Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s really poor from them. I can actually see it ****ing Tony off to the point where he won’t do business with them at all…….(or set the price so stupidly high for them deals won’t happen)

Can't see that happening. My experience of successful people in business is that you can shag their grandmother, then go back with a good deal an hour later and they will bite your hand off. (Metaphorically speaking :blush:)

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Can't see that happening. My experience of successful people in business is that you can shag their grandmother, then go back with a good deal an hour later and they will bite your hand off. (Metaphorically speaking :blush:)

Tony's issue with Brentford's chairman suggests he's not always that quick to forgive and forget.

Although in this case I agree, if Man City offer what want we will sell regardless of their conduct.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I’d bet that hand would stink as well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Tony's issue with Brentford's chairman suggests he's not always that quick to forgive and forget.

Although in this case I agree, if Man City offer what want we will sell regardless of their conduct.

We did a fairly decent bit of transfer business with Brentford only 3 years ago.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I don’t think we should lose sight of the fact that even if he went today the season starts in 2 weeks so the clock is running down for us to replace him.

Because of that the more City piss about the more I can see us pulling up the drawbridge on this move

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If he goes to Citeh will he get much game time?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Would that be the same Brentford we bought Neal Maupay from ? :wink:

*edit* Just seen, beaten to it above

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If they only want to pay £30M, come back when he has 12 months of contract left.
City fans seem to be on board with their clubs valuation, personally, if we had paid over £40M for Nathan Ake, who I think had a year of contract left with just relegated Bournemouth, and were 2 seasons later trying to get Cucurella, player of the season, four years left on his contract with just had their best PL season ever Brighton, I think I would have questions if they walked away without making an offer close to £50M.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep Marc is now refusing to play in any more pre season friendlies so effectively going on strike to force the move!!... :(

I know. This was on Tuesday. You can see the tears, frustrations and him just refusing to do anything and downing tools in this photo.

I mean just look how gutted he is at still being in Lancing.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 09-42-51 Gallery Warm weather training... in Lancing.png

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Happy Birthday Cucu! :birthday:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yeah I know the reason Andy Naylor is seen as someone with a bunch of knowledge is because he's been around for a long time and is a part of the psychological inbreeding but Brighton is a part of the international football community now and few of the agents - the far most common source - are based in the city (or even England), meaning a journalist with international connections is probably able to find out a whole lot more about what is going on in Albion than the local dog.

Of course Naylor has some sources in the club meaning he can get some vague injury news and stuff but when it comes to transfer activity there's nothing that points at the club sharing any real information with him and until the day he's actually the first to report that a bid has been made or recieved or similar, I see no reason to change that stance. Personally I really really struggle to understand how people can be so sure that someone who works as a journalist without ever revealing anything actually got inside knowledge on anything of importance. The day he is first with any kind of transfer business, I'll gladly eat my words.

Man, I bet you take your coffee really bitter.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Guardiola has form in talking openly about trying to buy other teams players. It's an arrogant approach. I personally have never liked him and seen nothing to change that view. He' has a very nice persona until something goes against him. If I was Bloom/Barber I'd be telling Citeh in no uncertain terms if there is any direct quotes from Guardiola or indeed anyone else from their club, to the press or Twitter twats, that can be deemed a deliberate act to unsettle one of our contracted players, then we will not enter in any dialogue.

And we don't need any joke bids, as we just let it be known our end we laughed about the audacity of it. We all know who won't be blinking first.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Happy Birthday Cucu! :birthday:

Clever Man City.

Log a bid which you know will be rejected. Probably with a "Are you MAD. He's got ages left on his contract and he's TWENTY THREE".

Cue Man City calling up today "So....now he's 24...."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here