Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
"Look mum, I made the papers!"

FgYvX1aWQAEk5h6.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Shows you know f*** all about our club yet think that not only your opinion is the only one that's right, you tell us we're wrong yet we have far more knowledge than you.

You are very odd.
I said he rejected a contract, you said he didn't. Didn't know that the contract was shite (and not sure how you know but I'll trust that tbh) but there seems to have been a contract rejected unless the club blatantly lied.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
And so disorganised and outplayed from the first minute. Yes it happened to us but Potter was able to stem the tide by some quick tactical changes that the players accepted and got on with.
Strikes me that he’ll have a problem with the egos of Sterling, Mount, and others who play when and how they like. It’ll be interesting to see if Chelsea support Potter or force him to stick with the egos. A big test for his emotional intelligence skills!
At Chelsea, the players always trump the manager.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I said he rejected a contract, you said he didn't. Didn't know that the contract was shite (and not sure how you know but I'll trust that tbh) but there seems to have been a contract rejected unless the club blatantly lied.
We all knew because Murray has spoken about it. We know more than you, accept it.

f***ing hell you really are a tool.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We all knew because Murray has spoken about it. We know more than you, accept it.

f***ing hell you really are a tool.
Is Murray a reliable source for whether the contract offer he rejected was decent or not?

Anyway, as I said, I believe you/Murray on this one.

You are a tool, and not a very useful one, as well mate.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is Murray a reliable source for whether the contract offer he rejected was decent or not?

Anyway, as I said, I believe you/Murray on this one.

You are a tool, and not a very useful one, as well mate.
Oh do f*** off

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Ok, my bad, not seen the contract offer.

So the club made a shite offer to Glenn Murray in order to make him look bad and the club look good? Well. It is what it is.
We also replaced him with a "£3m" striker whose first touch in the shirt went backwards from the edge of the box to the halfway line. And it never improved.
One of the worst decisions the club ever made

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Cucurella was looking very relaxed in the tunnel about 30 minutes after the whistle, laughing and chatting with a couple of his old teammates (I think it was Lallana and Solly). We even thought he might stop and talk to the press (all the other Chelsea players except Aubameyang refused) but then one of the Chelsea media team hustled him away in another direction after putting a hoodie over him, just in case we hadn't already spotted him.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Ten years of service...

stay classy.
C'mon Swanny - it's Chelsea. I'll always love Bruno (as I imagine will most of the fanbase,) but if he thought he'd come back to a smattering of warm applause then he doesn't understand football fans. I loved it, it's pantomime and energising. About time the Amex went off.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
C'mon Swanny - it's Chelsea. I'll always love Bruno (as I imagine will most of the fanbase,) but if he thought he'd come back to a smattering of warm applause then he doesn't understand football fans. I loved it, it's pantomime and energising. About time the Amex went off.
But is it classy? No.

Is it justified? Not really.

Could it be great anyway to raise the roof? Yes.

I hope he takes it for what it is though. Would be sad if it prevented him from returning if or when the time is right.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
But is it classy? No.

I hope he takes it for what it is though. Would be sad if it prevented him from returning if or when the time is right.
Is it classy? Who cares? You don't support a football team to please the "respect from a [insert random club here] fan" crowd.

Is it justified? Yeah, of course it is. He jumped ship for the progression of his career. He chose to leave the club just as they were touching new heights. Good for him but why would I like that?

Could it be a great way to raise the roof? Glad we agree on something.

Bruno would be a fool if he thinks that his bridge is permanently burned because of Saturday. If he returned, 99% of fans would do so with open arms. BUT right now, in this moment, he chose to dump us for his own personal gain and for that reason he absolutely deserved to be booed on Saturday and, in that moment, I hope it hurt him a little on a personal level.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is it classy? Who cares? You don't support a football team to please the "respect from a [insert random club here] fan" crowd.

Is it justified? Yeah, of course it is. He jumped ship for the progression of his career. He chose to leave the club just as they were touching new heights. Good for him but why would I like that?

Could it be a great way to raise the roof? Glad we agree on something.

Bruno would be a fool if he thinks that his bridge is permanently burned because of Saturday. If he returned, 99% of fans would do so with open arms. BUT right now, in this moment, he chose to dump us for his own personal gain and for that reason he absolutely deserved to be booed on Saturday and, in that moment, I hope it hurt him a little on a personal level.
Not saying people need to care, its up to them if they do or dont.

Its not justified. You dont have to like it, but its not justified. Those things are separate. I don't like people occupying the whole isle in a shop but I don't boo them as it isn't justified regardless of what I may think of it. No one says you have to like him leaving.

Saturday probably had little impact on Brunos potential return. Other things may not have had as little impact.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Not saying people need to care, its up to them if they do or dont.

Its not justified. You dont have to like it, but its not justified. Those things are separate. I don't like people occupying the whole isle in a shop but I don't boo them as it isn't justified regardless of what I may think of it. No one says you have to like him leaving.

Saturday probably had little impact on Brunos potential return. Other things may not have had as little impact.
Christ alive, I've booed hundreds of opposition players and staff for far less in my time watching the Albion. I'm still not entirely sure why we all booed Steven Gerrard at Anfield in 2012 but no one got upset over it. Scott McGleish got pelters for 15 years against us for one (cowardly) celebration.

Booing is part of the performative nature of crowds at professional football matches. As is cheering. It is justified as part of the tradition of fans interacting within the context of a game. There doesn't seem to be a need to stay classy elsewhere. You are either fishing or being obtuse in not understanding that.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Christ alive, I've booed hundreds of opposition players and staff for far less in my time watching the Albion. I'm still not entirely sure why we all booed Steven Gerrard at Anfield in 2012 but no one got upset over it. Scott McGleish is a wanker is a wanker got pelters for 15 years against us for one (cowardly) celebration.

Booing is part of the performative nature of crowds at professional football matches. As is cheering. It is justified as part of the tradition of fans interacting within the context of a game. There doesn't seem to be a need to stay classy elsewhere. You are either fishing or being obtuse in not understanding that.

Edited it for you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cucurella was looking very relaxed in the tunnel about 30 minutes after the whistle, laughing and chatting with a couple of his old teammates (I think it was Lallana and Solly).
I'd imagine this little anecdote would make folk of a Chelsea persuasion very upset indeed!

(shame)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
But is it classy? No.

Sorry Swanny, but it's not about class. It's about sending out a clear message. Everything in a Chelsea shirt got jeered on Saturday with extra-special jeering for ex-Brighton players and staff.

I was so sad to hear Bruno booed, but I was not about to criticise those that did. This was about the frustration of a big 6 club stripping a smaller club of their backroom staff (not just manager, assistant manager and coach, but a whole raft of management).

Sad to see and hear, but totally justified in the context of things. A great message to send out.

And this was not about Potter. It was about something bigger than that. I'm frankly not that bothered about GP going. I'm more concerned with how Tony Bloom's commitment to his staff has been repaid by them. And I was appalled at Chelsea's classless act in approaching Winstanley in the very week of this game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But is it classy? No.

What gives a non Brighton fan the right to decide our behaviour? I didn't boo Bruno as I actually love the man and what he did for us. But in a free country a person has a right to make a decision like that himself, petty or otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here