Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] March - end of the debate

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We are currently trying to play the old Arsenal way, one touch too many

Yes, and zonal defending, whatever that is, IF we're trying to do it . . Requires VERY good players. Apparently. ( I haen't got a clue TBH!)

We're either in defensive transition, or defensive meltdown

I think the latter, and hopefully it clicks. Soon!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I expect March to be well up the field when we're moving forward and also well back defending when the midfield (Alzate, Trossard, Biss) misplace a pass straight to the oppo who counter attack and score. Bad Solly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Another good game from Solly last night, I really hope his injury isn't bad, he would be a big loss to us. Bernardo showed he's way off March. I think we will have to go to a back 4 with Burn at LB if he is out for a while.

Deserves a lot of credit for our goal too. For those that say he offers no end product that was a great little run and ball across.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Another good game from Solly last night, I really hope his injury isn't bad, he would be a big loss to us. Bernardo showed he's way off March. I think we will have to go to a back 4 with Burn at LB if he is out for a while.

Deserves a lot of credit for our goal too. For those that say he offers no end product that was a great little run and ball across.

Would rather Lamptey at LWB...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I feel like a bad and tunnel visioning braindead sucker whenever I go to hard on any individual player, but... I really, really, really dont want Bernardo anywhere near the starting lineup. I'd go with Burn or Alzate or Gross or really anyone else. Things just turn to chaous any time the ball is near him.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019

I watched the game twice and thought March was not very good. I agree that he had good two games previous to yesterday's game but yesterday he was poor. Look at the pre assist to Gross and tell me if he was looking up and picked up Gross running to the top of the box or was he looking down the whole time and randomly put the ball there...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I watched the game twice and thought March was not very good. I agree that he had good two games previous to yesterday's game but yesterday he was poor. Look at the pre assist to Gross and tell me if he was looking up and picked up Gross running to the top of the box or was he looking down the whole time and randomly put the ball there...

There is another option. March picked out Gross because they had practised and drilled it to perfection in training and Solly knew exactly where Gross would be. Sort of like a big Premier League club working on routines during the week before a game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just think he is so poor in attack. Lose count at number of times his intended crosses are just hit against his marker. Unbelievable difference at what we achieve going forward from our wing back on right. As March is so one footed it doesnt help that he doesnt have option of cutting in that he had when he played on right.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just think he is so poor in attack. Lose count at number of times his intended crosses are just hit against his marker. Unbelievable difference at what we achieve going forward from our wing back on right. As March is so one footed it doesnt help that he doesnt have option of cutting in that he had when he played on right.

Aren’t 99% of players hopeless on their ‘wrong’ foot?

Inverted wingers simply use their favoured foot.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
There is another option. March picked out Gross because they had practised and drilled it to perfection in training and Solly knew exactly where Gross would be. Sort of like a big Premier League club working on routines during the week before a game.

yeah, that's it. They have been practicing passing the ball between Trossard, Lallana and March and on the seventh pass, March puts himself under pressure and acts like he is losing the ball. That is the signal for Gross to start running from 33 yards out to the top of the box and March will put a no look pass to the top of the box. :) I don't think so. I wish.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Even the opposition don’t really bother marking him as they know he will **** it up himself. Lamptey on the other hand....March is Championship end of discussion.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Athletic reporting the club will open contract talks with Solly, who’s coming up to a decade at the club, shortly

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We can do so, so much better.

Better LWB? or better Winger?

Curious about this, because my pet theory is that fans who don't appreciate Solly, are judging him against expectations from 6 or 7 years ago.
Plenty of us thought he was going to develop into a devastating winger.
He hasn't. much of this is due to injury and CH's insistence that he defended more than attacked.
Which has led to him becoming a decent LWB.

Solly has received plenty of plaudits for his play in this position, so not sure why you think we could do so much better.

Who do you think we should be replacing him with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here