Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
MC certainly didn't deserve any of the boos. He left pre-Potter in a routine transfer. Trouble for him is that he isn't playing with a centre back pairing anywhere near as good as Dunk and Webster or a wing back support as good as that which we have. I feel sorry for him but feel in Purvis Estupinan we have a better player.

Loving it me!

TNBA

TTF
He tried to force the move to Man City by putting in a transfer request, and either him or his agent were leaking updates to Fabrizio Romano to tweet.
Then when Pep withdrew due to the price, Chelsea stepped in.
He even said he’d driven past Stamford Bridge and dreamed of playing there (he’d already played there for Brighton).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cucurella was looking very relaxed in the tunnel about 30 minutes after the whistle, laughing and chatting with a couple of his old teammates (I think it was Lallana and Solly). We even thought he might stop and talk to the press (all the other Chelsea players except Aubameyang refused) but then one of the Chelsea media team hustled him away in another direction after putting a hoodie over him, just in case we hadn't already spotted him.
Sounds a very ‘Chelsea’ / Top 6 busy body employee to me 🤦🏻‍♂️ No wonder so many footballers think they can do what they want and others will just clear it up ffs…!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shows you know f*** all about our club yet think that not only your opinion is the only one that's right, you tell us we're wrong yet we have far more knowledge than you.

You are very odd.
It’s every f***ing thread I read - dominated, and I mean dominated by this bloke who knows f*** all about actual English football yet has endless hours to waste googling everything - having the nerve to tell pretty much all of us what’s what about our club. He’s actually becoming more of an irritant by the day now & making this place quite annoying for me tbh. We’ve just beaten, no thrashed, one of the worlds best teams and NSC is full of his arrogant inaccuracies. Think others are feeling the same now - saw it a long time ago!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
MC certainly didn't deserve any of the boos. He left pre-Potter in a routine transfer. Trouble for him is that he isn't playing with a centre back pairing anywhere near as good as Dunk and Webster or a wing back support as good as that which we have. I feel sorry for him but feel in Purvis Estupinan we have a better player.

Loving it me!

TNBA

TTF
Personally I thought he deserved it more than anyone else. He and his agent forced the issue, put in a transfer request and actively sought the move. If it ends up not working out, that’s his problem, not ours……. Much though I loved him when he was with us.

with Potter and co Chelsea came for him. He didn’t seek the move. I was disappointed, but could quite understand it. He was a bit classless post match on Saturday, though.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
No hard feeling to the guy at all, he did the same at Getafe when forcing a move through to us.
However, watching the highlights, it was great to see him miss the clearance for Trossard's goal. I only realised it was him when the shock of hair popped up and it added to my satisfaction. Good luck off the pitch, on the pitch - crash and burn!!!!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I think that Bruno will be welcomed back with open arms when the time is right. We have previous!
Swanny -if you want to do some more research into our history look up 'Dean Hammond'.
Sussex boy - Stains - Withdean kneeslide. Then he came back on loan with us for nearly a full season.
This was in the same season that ended with the aforementioned Murray injury, followed by the execution at the Amex by number one panto villain, Mr Tumble.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think that Bruno will be welcomed back with open arms when the time is right. We have previous!
Swanny -if you want to do some more research into our history look up 'Dean Hammond'.
Sussex boy - Stains - Withdean kneeslide. Then he came back on loan with us for nearly a full season.
This was in the same season that ended with the aforementioned Murray injury, followed by the execution at the Amex by number one panto villain, Mr Tumble.
Don't forget that header up the road that Hammond should have buried, would have given us a 1-0 lead to bring back here.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well the people next to me who were cheering weren’t young lads and they weren’t told to shut up. Neither were the people in front of me who cheered.

The ones near you might have been told to shut up, but there was a lot of people celebrating. Now If people want to say that some people cheered because they thought he’d dived and didn’t realise he was seriously injured then I’d still disagree that it was the case for everyone but at least it wouldn’t be quite as disingenuous as the current narrative.
When I first learned the “there’s only one Glenn Murray” song the words went:

There’s only one Glenn Murray
There’s only one Glenn Murray
We called him a c*nt
Now he’s up front
Walking in a Murray wonderland

Which sort of backs up your case. He wasn’t universally respected while at Palace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
With Chilwell carried off with a hamstring injury and out of the WC he'll be used plenty in the games either side of the WC.
Out of the WC? Bit of guesswork there eh! Although doesn’t look good, best to wait and see.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No hard feeling to the guy at all, he did the same at Getafe when forcing a move through to us.
However, watching the highlights, it was great to see him miss the clearance for Trossard's goal. I only realised it was him when the shock of hair popped up and it added to my satisfaction. Good luck off the pitch, on the pitch - crash and burn!!!!
B242197D-E407-4573-ACEA-60162239EA93.jpeg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Personally I thought he deserved it more than anyone else. He and his agent forced the issue, put in a transfer request and actively sought the move. If it ends up not working out, that’s his problem, not ours……. Much though I loved him when he was with us.

with Potter and co Chelsea came for him. He didn’t seek the move. I was disappointed, but could quite understand it. He was a bit classless post match on Saturday, though.
:goal:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With Chilwell’s apparent hamstring injury, Cucu might well be given the minutes he needs to get some redemption.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is a slightly serious alternate view to the mockery.

Is it not in Mr Bloom's best interests for our talent to kick on again, after their move away from the Albion?

In the summer we'll be wanting many millions for someone, but that might not be forthcoming if there's doubt about lil Brighton players performing at a 'big club'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here