tended to side with a contributor who calls him/herself Das Reich and then seeks to defend that. You can't blame people for tarring you with that brush.

I believe Nibble - no reason not to - but I'd like to see pictures just to close the argument.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
At present we have 2 reports of the same March which totally contradict each other. It seems that everyone is believing Nibble's report because thats what they want to believe.

I can't see that you've posted your own view? You agreed with Nibbles bit about the station but didn't go any further?

chez

Jul 5, 2003
But Chez - you have repeatedly tended to side with a contributor who calls him/herself Das Reich and then seeks to defend that. You can't blame people for tarring you with that brush.

I believe Nibble - no reason not to - but I'd like to see pictures just to close the argument.

Not sure I should be tarred with the same brush. I agree with a few of the things he/she says but by no means everything. I also agree with a few things Complete Badger says but I'd hate to be called a Kuipers lover!!

chez

Jul 5, 2003
I can't see that you've posted your own view? You agreed with Nibbles bit about the station but didn't go any further?

No need to. I said that the only part that was correct in his report as far as I saw was the fact that there were about 50 people of all ages at the station. These in my opinion weren't nazi thugs of any sort - just people showing their loyalty and love for their country.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
No need to. I said that the only part that was correct in his report as far as I saw was the fact that there were about 50 people of all ages at the station. These in my opinion weren't nazi thugs of any sort - just people showing their loyalty and love for their country.

So, do you think he is making up the Nazi salutes bit?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, as promised the report. I will explain why it is cut short later.

Arrived at station at 11.40am. On the station forecourt was a group of about 50+ people. Men, women, children and teenagers and I'm sorry to say all of them very intimidating. I would not want to have been a visitor getting off the train this morning. It really was like a scene from This Is England.

Most were shaven headed, drinking cans of beer and posing for photographs with the George Cross. Some were in full Skins regalia and unfortunately their appearance did nothing to disuade me that they are all exactly what we were thought they were going to be and the same goes for the motive behind the march.

Surprisingly, what I think were decorated Ghurkas were leading the march. Very strange.

At 12, just as it started to spit with rain the march set off down Queens Road. I had been reluctant to take pictures or film beforehand as I thought it would draw aggression. However I began to film them as they began chanting such things as

"Im English, I'm English Im H-A-P-P-Y, " etc and "We want England back, We want England back".

At his point the worst thing I saw of the day was a group in the centre of the march Sig Heiling photographers. Several marchers followed suit until a bout 6 of them were marching and sig heiling. Shocking.

Onlookers were visibly disgusted.

I got to the Quadrant pub (I was following at a distance as I did not want to be perceived as being a part of this) and was approached by two Police Officers. Very polite they were I have to say and professional. They ID'd me, ran a PNC check and explained that it draws aggression and they wanted to check I was not from an opposing faction. As polite as they were I found the whole incident very unpleasant.

As you can understand I then stopped following the march and left them all to it.

A thoroughly unpleasant experience and I regret even bothering to turn up.

I suggest Das Reich should be ignored at all costs.

Want it back from whom? Jack-booted neo-Nazi sympathisers and their schoolboy politics?

In which case, I totally agree.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is how it was 'celebrated' in Manchester (from the MEN)

NINE people were arrested as St George's Day celebrations in Manchester turned ugly.

Police were called to several city centre pubs after reports that gangs of drunken revellers were allegedly chanting racist songs and shouting verbal abuse at passers-by.

Officers arrived in force at the Moon Under Water pub on Deansgate after receiving calls from shopkeepers and the public.

Witnesses say a gang of up to 40 revellers - many wearing red and white - were singing abusive songs outside.

Officers were later called to the Mitre Hotel in the Shambles following similar reports.

A total of arrests were made and police issued more than 40 written notices telling people to move on.

A 28-year-old witness, who did not want to be named, said: "I saw two Asian girls being verbally abused as they walked past the Moon Under Water. I also saw members of the group making Nazi salutes.

"It got nasty and it was very upsetting. Some of the songs they were singing were very offensive.

"This sort of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. I can't understand it. You don't get that sort of behaviour on St Patrick's Day."

A police spokesman confirmed that nine people were arrested for public order offences. He said the vast majority of revellers were well-behaved.

He said: "Greater Manchester Police respects the right of anyone to enjoy the St George's Day festivities and other national events.

"However, GMP will not tolerate racism in any form and anyone found behaving in an anti-social or racist manner will be dealt with appropriately."

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
This is how it was 'celebrated' in Manchester (from the MEN)

NINE people were arrested as St George's Day celebrations in Manchester turned ugly.

Police were called to several city centre pubs after reports that gangs of drunken revellers were allegedly chanting racist songs and shouting verbal abuse at passers-by.

Officers arrived in force at the Moon Under Water pub on Deansgate after receiving calls from shopkeepers and the public.

Witnesses say a gang of up to 40 revellers - many wearing red and white - were singing abusive songs outside.

Officers were later called to the Mitre Hotel in the Shambles following similar reports.

A total of arrests were made and police issued more than 40 written notices telling people to move on.

A 28-year-old witness, who did not want to be named, said: "I saw two Asian girls being verbally abused as they walked past the Moon Under Water. I also saw members of the group making Nazi salutes.

"It got nasty and it was very upsetting. Some of the songs they were singing were very offensive.

"This sort of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. I can't understand it. You don't get that sort of behaviour on St Patrick's Day."

A police spokesman confirmed that nine people were arrested for public order offences. He said the vast majority of revellers were well-behaved.

He said: "Greater Manchester Police respects the right of anyone to enjoy the St George's Day festivities and other national events.

"However, GMP will not tolerate racism in any form and anyone found behaving in an anti-social or racist manner will be dealt with appropriately."

Unfortunately this is the sort of thing that will prevent widespread celebration of St Georges day. People just don't want to be associated with the racist attachments to the English flag.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What people should be trying to do is to reclaim the flag from the likes of Das Reich and his furry headed chums.

St Patrick's day is an excuse to get pissed, sing songs, and have a group hug, this is what St G's day should be like, instead it is a celebration of the third reich for too many.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately this is the sort of thing that will prevent widespread celebration of St Georges day. People just don't want to be associated with the racist attachments to the English flag.

Exactly. I love my country and am very proud to be English, I also celebrate St Georges day. Unfortunately, to a lot of people that makes me a racist these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here