Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not only Bloom. To some degree the price is set based on Cucu desire to play under Pep, his appetite should a deal be refused, the market and want City are willing to pay.

If City offer 10m under our 'asking price' and Cucu will be p##sed off if refused we would probably sell.

Lets get real, should City want the player they will make this happen!

You seem to be making as many assumptions about what will happen as everyone else.
Just different ones.

Bloom has demonstrated what he is prepared to settle for on several occasions
I would argue he has a far stronger hand now, than when he refused to sell Stephens to Burnley.
For a Player far more likely to be pissed off about it.

The argument that Bloom will play hardball in negotiations is evidence based.
But no one knows what will happen until it does

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is a very public test for Bloom. And big teams will certainly take note of the results.

One of the worst outcomes going forward is if the albion get a reputation that a big team can just come along and successfully low ball the fee on any transfer they want.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is a very public test for Bloom. And big teams will certainly take note of the results.

One of the worst outcomes going forward is if the albion get a reputation that a big team can just come along and successfully low ball the fee on any transfer they want.
If only you had read what the Arsenal hierarchy said about TB after the BW transfer, I don’t think you have to worry.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Give me one reason this would happen?

This thread is completely hysterical.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My hunch is that we'll sign Tagliafico and sell Cucurella in the next week or two. City got a big pile of cash coming in with the sales of Ake and Sterling. The big clubs like to get their transfer activity done early and this may well be what City have been waiting for.
To reiterate what I've said previously, we'll get somewhere between £50m and £60m for Cucurella, although the fee will be 'undisclosed'. That would be phenomenal business, given we spent c£15m on him less than a year ago, even more so if we get Tagliafico for the reported £3m.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My hunch is that we'll sign Tagliafico and sell Cucurella in the next week or two. City got a big pile of cash coming in with the sales of Ake and Sterling. The big clubs like to get their transfer activity done early and this may well be what City have been waiting for.
To reiterate what I've said previously, we'll get somewhere between £50m and £60m for Cucurella, although the fee will be 'undisclosed'. That would be phenomenal business, given we spent c£15m on him less than a year ago, even more so if we get Tagliafico for the reported £3m.

I agree , I think that’s a distinct possibility , £50m for Cucu plus adds on taking the overall fee to nearer £60. Tagliafico will cost nearer to £8 M I suspect but still brilliant business , as he looks very equipped to do well in the PL .

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Oh undoubtedly a strong position. However, the club have always said that they will not stand in the way of a move if it benefits the player and the club. Cucu obviously would give his right hand to play for city. It really is the stuff of dreams for him. Bloom may well want £60m. City may offer £30m. I can veery much see him going somewhere in between to suit all parties IF city actually make a bid.

Bloom isn’t a fortune teller. He can’t predict the market in 6months to a year. He can’t predict how Cucu will perform or what his injury stays will be. He may decide it makes business sense not to hold ransom here and accept a decent offer if it means he can reinvest and not have a potentially difficult player within a currently harmonious group.

To think it’s straight for and simple is naive. So many factors in this other than simply making city pay a price.

“If it benefits the player AND the club” being the salient points here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If I'm not wrong, TB's line has always been that they won't stand in a player's way if the price is right. Obviously it's not in the club's long-term interests to make players think we won't let them go on to (what they consider) better things. But we can't be held to ransom either. Cucurella and his agent signed a long contract and TB would be well within his rights to point that out.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
City can offer whatever they like, but that doesn’t mean that TB will meet them in the middle, that is laughable. Cucarella is worth more to us than Ben White and it’s City not Arsenal wanting our player. This is a £55-£60M deal. If that isn’t what City want to pay then they’ll need to find someone else.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
City can offer whatever they like, but that doesn’t mean that TB will meet them in the middle, that is laughable. Cucarella is worth more to us than Ben White and it’s City not Arsenal wanting our player. This is a £55-£60M deal. If that isn’t what City want to pay then they’ll need to find someone else.

Yes, exactly what I've been saying for ages. I think it's the upper part of that range too.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This thread is just going round in circles at the moment. What it needs is some Man City fans - reasonable or deluded, either is fine - to really get things going.

So any city fans reading, join in!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
so anytime anything is mentioned by any manchester schoolboy on twitter its all over nsc as gospel that he is signing for them, yet when Naylor, and the Athletic ,are reporting talks with Cucurella about an improved and extended contract there is silence on here? Its like people want him to go and simply ignore anything suggesting he may stay

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
so anytime anything is mentioned by any manchester schoolboy on twitter its all over nsc as gospel that he is signing for them, yet when Naylor, and the Athletic ,are reporting talks with Cucurella about an improved and extended contract there is silence on here? Its like people want him to go and simply ignore anything suggesting he may stay
With me I don't want to let myself believe he will sign it until I see the fake signing a new contract pic posted by the club.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Suns out, was in the garden so missed that.
Good news if so

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here