Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry Swanny, but it's not about class. It's about sending out a clear message. Everything in a Chelsea shirt got jeered on Saturday with extra-special jeering for ex-Brighton players and staff.

I was so sad to hear Bruno booed, but I was not about to criticise those that did. This was about the frustration of a big 6 club stripping a smaller club of their backroom staff (not just manager, assistant manager and coach, but a whole raft of management).

Sad to see and hear, but totally justified in the context of things. A great message to send out.

And this was not about Potter. It was about something bigger than that. I'm frankly not that bothered about GP going. I'm more concerned with how Tony Bloom's commitment to his staff has been repaid by them. And I was appalled at Chelsea's classless act in approaching Winstanley in the very week of this game.
Well, Bloom's commitment to his staff ended abruptly with Hughton did it not? As it has done in the past with the likes of Burke etc. He has to be prepared to fire and hire.

Also not surprising you aren't bothered with Potter going seeing as you were calling for his head, and that would have meant his coaching team as well in March this year.

Funny old world being a football fan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What gives a non Brighton fan the right to decide our behaviour? I didn't boo Bruno as I actually love the man and what he did for us. But in a free country a person has a right to make a decision like that himself, petty or otherwise.
Nothing I think, unless something illegal happens in which case the police might step in and decide your behaviour. Doesn't seem like anything like that happened but since you asked... :shrug:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Some players get put off by the booing and it affects their game. Some players get the "panto" and love the booing and often play better because if it.

Cucurella seems definitely the former. Zaha the latter.
I think it must depend a bit on the opposition. Would Cucurella react the same way if he’s booed by Arsenal fans? Why would he, it would be very random. I think Saturday genuinely shocked him, I honestly think he thought he was going to return and get a standing ovation, in a bizarre way it getting to him like it clearly did kinda show he cared.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Loved Liam Brady as a player for Arsenal and then as our manager. And that clip is legendary, I remember it at the time and enjoy it every time I see it still to this day! Not so keen on the eye liner for Lenny though....
I went to some very random Serie A-specials-night over here (think it was some kind of celebration of some new TV rights or something) a few years ago, with Marco Tardelli as a special guest. The guy couldn't stop talking about Brady, telling stories about all kinds of stuff including one about Brady accidently ruining the entire tram system in some Italian city for an entire day which wasn't overly popular... Tardelli couldnt stop laughing though.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I think it must depend a bit on the opposition. Would Cucurella react the same way if he’s booed by Arsenal fans? Why would he, it would be very random. I think Saturday genuinely shocked him, I honestly think he thought he was going to return and get a standing ovation, in a bizarre way it getting to him like it clearly did kinda show he cared.
I was only talking of ex Albion players or Palace connections tbf. eg people tend to boo Grealish but I'd find that odd if Albion fans did and odder still if he cared less!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was only talking of ex Albion players or Palace connections tbf. eg people tend to boo Grealish but I'd find that odd if Albion fans did and odder still if he cared less!
We did boo Grealish every game against us after his last minute goal robbed us of the Championship, and he celebrated like Villa had been promoted, didn’t we.

The twonk was so badly affected that he then proceeded to score against us in virtually every game against Villa. Not been that successful since he went to City though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cucerella is still only 24 years old and, when he came to Brighton he talked about how hard it was for him and his family to settle in and how much support the club had given in this area. As a consequence of the work people at the club put in, he settled quickly and had a storming first season, and we really shouldn't try to claim he didn't.

However, whilst on that upward spiral he made the mistake of believing his agent, and instead of consolidating what he had, got talked into trying another huge step in a very short space of time. I think he'll struggle but will eventually come good, whether with Chelsea or possibly someone else a bit later in his career.

I don't wish him any harm and hope things work out for him, but would like Solly to take him apart every time he plays against us.

I'm afraid, Marc, that's the choice you made, and you got the focus for GP and crew and for me, the Paul Winstanley stuff, so stand up and take it like a man. Saturday may make you a better player or may not, but it was your choice

BBBOOOooooooo :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This made me chuckle

I assume the upside down calculator glued to the wall in the background is to work out the interest gained on his wages during the photoshoot ?

That or for someone to spell out boobless or mercenary using entirely numeric characters.

Or maybe Cucu is hanging upside down to give his hair more volume ?

Good stuff nonetheless.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
We did boo Grealish every game against us after his last minute goal robbed us of the Championship, and he celebrated like Villa had been promoted, didn’t we.

The twonk was so badly affected that he then proceeded to score against us in virtually every game against Villa. Not been that successful since he went to City though.
haha oh yes, poor example by me. Forgot about that but then i wasn't as bothered as many re the title vs jsut promotion.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
MC certainly didn't deserve any of the boos. He left pre-Potter in a routine transfer. Trouble for him is that he isn't playing with a centre back pairing anywhere near as good as Dunk and Webster or a wing back support as good as that which we have. I feel sorry for him but feel in Purvis Estupinan we have a better player.

Loving it me!

TNBA

TTF

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He probably would have got a standing ovation had Potter and co had stayed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here