Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh sorry, you've got your boring, sensible head on today I see.
I don't mind people leaving for a better offer, plenty of people do that. But putting in an actual transfer request and playing the game of your agent giving details of your "dream move" to the likes of Romano is the behaviour of an unmitigated knobhead as far as I'm concerned.
And yeah, if WSP come in and offer to triple my money for doing the same job any time soon I'll take the hit on being considered a hypocrite.
I've not heard you scream abuse at Caicedo?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Trossard might as well have done from what I read? At least he’d given us a few seasons though and knew his place was no longer guaranteed with the form of Mitoma. Cucu was our only PL quality player in his position and had hardly had tIme to unpack, hence we didn’t have a succession plan. The money grabbing twat, others may not have a problem with his pushing for a move, any move, but I did
RdZ just sent him home for not trying was my understanding, plus Lallana had confronted him on it.

With Cucurella, I actually don’t blame him for leaving, more money etc…, but just behave professionally and with respect whilst it’s all going on, he didn’t therefore……. Booooooooooo!

I realise my booing will make him reflect on his actions 😏
But it does me the world of good…..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
RdZ just sent him home for not trying was my understanding, plus Lallana had confronted him on it.

With Cucurella, I actually don’t blame him for leaving, more money etc…, but just behave professionally and with respect whilst it’s all going on, he didn’t therefore……. Booooooooooo!

I realise my booing will make him reflect on his actions 😏
But it does me the world of good…..
I think the clip above shows he’s been got to by Albion and the fans reaction to him :thumbsup:

Hopefully shipped out to the Spanish second division at a massive loss in the summer, the git.

Not that I am vaguely vindictive

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh sorry, you've got your boring, sensible head on today I see.
I don't mind people leaving for a better offer, plenty of people do that. But putting in an actual transfer request and playing the game of your agent giving details of your "dream move" to the likes of Romano is the behaviour of an unmitigated knobhead.
And yeah, if WSP come in and offer to triple my money for doing the same job any time soon I'll take the hit on being considered a hypocrite.
Dan Burn banged on about his 'dream move' but i think we still like him. White and Bissouma would no doubt have gone down the 'transfer request, agent leaks and sulky route' if we hadn't have given them their transfer, just like Caicedo did, and Cucu would have been all sweetness and light if City had offered more straight up and we'd accepted it without much fuss.

Circumstances just lead to different outcomes and perceptions.

Thought they boos were a bit silly, even though an obvious hangover from the Amex game earlier in the season.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Dan Burn banged on about his 'dream move' but i think we still like him. White and Bissouma would no doubt have gone down the 'transfer request, agent leaks and sulky route' if we hadn't have given them their transfer, just like Caicedo did, and Cucu would have been all sweetness and light if City had offered more straight up and we'd accepted it without much fuss.

Circumstances just lead to different outcomes and perceptions.

Thought they boos were a bit silly, even though an obvious hangover from the Amex game earlier in the season.
You have no evidence for either Biss or Ben and their morals, nor did big Dan throw a strop and behave like a bell end. The pure facts are that Cucu is a classless prick and deserves all the boos he gets.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
For all the abuse that Cucurella has received for his Chelsea move, I reckon he would be an ideal fit for RDZ's squad.
I do accept that Estupinan is better, and I also accept that 90% of the fan base now seem to hate him, and also Chelsea will look to offload him by wanting too many millions.
So it's not going to happen.

But he is a decent player and he would suit our style.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You have no evidence for either Biss or Ben and their morals, nor did big Dan throw a strop and behave like a bell end. The pure facts are that Cucu is a classless prick and deserves all the boos he gets.
Burn went into the office of PBOBE and basically said he wanted to go to Newcastle and to make it happen.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
For all the abuse that Cucurella has received for his Chelsea move, I reckon he would be an ideal fit for RDZ's squad.
I do accept that Estupinan is better, and I also accept that 90% of the fan base now seem to hate him, and also Chelsea will look to offload him by wanting too many millions.

Weak mentality player IMO, not good enough to play LB in a 4 imo, people forget how many bad defensive errors he made last season, was great as a wing back, which RDZ doesn’t play.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Lest we forget, Cucurella was our Player Of The Season about this time last year. Who amongst us would begrudge him a move to the team of his lifelong dreams Manchester City? Oh.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Weak mentality player IMO, not good enough to play LB in a 4 imo, people forget how many bad defensive errors he made last season, was great as a wing back, which RDZ doesn’t play.
Very rarely played as LB for us, you might have a point.

But he did excel at LCB, which was under Potter, an almost fake left back role. Potter got a huge amount of overloads with him there. We do similar with Estupinian now but it means that Caicedo is kept on a tight leash and can’t show his exceptional attacking prowess so much.

Happy to take Cucu back as back up for Estupinian if we can get Colwill too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

But he did excel at LCB, which was under Potter, an almost fake left back role. Potter got a huge amount of overloads with him there. We do similar with Estupinian now but it means that Caicedo is kept on a tight leash and can’t show his exceptional attacking prowess so much.

Sideshow Marc has well and truly burnt his bridges here. Oh well :shrug:

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding

You can't really compare Cucu, Moises and Burn's situations as they are all different.

I always thought Cucu was best as a lwb too than a lb in a 4. But apart from a few mistakes he was fairly solid for us in a back 3, 4 or lwb and great on the left going forward.

Problem is when you play for Chelsea et al you are scrutinised for every little mistake like it's the end of the world. You do get more leeway with teams like Brighton (sic)

I don't hate him, i just think he's a bit of a d!ck. There are ways to do things, if you want to go fine, just do it behind closed doors.

I wouldn't want him back, but more so to protect the harmony of the squad just in case he has another hissy fit. Also his wages are now ridiculous. Would prefer tony to get his spreadsheets out and find another flushtupinan.

Like Burn did it seems put in a requirest, but behind closed doors and not via the media, i didn't begrudge him the move to his boyhood club who are on the verge of something special on the pitch (sports washing aside) and he was a good servant for the club.

Moises was all about being ill advised it seems, and since has got on with his job without fuss and has been excellent. So i wouldn't say he was a d!ck, just a bit naive and impatient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here