Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mandatory jabs for Nhs staff and care workers.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
................... they could make my life so unliveable through restricting my freedoms that I'd have to take it... but if they're to do that, they may as well just make it a legal requirement for everyone to have it and then they'd get more or less 100%.
Seems reasonable enough.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Scotland announced yesterday that it will be required for "Any event, of any nature, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance".

I imagine that England will absolutely follow that lead and so it will affect outdoor venues, particularly top flight football stadiums.

They might but by no means certain especially as there are a lot of Tory MPs opposed to any "passport" restrictions and Boris will not want to be seen following Nicola. In any case the different UK Nations have had different rules all through the pandemic.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The plans the govt have for October relate to crowded indoor venues like nightclubs. They have never suggested outdoor venues. Having said that I can see that logically the amex concourses might qualify but I imagine that would be a decision for the club.

So why this from the club website ?

‘ In anticipation of likely mandatory stadium entry requirements from 1 October 2021, we will be requesting proof of COVID status for entry to the Amex with immediate effect.’

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ice-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season

You might disagree with it but you cannot claim that outdoor venues have never been mentioned. They would come under the heading ‘venues with large crowds.’

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So perhaps the government should just legally enforce vaccination instead, then people would have no choice.

If nobody had a choice, we would then have a near 100% vaccinated population.
Apart from genuine medical reasons for exemption, I wouldn't mind. One of the worst mistakes the government made - apart from not throwing the book at Scummings, and not hanging him out to dry - was (due I suspect to Boris' horror of the word 'must') allowing mask exemptions in shops; it should have been made compulsory - no mask, no entry; get somebody else to do your shopping for you. No exceptions.

So, in answer to the question, I'd have no problem with compulsory vaccination.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Typical lefty nonsense, they will be forcing doctors to clean their hands before operating on patients mandatory next, it's political correctness gone mad if you ask me.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
So why this from the club website ?

‘ In anticipation of likely mandatory stadium entry requirements from 1 October 2021, we will be requesting proof of COVID status for entry to the Amex with immediate effect.’

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ice-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season

You might disagree with it but you cannot claim that outdoor venues have never been mentioned. They would come under the heading ‘venues with large crowds.’

You misunderstood me. I'm not against it at all merely pretty sure the govt has always been briefing about indoor venues. I would be happy if they did include football stadiums. I definitely do disagree that they would simply follow Scotland.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
So perhaps the government should just legally enforce vaccination instead, then people would have no choice.

If nobody had a choice, we would then have a near 100% vaccinated population.

I think it would be better if they just mandated large businesses to vaccinate their workers and then impose extreme fines on those businesses that refuse to do so. Biden has the right idea....No need to impose government mandated vaccinations on the people directly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You would have people lose their jobs because they don't want the vaccine?

This post-covid pandemic hysteria has resulted in people becoming authoritarian maniacs in their own terrified paranoid dystopian heads.

People need to calm the **** down.

Yes. I don’t want to go into theatre or be nursed by an unvaccinated person. If they don’t want the vaccine, they can get another job. There’s over a million vacancies at the moment.

We are not post Covid, nor is there hysteria.
For the record, I am not paranoid, having lived through two epidemics, survived other diseases prevalent in the 40s and 50s like TB, Meningitis and polio, which are all vastly reduced now by vaccination.

I am also quite calm, so don’t act all patronising, thinking you know better than anyone else.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you're an Accountant you're not allowed to say anything interesting
If you're an Actuary, you're not allowed to say anything at all
If you're an Estate Agent you have to wear a shiny suit two sizes too small
If you're a Developer you have to have no sex life

If you work in the NHS you should take reasonable steps to ensure you don't kill your patients

I really don't see what's so hard to understand :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here