Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Indeed, it’s quite stunning that this thread is closing in on 0.5 million views. Go out and enjoy the sun everyone.

Ha ! i'm off on holiday soon . In the sun. Where i'll be enjoying it. Where i fully intend to lie down on a sun lounger, use the free wifi and read NSC every day. (and lots of other Albion stuff )

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We hope this we hope that! The fans love him, the players love him, bloom loves him blah blah blah.

No bid exists so far.

If City do want him they will bid and they WILL get him.

It's really not has complicated as its being made out to be. He is literally only still a Brighton player because no bid has been made. It has nothing to do with bloom/lizard the master poker player tactician!

Who will be setting the price then ?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We hope this we hope that! The fans love him, the players love him, bloom loves him blah blah blah.

No bid exists so far.

If City do want him they will bid and they WILL get him.

It's really not has complicated as its being made out to be. He is literally only still a Brighton player because no bid has been made. It has nothing to do with bloom/lizard the master poker player tactician!

WILL get him if they meet Brighton’s valuation.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Leeds needed the money to reinvest (massively). We don’t necessarily. Leeds need to do their business early doors, we don’t necessarily.

As Naylor says, if City want him, it’s £50m+. I happen to believe TB is really digging his heals in here. Sadly, I think City will pay it if Pep really wants Cucu (why wouldn’t he?).
We don’t need to reinvest after two major players have departed? (If Cucurella goes) I would say the opposite.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If it’s going to happen let’s hope it happens soon so that we can get Tagliafico in quickly as a replacement. Allows both us and City to bed in our new players and us use some of the profits on another player to bolster the squad. Maybe Mohamed Camara.
Obviously if City don’t meet our valuation, again let’s find that out quickly.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Leeds needed the money to reinvest (massively). We don’t necessarily. Leeds need to do their business early doors, we don’t necessarily.

As Naylor says, if City want him, it’s £50m+. I happen to believe TB is really digging his heals in here. Sadly, I think City will pay it if Pep really wants Cucu (why wouldn’t he?).

City have history of spending £60m+ for defenders.
No reason why we should sell our player of the season, with 4 years left on his contract for anything less.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
City have history of spending £60m+ for defenders.
No reason why we should sell our player of the season, with 4 years left on his contract for anything less.

Ben White was PotS, with 4 years left on his contract and homegrown and he went for £50m. You could take the view that our history suggests £50m is enough.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ben White was PotS, with 4 years left on his contract and homegrown and he went for £50m. You could take the view that our history suggests £50m is enough.

We didn't need Ben White. Our defence was just fine without him. Losing Cucu would weaken us hugely. We need more money to let him go

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

We had cover for BenWhite - he wasn't replaced.
You could argue we need £70m+ to be in a comparable position when Cucurella goes.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If it’s going to happen let’s hope it happens soon so that we can get Tagliafico in quickly as a replacement. Allows both us and City to bed in our new players and us use some of the profits on another player to bolster the squad. Maybe Mohamed Camara.
Obviously if City don’t meet our valuation, again let’s find that out quickly.
Is that the Taliafico who doesn't want to go anywere that doesn't offer him CL football? Good luck with that one, then!

(Of course, if no-one comes in he might have to change his mind).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The club always say they have a list of options for each player and key staff in case they move on… so shouldn’t be to difficult if he moves on as we already have a list of possible replacements ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club always say they have a list of options for each player and key staff in case they move on… so shouldn’t be to difficult if he moves on as we already have a list of possible replacements ?
We would have a list from last summer of alternatives and maybe some on that list are actually more "gettable" this summer - especially with a big incoming fee.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Who will be setting the price then ?

Not only Bloom. To some degree the price is set based on Cucu desire to play under Pep, his appetite should a deal be refused, the market and want City are willing to pay.

If City offer 10m under our 'asking price' and Cucu will be p##sed off if refused we would probably sell.

Lets get real, should City want the player they will make this happen!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not only Bloom. To some degree the price is set based on Cucu desire to play under Pep, his appetite should a deal be refused, the market and want City are willing to pay.

If City offer 10m under our 'asking price' and Cucu will be p##sed off if refused we would probably sell.

Lets get real, should City want the player they will make this happen!
Bloom sets the price for sure.

There is no scenario in which he would be pushed around and low balled on the fee.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder if we're heading for a disappointment ................ fees seem to be low-balling at the moment, so maybe the transfer bubble has statrted to burst. Kalvin Phillips, England international with the English premium gone for £42-£45M. Leeds, or Leeds fans anyway, must have been expecting £60 or £70M, or even more. A Brazilian international prolific striker and multiple trophy winner goes from one big six club to another for £45M. Tielemanns goes from Leicester for about the same price as Bissouma.
Another Brazilian international (albeit a slightly faded one) goes from United to Fulham for a paltry £10M, and Argentine international Nicolas Tagliafico that we may or may not be interested in apparantly only wants to go to a CL club - and he's available for ~£5M apparantly!

So that £60-£70M we were dreaming about for Cucu (and yes, I know that's purely fan speculation, nothing to do with TB's views or the club') - maybe the 'going rate' is now more like £35-£45M. Now, whether TB accepts, say £45M as an offer that can't be refused in this current climate - or whether he just decides no thanks, we'll just keep Cucu - I have absolutey no idea! Whatever happens, I'm now thiinking that one way or another we won't be selling Cucu for £60M plus any time this summer.

Very good point. And I'm sure that some of the people proposing transfer fees of 50, 60, 70 million for Cucu have also complained in the past about too much money 'ruining football'. So if he goes for less than 50m, or even less than 40m, I'm sure they'll all be pleased that an element of sanity has returned to transfer fees.

On the other hand I'm sure they won't though! :)

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Bloom sets the price for sure.

There is no scenario in which he would be pushed around and low balled on the fee.

indeed he will. if it makes business sense he will accept a reduced fee. we have to stop putting Bloom up on a pedestal. Sure he will get close to what he wants but he may have to concede something, to think otherwise is just unrealistic and naive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Not too difficult you say, really? Cucu is the best left back to play for the club in many a long year, and you think we can easily find a replacement, just like that?

I'm afraid l don't agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here