Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hi, where do I go for the Cucurella thread? I think the Livramento one has been labelled incorrectly. Ta.

- Ha ! the latest on Cucurella is expectation in Spain that this will go through before end of window (Argus)
- The club president for Getafe is holding out for best possible deal. (Argus/Brian Owen/Spanish radio)
- His new baby / Olympics has held things up. (his social)
- Some reports that Albion prepared to pay release fee. (Sport/Spanish tabloid)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Buy back clauses are only for young players unless I’m mistaken, he must of cost millions in his first move away from Chelsea.

Two parties (club 1 and club 2) can enter into a contract how they like irrespective of the age of the player being transferred.

They were less common then. Or at least, their existence wasn't publicly known

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Two parties (club 1 and club 2) can enter into a contract how they like irrespective of the age of the player being transferred.

They were less common then. Or at least, their existence wasn't publicly known

Didn't Liverpool have a buy back option on Kevin Keegan when he joined Hamburg.Im sure at the time he joined Southampton the Liverpool manager was asked about it and he said something like" we had the option to buy him, but he wanted to go to saints, they wanted their little bit of theatre (Kegan was a big surprise signing, no one knew about it till he walked out from behind a curtain at a press conference) so we agreed not to say anything"

Back in the days where things like that could be kept quiet.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think a lot of teams on the continent are skint, we could well get him but at their end the chairman is trying to drum up an auction before the end of the window.

Think there'll be a lot of business done at the end of the window by the whole market.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Isn't a release clause where the auction begins?

No a release clause is a set amount that if a club meet then the player has to be told of the offer and is free to talk to that club about a move. There is no auction, or trying to push up the fee as it doesn’t make sense for a buying club to pay more than the release clause as the selling club have no choice but to accept if the player agrees to the move.

The only auction would be if more than one club met the release clause fee and that auction would favour the player as it would be over his personal terms. The selling club wouldn’t benefit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Veltman came here for a release fee, I think that was peculiar though in that was a low release fee, if the interested club was a PL club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Veltman came here for a release fee, I think that was peculiar though in that was a low release fee, if the interested club was a PL club.

That situation was a bit special. He was supposed to move in 2018 but got injured, then again in 2019 but they sold De Ligt and didnt want to let him leave. With his contract ending in June 2020 and with no intentions to renew it, he and the club made what was a bit of gentlemans agreement from both sides: he agreed to stay and extend (and improve) his deal with one additional year, while the club agreed to give him that low release fee. Both sides won: Veltman got a bit more pay and his move abroad, the club got his full attention for another year and a small fee instead of him leaving for free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here