Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] March - end of the debate

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Better LWB? or better Winger?

Curious about this, because my pet theory is that fans who don't appreciate Solly, are judging him against expectations from 6 or 7 years ago.
Plenty of us thought he was going to develop into a devastating winger.
He hasn't. much of this is due to injury and CH's insistence that he defended more than attacked.
Which has led to him becoming a decent LWB.

Solly has received plenty of plaudits for his play in this position, so not sure why you think we could do so much better.

Who do you think we should be replacing him with?

Badger Boy previously, plenty of times, expressed that he believes Bernardo to be better than March ("I still believe Bernardo is better at every aspect of the game than March is, but Potter's made his bed.")

And:

"Bernardo is the best left back at the club. It's a failing of Potter's imaginary coaching skills that he can't get more out of him but we certainly shouldn't allow him to go to West Brom or West Ham."

Unfortunately what Badger Boy failed to though while exposing his imaginary football knowledge was forgetting that the key person in "getting more out of Bernardo" is Bernardo, and my personal opinion is that he rarely have performed on a level that warrants Potter to bench March / Burn to get this allegedly superior player into the starting lineup.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Badger Boy previously, plenty of times, expressed that he believes Bernardo to be better than March ("I still believe Bernardo is better at every aspect of the game than March is, but Potter's made his bed.")

And:

"Bernardo is the best left back at the club. It's a failing of Potter's imaginary coaching skills that he can't get more out of him but we certainly shouldn't allow him to go to West Brom or West Ham."

Unfortunately what Badger Boy failed to though while exposing his imaginary football knowledge was forgetting that the key person in "getting more out of Bernardo" is Bernardo, and my personal opinion is that he rarely have performed on a level that warrants Potter to bench March / Burn to get this allegedly superior player into the starting lineup.

Ah well if the option for "considerably better" is Bernardo, then I think that debate is done and dusted.

I too felt Bernardo was going to be a great addition, but he has only shown glimpses of the potential I felt he had.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
My stalker's remarkably committed, I am impressed. My opinion hasn't changed, if Bernardo were given the opportunities that March has been then I'm confident he'd have produced far more than March has. But it's an intangible opinion, much the same as praising March for his work rate. It's an intangible and very open to opinion. I don't believe in criticising people for expressing an opinion on a fans forum.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Load of shit, get rid etc etc

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Really pleased for Solly.

I’ve always liked him since I saw him hit a beauty in a pre-season game (against Norwich I think?) but freely admit I had started to think he had peaked and was not quite gonna do it at prem level.

Shows what we all know (or think we know)

Potters coaching certainly seems to suit him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My stalker's remarkably committed, I am impressed. My opinion hasn't changed, if Bernardo were given the opportunities that March has been then I'm confident he'd have produced far more than March has. But it's an intangible opinion, much the same as praising March for his work rate. It's an intangible and very open to opinion. I don't believe in criticising people for expressing an opinion on a fans forum.

[emoji23] Are you really Martin Keown?!

Just admit you are hugely, massively in the wrong, it will be like a weight off your shoulders.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Has been superb this season since moving to wing back. And another great game today capped off with a classy goal.

If the haters don’t see his quality now they never will. Solly for England.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Turns out he has a right foot as well. This is a huge development.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Another good game today for Solly. Although his defending worries me as he tends to give away too many free kicks (Penalties :) )in dangerous areas .

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I actually didn't think today's performance was as good as some this season.

But then he scored. What a beauty.

Have seen a couple of , "but why can't he play like that consistently" comments.
Which gives the game away somewhat.

Some posters think he should be scoring 8/9/10 goals a season and anything less is "inconsistent".
Clueless.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s said that Solly reads NSC, so:

Well played Solly, another quality performance, I loved your winner.

So proud of another Sussex lad deservedly playing for The Stripes. :bowdown::albion:

[Never, ever take the opinions of one two envious types to heart ... they’re massively outnumbered by your supporters].

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great goal Dont agree he has been in great form this season. His final ball into box has been poor and doesnt like Lampty drive into box Hope this is turning point

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve written him off so many times but he always bounces back. He can frustrate me like the rest of them i suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here