Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mandatory jabs for Nhs staff and care workers.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
???

There are no plans to stop unvaccinated people going to the pub, restaurants or football.

Obviously.

And there never will be.

Yes, there are. Plans are in place and our football club believes they will be implemented on October 1st. We have a whole other thread on it.

There is no minority group.

Within a year, everybody will be unvaccinated. Unless they get vaccinated again. And again. For the rest of time.

So obviously there can be no restrictions for the unvaccinated, unless we create a bizarre world where covid vaccination becomes a routine, biannual thing we all have to do if we want to be free people.

...which it won't.

Why is that obvious ? You do have a tendency to start with what you want to happen then convince yourself it will happen. Yearly boosters are likely to be needed to keep the economy going so to dismiss the possibility of them happening is akin to sticking your head in the sand.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But no one forces you to travel to those destinations?

I am a firm believer in vaccination, but will vigorously argue against it being mandated. Perhaps in future employers should be allowed to demand vaccination as a condition of employment in specific sectors, but you should not be forced out of a job that you have already been doing for many years.

I had no choice on multiple vaccinations when I joined the forces, you either got them or you didn’t join up. As a chef, I had to also have a TABT jab every 3 years that guarded against TB, which, because of living conditions on ships was a particular hazard.
No one I knew ever refused one.
In fact , thinking about it, it was 2 jabs, 6 months apart.

And, I was only 16 at the time.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
And then I decide to pop over to BBC to keep track of the tennis. What is the headline news story?

Biden mandating 80 million American workers get the jab.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58508547

But naaah no discrimination against the unvaccinated eh? Never gonna happen eh?

Christ some people are thick.

I think there is just a certain type of person who cannot see outside their own narrow experience. He probably has very little experience of the world and dismisses anything that challenges his cosy assumptions about the way he wants things to be. Your real world experience of what is happening in Japan can be dismissed as it is too far away and outside his experience, hence he labels it ‘dystopian shite that can never happen.’ He actually sounds a little scared and prefers the comfort of familiarity. I reckon there are a lot of people like this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some good data out this morning showing how many more hospitalised are unvaccinated.

vaccinestats.JPG

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/me...vaccinated/ar-AAOgLA7?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531

It used to be "stay at home. protect the NHS". Now it's "get vaccinated, protect the NHS, have a normal life".

I'm genuinely unsure how anyone can be against this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had no choice on multiple vaccinations when I joined the forces, you either got them or you didn’t join up. As a chef, I had to also have a TABT jab every 3 years that guarded against TB, which, because of living conditions on ships was a particular hazard.

All emergency workers have to have typhoid tetanus and Hep B jabs.

I didn’t go to sea but had the TABT jab, and remember having the flu jab in 1968 as the Hong Kong flu epidemic raged. I’d already had it in December 1967, putting me in sick bay for over a week, so had a massive reaction to the jab, putting me in bed for 24 hours.

All schools gave the polio vaccine in the 1950s without any dissent from parents. It was a relief that their children weren’t in danger of ending up in iron lungs or walking with callipers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, but none of this dystopian shite you describe can or will happen.

The pandemic is all but over in this country. We have this flu season to get through, during which it's likely we'll see some restrictions again, but only face masks etc.

But enforcing mandatory vaccination in any form would cause severe social and economic issues. NHS and health workers excepted.

Vaccination Centres would have to become a new government department, as people would need to be vaccinated more than once per year in order to be free.

This is the poster who extolled the virtues of North Korea.

I have the flu jab every winter. The nurses at my GPs can vaccinate at a rate of three a minute. In one door and out the other. It slowed down to two a minute last October due to social distancing.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Sorry, but none of this dystopian shite you describe can or will happen.

The pandemic is all but over in this country. We have this flu season to get through, during which it's likely we'll see some restrictions again, but only face masks etc.

But enforcing mandatory vaccination in any form would cause severe social and economic issues. NHS and health workers excepted.

Vaccination Centres would have to become a new government department, as people would need to be vaccinated more than once per year in order to be free.

In reality, after this winter, there will be absolutely no restrictions ever again. What we are experiencing now is merely a push to get a few more people vaccinated before the flu season, nothing more than that.

The Indian cricket team don't appear to agree with your view concerning the pandemic being "all but over" in the UK, maybe it was a no ball...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58512624

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Your choice to do a job that demanded vaccination. Care workers etc may have been doing their job for twenty years, and suddenly a major change to their employment terms could be forced upon them.

I was probably in the first 15/20% to be double jabbed here so I have no qualms in recommending it to all. On the other hand I believe the only penalty for not having the jab should be the increased risk of catching the virus. Those that are concerned about the unvaccinated passing it on to others should make sure that they themselves keep their boosters up to date.

I realise there are vulnerable people who are currently unable to get vaccinated, but no one is forced to get a flu/measles/malaria and other jabs. These are all diseases that can kill vulnerable people too.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I agree should be encouraged, or even bribed to an extent, to take the vaccine to the people that haven't.

But threatening people with their jobs is a step too far though, imo. At the end of the day they are vaccines that have been rushed through trials and surely it's not acceptable to lawfully obligate people to put it into their bodies if they don't want to.

I haven't had the vaccine and they could make my life so unliveable through restricting my freedoms that I'd have to take it... but if they're to do that, they may as well just make it a legal requirement for everyone to have it and then they'd get more or less 100%.

You have inserted this anti vaxxer lie into the debate presumably in the hope that the unwary would read and believe it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Your choice to do a job that demanded vaccination. Care workers etc may have been doing their job for twenty years, and suddenly a major change to their employment terms could be forced upon them.

I was probably in the first 15/20% to be double jabbed here so I have no qualms in recommending it to all. On the other hand I believe the only penalty for not having the jab should be the increased risk of catching the virus. Those that are concerned about the unvaccinated passing it on to others should make sure that they themselves keep their boosters up to date.

I realise there are vulnerable people who are currently unable to get vaccinated, but no one is forced to get a flu/measles/malaria and other jabs. These are all diseases that can kill vulnerable people too.

There is currently no vaccine against malaria, it’s tablets.

I only mention this, as when I went to Kenya it was required of us to take anti malaria tablets, I can’t remember the exact regime but, I seem to recall that we took one tablet a week, 6 weeks prior to our arrival there, and one tablet a week for 6 weeks after. I had been in the RN for 7 years by then, I think I may have been severely sanctioned if I had refused to take the tablets.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You have inserted this anti vaxxer lie into the debate presumably in the hope that the unwary would read and believe it.

As I mentioned on another thread, I heard an interview with Dame Sarah Gilbert where she answered this particular lie. The vaccine is like the flu vaccine, it is a generic vaccine for all Covid diseases that is manipulated to combat the particular strain of the disease. As such, it was 75% already tested and certified by the relevant regulatory body’s. Also, a huge amount of money and resources were thrown at it world wide.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Yes, there are. Plans are in place and our football club believes they will be implemented on October 1st. We have a whole other thread on it.

Why is that obvious ? You do have a tendency to start with what you want to happen then convince yourself it will happen. Yearly boosters are likely to be needed to keep the economy going so to dismiss the possibility of them happening is akin to sticking your head in the sand.

The plans the govt have for October relate to crowded indoor venues like nightclubs. They have never suggested outdoor venues. Having said that I can see that logically the amex concourses might qualify but I imagine that would be a decision for the club.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
The plans the govt have for October relate to crowded indoor venues like nightclubs. They have never suggested outdoor venues. Having said that I can see that logically the amex concourses might qualify but I imagine that would be a decision for the club.

Scotland announced yesterday that it will be required for "Any event, of any nature, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance".

I imagine that England will absolutely follow that lead and so it will affect outdoor venues, particularly top flight football stadiums.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No, you can attend the Amex as an unvaccinated person with a passed Lateral Flow Test, just like all other events other than nightclubs for some reason.

And i'm sure that most of us have had experience of how unreliable the LFT actually are. My brother-in-law, clinically vulnerable, double-jabbed, failed a LFT. Immediately took a PCR test that came back clear. Fear & worry for no good reason. This is the scenario closest to me but I've heard of others. I wouldn't want to rely on a LFT.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm very pro-vaccination too, but surely not to the extent that you are given the horrible experience that you mentioned you've had with covid.

So out of interest, why shouldn't the government make the vaccination legally compulsary for all people, except for those exempt for health reasons?

Difficult to say why the government hasn't made it compulsory , in the peak 12 months more people died in the UK of COVID or it's consequences than died in any single year of WW2 so the situation should be deemed serious enough to take unusual measures.

I think we are in a more libertarian era where people cry out for their individual rights forgetting it is a collective society which has delivered the benefits to allow them to have those rights. IMO there should be no issues accepting vaccination against a disease which is threatening the stability of that collective society.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I mentioned on another thread, I heard an interview with Dame Sarah Gilbert where she answered this particular lie. The vaccine is like the flu vaccine, it is a generic vaccine for all Covid diseases that is manipulated to combat the particular strain of the disease. As such, it was 75% already tested and certified by the relevant regulatory body’s. Also, a huge amount of money and resources were thrown at it world wide.

The common cold is a form of corona virus.

This vaccine was already developing to tackle SARS (another variety of Corona) so Covid 19 dna was added to it, tested and found to be effective.

There really are some panic bosuns about.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

This vaccine was already developing to tackle SARS (another variety of Corona) so Covid 19 dna was added to it, tested and found to be effective.

This is how the flu vaccine works as well.

Every year it is a variation of flu, and every year the vaccine is altered to make it effective.

I can’t remember which year it was , but they did get it wrong one year and flu infections shot up by about 60%.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Presumably a nautical term and I know not it's meaning...but it made me chuckle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here