Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
never felt confident when it appeared in argus then went deathly quiet .

Could be more of the agent thing

At least we know we are looking at LWB

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Well I'm currently in isolation having tested positive on Monday, so I can't smell a thing. Hope you're right however!

I hope I'm right too.

Get well soon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's one bloke on twitter. Getafe's president said they've had an offer from a Premier league club and Cucurella wants to join. I'm still confident we'll get him.

I’m with you on this. No need to cry until the milk is actually spilt.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Some randomer on Twitter says Atleti are interested and all of a sudden it's game over for us and our transfer policy is "sickening" :lolol:

Personally I won’t take much notice of a tweet from not a well known journalist source , only 2000 followers . Not enough to have real credibility. Needs to have at least 10,000 followers .

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I didn't think this was news that they were interested in him, that's been mentioned before. But haven't heard anything else about it until that twitter post. Which i haven't translated. Is it saying they've bid or just interested? If its only interest, does that really change anything?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I didn't think this was news that they were interested in him, that's been mentioned before. But haven't heard anything else about it until that twitter post. Which i haven't translated. Is it saying they've bid or just interested? If its only interest, does that really change anything?

It says he's definitely leaving Getafe and a Premier League club is after him but they're not ruling out an offer from Atlético Madrid. The tweet was posted by some bloke with 2000 followers so lacks any kind of credibility and doesn't tell us anything new anyway.

Last edited:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It says he's definitely leaving Getafe and a Premier League club is after him but they're not ruling out an offer from Atlético Madrid. The tweet was posted by some bloke with 2000 followers so lacks any kind of credibility and doesn't tell us anything knew anyway.

To be honest I thought that was pretty much exactly where we were already. I'm not overly worried about that post, but I'm trying not to get excited unless it gets confirmed.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It says he's definitely leaving Getafe and a Premier League club is after him but they're not ruling out an offer from Atlético Madrid. The tweet was posted by some bloke with 2000 followers so lacks any kind of credibility and doesn't tell us anything knew anyway.

It also says Getafe have lined up his replacement, Jorge de Frutos from Levante.

This tweet, along with the Getafe president's previous comments regarding our interest makes me think he's as good as ours.

The inclusion of Atleti in the tweet looks like an after thought to sex it up a bit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some randomer on Twitter says Atleti are interested and all of a sudden it's game over for us and our transfer policy is "sickening" :lolol:

I give up with NSC sometimes - 2,000 followers :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well apparently we didn’t meet the release clause being prudent and taking the piss are to different things.

Source?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is anyone really surprised that this rumoured transfer didn't come off? I don't think he was ever coming anywhere near us...but at least it looks as if we were
in the running I suppose.
I felt the same way about the Argie, he was playing in the South America cup and seemed to make up his mind way to quickly to go to a manager less side with no idea who his team mates might be.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Thanks. Other than taste and smell I have no symptoms, so frustratingly I'm stuck inside despite feeling fine. Hence why I'm posting even more speculative transfer updates on here than usual!

Being pedantic here, but loss of taste and/or smell is one of the main symptoms. But good to know you feel okay.

The positive being you’ll be all clear for the start of the season!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Being pedantic here, but loss of taste and/or smell is one of the main symptoms. But good to know you feel okay.

The positive being you’ll be all clear for the start of the season!

Well yes, it's not great, but I just feel lucky that I'm not sat in bed feeling like someone has **** in my head and I can still do work/admin. And yes, glad I'll most probably be recovered by the time the Albion are back, and I'll hopefully get to watch Cucurella/our new striker in person!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, let me get this right.

If an anonymous twitter account with 2,000 followers and no evidence,says that a player we are supposedly interested in, is going to another club, we believe every single word.

If an anonymous twitter account with 2,000 followers and no evidence,says that a player will be joining us, we don’t believe a word.

Have I got this right?

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Did anyone stick that in google translate…

Cucurella will leave the @GetafeCF. The Premier bets on the Catalan but a final offer from @Atleti is not ruled out. His replacement will be De Frutos. Getafe will pay 8 million for 50% of the @LevanteUD player pass.

So I take that as we are still in with a shout. Not that I believe that account knows much.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So, let me get this right.

If an anonymous twitter account with 2,000 followers and no evidence,says that a player we are supposedly interested in, is going to another club, we believe every single word.

If an anonymous twitter account with 2,000 followers and no evidence,says that a player will be joining us, we don’t believe a word.

Have I got this right?

Yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here