Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
In reality, Atleti are one of the biggest clubs in Spain. The combination of wanting to play International football on top of Champions League football and a chance to retain the La Liga title in your home country is clearly a lot more enticing than anything we could say to him. If the Olympics weren't happening, maybe we'd have had this done a month ago. If it gets over the line, fantastic signing. If it doesn't, I'm sure there's another Plan hanging around somewhere for us to proceed with.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In reality, Atleti are one of the biggest clubs in Spain. The combination of wanting to play International football on top of Champions League football and a chance to retain the La Liga title in your home country is clearly a lot more enticing than anything we could say to him. If the Olympics weren't happening, maybe we'd have had this done a month ago. If it gets over the line, fantastic signing. If it doesn't, I'm sure there's another Plan hanging around somewhere for us to proceed with.

Athletico have two young left backs, Lodi (23) & Sanchez (20) valued together on transfermarkt at £30m as well as Trippier who can play in that position.

I’m not so sure that young Cucumberella will want that amount of competition.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Athletico have two young left backs, Lodi (23) & Sanchez (20) valued together on transfermarkt at £30m as well as Trippier who can play in that position.

I thought Trippier was on his way back to England? Or at least wants to come back. Not sure if that's relevant.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019

I can't see Cucurella taking the LB spot from Lodi (a fantastic LB) or the LWB/LM spot from Carrasco. So if Atletico do buy him, he'll be more of squad player than first team regular. Of course, a lot of players would still prefer to play as a backup in the La Liga winners squad (and with the change to get Champions League football) than play week in week out for a club in England that finished near the relegation zone. Hopefully he prefers the latter though and can see the potential this club has!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
2+2 might = 5 here but surely the Getafe friendly is likely to be significant? We went from European giants to Getafe there has to be a reason for that surely? If nothing else it suggests we've been in discussions for some time?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So Atleti are interested, so what? Have they made a bid? Roma were supposedly interested too, apparently he preferred Brighton. Fwiw i think this is probably a done deal, waiting for the lad to come back from the Olympics before a medical and signing, much like Arsenal had to wait for Ben White. The friendly isn't a coincidence in my opinion.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
We must have a decent understanding with getafe seeing as we’ve played them a couple of times recently in fact I’d be surprised if we haven’t already signed him and just wanted to wait until the white deal went through to give the fans a boost after a big loss of a player

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Some Portuguese journo saying it's almost done for €18m on Twitter, apologies no idea how to link via Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Doesn't seem expensive at all to me. I think so roughly with Mwepu and Scherpen.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

And received around £60m tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knows a move is imminent and is trying to preserve his fitness OBVIOUSLY!

True, not wanting to be booed at the Amex after 15 mins of his Albion debut at the Amex.. Keeping his powder dry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here