Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve got a quiet day today, was going to spend it looking at flightradar but doesn’t look like we’re quite ready for the chase yet

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve got a quiet day today, was going to spend it looking at flightradar but doesn’t look like we’re quite ready for the chase yet

You can come round and do some glossing if you want.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Why do you assume he wanted to sign for the Albion?

We don't why he chose Southampton.
We don't know what it would have taken to bring him to Brighton.
We don't know if that was ever possible.
We don't know what caveats Chelsea insisted upon.

How can the club drop a ball that it might never have wanted to catch once the 'game' started?

This in absolute bucketloads. Spot on

The club isn’t without fault in certain aspects (no club is) ….. but to claim they have dropped a ball with a transfer without knowing anything about it is clueless.

Player club was interested in chose another club … it happens. Some people need to move on rather than blaming the club without any facts

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
You'll be able to chart my desperation to do anything but glossing as I cling onto NSC, as opposed to the alternative.

Really? You seem to have glossed over the epic substitutions made by our manager at the weekend pretty well... :whistle:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

How can the club drop a ball that it might never have wanted to catch once the 'game' started?

THIS! The way some on here talk about our transfer targets and negotiations like they are the chief scout and then in the middle of the negotiations themselves is very funny.

Fiskmås

I don’t know anything about transfers but his wife just gave birth, so that’s more likely to be what’s holding this up, than the club holding out for a better deal, imo.

I think this is spot on. And you couldn't blame a young family for postponing a move one season altogether if they're reasonably happy with where they're at at the moment either (considering that you know the doctors, the whole post natal care process in full swing, you have a family and a social support system etc). Yes, the money would be better, but he's young and still have plenty of time to make his millions, and I don't think they have problems putting food at the table at the moment.

If I'd suggested to my wife that we'd move to a new country two weeks after having either of out two children I probably wouldn't be alive to write this.

I've been secretly hoping that Jordan Larsson, Henrik's son, would be our under-the-radar signing this summer from Spartak Moskva (a long shot, I know). But same story there, had his first child not even two weeks ago and not going anywhere.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

There were enough ITK sources to suggest we had the ball in our hands. ...

Really hope it was a case of him choosing saints. Begs the question whyyyyy though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yep!

But

I'm still convinced the club have dropped a massive ball with livramento judging by how good he looks. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I kinda get what you mean, but I don't really see it as dropping the ball, more refusing to pick it up because although in the short term it'll be nice owning the ball, ultimately you'll have to give it back to the bigger boys

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I kinda get what you mean, but I don't really see it as dropping the ball, more refusing to pick it up because although in the short term it'll be nice owning the ball, ultimately you'll have to give it back to the bigger boys
I know I keep banging this drum..... But are you honestly telling me that you would sacrifice signing the next Gareth Bale because after a couple of seasons of absolute joy and brilliant performances for us we would have to give him back.

On that basis we should never have signed Wayne bridge.

I'm not having it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know I keep banging this drum..... But are you honestly telling me that you would sacrifice signing the next Gareth Bale because after a couple of seasons of absolute joy and brilliant performances for us we would have to give him back.

On that basis we should never have signed Wayne bridge.

I'm not having it.

Yeah it would grate to turn a potentially good player into a superstar and have to give him back to a club who could be a rival, just ask Leeds fans :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There were enough ITK sources to suggest we had the ball in our hands. ...

Really hope it was a case of him choosing saints. Begs the question whyyyyy though.

Well, the clubs of are similar standing, in similar location (in terms of being able to travel to see family, etc), and you'd imagine that we could offer similar wages.

IF both clubs made him comparable financial offers, and he chose to go there, then my assumption would be that the driving factor was the likehood of starting Premier League matches. I believe they will have made him promises on that, beyond what we would have been prepared to make. The lad grew up with Lamptey, so knows just how good he is. The Saints squad is absolutely threadbare right now (despite you lauding their supposed transfer success) so far more immediate openings for him (ignoring our current short term right back 'crisis').

the reason I believe that Saints have agreed to promise him starts, is that despite their squad being woefully thin at the back, the best (and most highly-rated) of their remaining defenders is actual the right back, Kyle Walker Peters. That they started Livramento over him on Saturday, was surely to fulfil an agreement reached when he chose to sign.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 hour and 12 minutes later and I'm changed into my glossing clothes!!!

No more distractions please.

(Please please distract me)

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yeah it would grate to turn a potentially good player into a superstar and have to give him back to a club who could be a rival, just ask Leeds fans [emoji38]ol:
Yer as much as I pray we could ever become a direct rival to Chelsea I fear my prayers may go unanswered as long as the Russian is there :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Me not so, cover for Lamptey, which could be March, to free up Veltman as a CB and a new LB is the limit of my expectations. We don’t do PL ready young strikers, I now accept this :smile:

Though arguably it was a bit foolish (IMO) to send Ostigard out on loan, as you then have Veltman as cover and March can continue to do his excellent work as LWB.

If we truly have top half ambitions then we will need the forward who is different to Maupay, with good mobility.

The type you need to pay for….. if top half is more if a dream, an we’re comfortable between 16th and 11th, that’s fine as well.

I think Nunez would be good but perhaps something else is ongoing and we’ve never heard of the player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

Yeah could have been anything.

My guess is the buyback clauses that seem to have been inserted in all the outgoing Chelsea players’ contracts.

I wish they’d ban buyback clauses. The big clubs get to have their cake and eat it too. Money is not an issue for them. Just re-sign all the players that do well.

It just seems off, to me…

Regardless I currently have an unhealthy obsession with Livramento. Like no other player we’ve been linked with. Kid looks amazing to me. And I am gutted we didn’t bag him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here