Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] March - end of the debate

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With Stephens and Muzza gone, Solly playing well to the satisfaction of most, who’s going to be the next booboys punchbag?

Ryan.

Some have already started.

Just you wait and see what happens if he makes a slip up that costs us a goal, in a few months time ???

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Whether it's confidence or whatever, the more he crosses, the more he drifts past opponents and the more he score the better :albion2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t forget Webster, And making a late surge, Maupay.

Ah yes.

And Gross, of course. Man has no pace.

And Burn - where does he actually play?

Lest we not forget: Ali J - never a footballer.

In fact they are all shitehouse.

I'm going to start following a proper football club, such as The Leeds.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Sorry if someone else has mentioned this in the match thread but I would be interested in whether this is just me...please rest assured this is NOT a criticism of solly in any way.

I watched motd2 over lunch and i wondered whether people think solly meant to hit it in the top corner. The reason I ask is because the ball took quite a big bobble just as it got to him which I think caused the ball to go in the area. I suspect he was aiming bottom corner but circumstances took over. I wonder if he has mentioned it?

I only ask because I was alright at hockey about 20 years ago and it took me 15 years after retirement to confess my greatest ever goal in a big match was a complete muck up. I was in reverse stick and aimed bottom left corner but got myself in a tangle and smashed it into the top right corner and have the keeper no chance. For once there was a reasonable sized crowd so I lapped it up. Didn’t mean it. Did Solly mean his?

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Sorry if someone else has mentioned this in the match thread but I would be interested in whether this is just me...please rest assured this is NOT a criticism of solly in any way.

I watched motd2 over lunch and i wondered whether people think solly meant to hit it in the top corner. The reason I ask is because the ball took quite a big bobble just as it got to him which I think caused the ball to go in the area. I suspect he was aiming bottom corner but circumstances took over. I wonder if he has mentioned it?

I only ask because I was alright at hockey about 20 years ago and it took me 15 years after retirement to confess my greatest ever goal in a big match was a complete muck up. I was in reverse stick and aimed bottom left corner but got myself in a tangle and smashed it into the top right corner and have the keeper no chance. For once there was a reasonable sized crowd so I lapped it up. Didn’t mean it. Did Solly mean his?

I imagine he meant it at least as much as his direct free kick goal against Millwall...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Surely you're always going to be looking for top corner when the ball is coming onto you like that?
I suspect he meant it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I think he said it in his interview, he doesn't have much of a right foot so just wanted to get his head over it and keep it on target (already an improvement on most shots we take). The fact that it took a bobble means that the technique is even more important an it gives you more margin for error. To me, it's great to see that Solly actually thought about the technique when he and others have a tendency to test the upper reaches of the stands more than the upper reaches of the net.

Just goes to show that he's receptive to the coaching. I'd say he's arguably one of Potter's greatest successes. He's our version of James Milner which is quite the compliment

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I think he said it in his interview, he doesn't have much of a right foot so just wanted to get his head over it and keep it on target (already an improvement on most shots we take). The fact that it took a bobble means that the technique is even more important an it gives you more margin for error. To me, it's great to see that Solly actually thought about the technique when he and others have a tendency to test the upper reaches of the stands more than the upper reaches of the net.

Just goes to show that he's receptive to the coaching. I'd say he's arguably one of Potter's greatest successes. He's our version of James Milner which is quite the compliment

I agree with this. I was so excited about him but then he got that horrible injury. His reinvention as a wingback rather than a tricky winger has been brilliant. Change in formation this year but with lamptey and March rather than burn and Montoya we are completely different. I have tried to embed an image showing just how much they get in the box. Compared to parking the bus from days gone back this is quite something. If the image hasn’t worked it shows that out wing backs both average more touches in the box per 90mins than any other defenders in the league.

155CD754-D8B8-495A-A3C4-BB862094C51A.jpeg

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

It's just you.
Oh and it's Solly not solly.
What did you have for lunch?
:moo:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I agree with this. I was so excited about him but then he got that horrible injury. His reinvention as a wingback rather than a tricky winger has been brilliant. Change in formation this year but with lamptey and March rather than burn and Montoya we are completely different. I have tried to embed an image showing just how much they get in the box. Compared to parking the bus from days gone back this is quite something. If the image hasn’t worked it shows that out wing backs both average more touches in the box per 90mins than any other defenders in the league.

View attachment 130751

That's a mad statistic and shows how impressive our full backs have been

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

View attachment 130751
Brilliant (and highly encouraging) stats.

Either other sides have moved on from the tactic of super-attacking wing backs (were absolutely all the rage a couple of seasons back, in the 3-5-2), or we're now just doing it a bit better than most.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Based on what ive seen from Sako , March must be in with a shout of a call up if he holds this form until the next squad announcement

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Didn’t mean it. Did Solly mean his?

In the same non-critical spirit I doubt he envisaged it going in like that. He was righty concentrating on the contact (not scuffing or getting under it). But I suggest there are lots of goals that are not quite was intended. Solly deserves all the credit (and the run of the ball) for taking it on and with such good technique.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

View attachment 130751

Great graphic that :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Playing really well. Still slices way too many balls / nowhere near finished article but is improving immensely this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here