Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Why? Wasn’t it reported the other week he’s been offered an improved deal? If he signed a new deal with a pay increase putting him in line with our top earners that wouldn’t be unreasonable and would make no difference to him leaving in 12-18 months time. In fact they could put a release clause in the contract (£75mill would be nice �� )

An improved contract is not out of the question at all. In the case of Cucurella, and despite everything we think we know about our club's negotiating strategy, TB/Board could agree to a release clause. A £75m figure would be suitably impressive/provocative and would also create a lovely bit of transfer market competition... calling Camp Nou.

In fact, make Cucurella the best paid player in the club's history in order to motivate him and his representatives. Would also demonstrate our commitment to his development.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
6647D78E-E0C3-4D99-ABE3-F054526626D0.jpg

Agent playing silly buggers shocker #letsmakeithappen

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Why? Wasn’t it reported the other week he’s been offered an improved deal? If he signed a new deal with a pay increase putting him in line with our top earners that wouldn’t be unreasonable and would make no difference to him leaving in 12-18 months time. In fact they could put a release clause in the contract (£75mill would be nice 👌 )

well thats one way to really piss off a potential new employer. "I know you could have had me for 50-55m but I just signed this contract which means you have to pay 75m but I still really want to come!"

Cucu isn't stupid enough for that and if he wants to join City (and I can't see why he wouldn't) he'll take advice from his agent and not the nonsense thats taking place on here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
View attachment 150191

Agent playing silly buggers shocker #letsmakeithappen

Is that for real ?

If so, I'm seriously pissed off with Cucurella and his leaching agent. That is hugely disrespectful.

[edit]

Just realised its Cucurellas initials on the shirts, not City's training top :facepalm:

As you were.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is that for real ?

If so, I'm seriously pissed off with Cucurella and his leaching agent. That is hugely disrespectful.
It's a birthday re-use of a picture from earlier in the summer promoting a Marc Cucurella football camp or academy. In the original there is a big pic of Cucu in the background in his albion kit.

The MC on the t-shirts is not referring to Man City.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
An improved contract is not out of the question at all. In the case of Cucurella, and despite everything we think we know about our club's negotiating strategy, TB/Board could agree to a release clause. A £75m figure would be suitably impressive/provocative and would also create a lovely bit of transfer market competition... calling Camp Nou.

In fact, make Cucurella the best paid player in the club's history in order to motivate him and his representatives. Would also demonstrate our commitment to his development.

Bit wishful thinking, I think.

I really, really struggle to see him being in Brighton when the transfer window closes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that for real ?

[edit]

Just realised its Cucurellas initials on the shirts, not City's training top :facepalm:

As you were.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good witch-hunt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's a birthday re-use of a picture from earlier in the summer promoting a Marc Cucurella football camp or academy.

The MC on the t-shirts is not referring to Man City.

Yeah, realised that when I looked at the Instagram page. I just need to calm the f down a bit.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Realistically he will want to leave, we all know that. Hopefully he will remain professional if we choose not to sell but he’s not a Brighton fan and no matter how happy he is here it’s Man City, it’s Twatuardiola and it’s champions league football bla bla bla

What annoys me more is how big teams low ball offer to unsettle players, just piss off

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Any manager who talks about another teams player in an attempt to unsettle them is a c**t in my book. I just hope Bloom is adding £5m to whatever price he has in mind every time that f*ckstick opens his mouth.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Off topic as I didn’t want to start a thread for what could be a simple answer. Does anyone know where all the name stones have gone from outside the West stand. It’s all tarmac now, have the stones been relocated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Bit wishful thinking, I think.

I really, really struggle to see him being in Brighton when the transfer window closes.

I do to, if City meet the club's valuation. However, keeping a player wanted by the Champions (and keeping him happy/motivated) requires some thinking along the lines suggested imho.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
well thats one way to really piss off a potential new employer. "I know you could have had me for 50-55m but I just signed this contract which means you have to pay 75m but I still really want to come!"

Cucu isn't stupid enough for that and if he wants to join City (and I can't see why he wouldn't) he'll take advice from his agent and not the nonsense thats taking place on here.

Eh?? I’m talking about a scenario where no deal with City is reached (which is highly likely seeing as we’re £20mill+ apart) so they wouldn’t be a potential new employer.
If he’s going to stay he’s not going to say no to a big pay increase if he knows he can still move on to a City or Barca in the future.
12-18 months down the line when he’s a full international and the most sought after left back on the planet £75mill won’t seem like a lot to City and they wouldn’t think twice about paying it

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Off topic as I didn’t want to start a thread for what could be a simple answer. Does anyone know where all the name stones have gone from outside the West stand. It’s all tarmac now, have the stones been relocated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, that really is off topic! Don’t know, though.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Eh?? I’m talking about a scenario where no deal with City is reached (which is highly likely seeing as we’re £20mill+ apart) so they wouldn’t be a potential new employer.
If he’s going to stay he’s not going to say no to a big pay increase if he knows he can still move on to a City or Barca in the future.
12-18 months down the line when he’s a full international and the most sought after left back on the planet £75mill won’t seem like a lot to City and they wouldn’t think twice about paying it

So we pay him what hes on now for 12-18 months and still ask for 75m when bids come in
or
we double his wages for the next 12-18 months and still ask for 75m when bids come in

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Ben White signed a new deal after we turned down £30M from Leeds then went for £50M 12 months later ?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
So we pay him what hes on now for 12-18 months and still ask for 75m when bids come in
or
we double his wages for the next 12-18 months and still ask for 75m when bids come in

What? Are you being deliberately obstinate? I didn’t say double his wages, I suggested a wage increase as he’s proved to be one of our top players. Is that unreasonable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here