Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United

How much do you hate Manchester United?

• Total voters

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Disappointed theres no English club in the semis,but as a club I am completely ambivalent to them.
My hatred of their fans is confined to the three Hove based ones who went for me on a train from Selhurst a few years back after we drew with them.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I used to hate them. Then I lived in Manchester during the treble winning season and there was a huge buzz around the place. So now I'm ambivalent about them, and you have to agree they play great football. True, some of the players are cnuts of the highest order, the likes of van Nistelrooy, Barthez, Ronaldo; but most are good honest professionals or england stars.

The other thing is, if Utd were to lose all the time it would only result in Liverpool or Chelsea winning the league, who I hate far more; or Real Madrid or Barcelona in Europe, ditto.

As for the English thing, they have far far more British players than Liverpool, and look at all the fawning that went on when they won the cup.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wasn't El-Abd BORN in Sussex and only have ONE Egyptian parent?

Barnes-English (an Austrian grandparent isn't it?).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hate Man U with a passion - everything that's wrong with football stems from them.
The only time I don't want them to lose is when they're playing Chavski

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So Sir Bobby Charlton has no clue about football.

Interesting.

When has he ever proven he knows anything about football? He didn't exactly have a sparkling managerial career did he? Mind you, that goal he scored in the Actimel advert is f***ing banging.
I can understand why you're getting a tad worked up over this being a United fan and all though.

United are just a corporate business, set on selling as many shirts in London and China as possible. The Harlem Globetrotters of the EPL, without the talent.
I f***ing LOVE it when they lose.The image of a crying Manchester United "fan" is incredible. It's in the same bracket as crying Leeds/Newcastle/Liverpool fans, but they're getting a bit boring now..

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
They are an English team, this is where your point is daft, in my opinion. Find me a club in any country, in any league, where the entire team consists of players from that country. It's impossible. Barcelona are the best in the World right now, and their leading man is Agentinian.

I agree these days its pretty impossible to have a team with NO foreign players, but for example - Aston Villa - if it had been them last night I would have been hoping they got through as they consist generally of English players and represent (for me) an English club

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Most people down here hate Utd because of all the plastics and armchair fans who live down here. If you went to school in the 90's you would've had to put up with those twats every day.

I used to hate Utd for that reason, but then I grew up and realised that they're just the plastic armchair fans and they have no concept of what supporting a football club is like, therefore in football terms they are beneath me and should be ignored. I've also since met 'proper' utd fans, and they were good lads and they knew their stuff.

It's not as bad now because Arsenal and Chelsea have diluted who the plastics choose to support, and they've made it easier for people in sussex to claim some kind of family history in london - "my grandad stood on the shed/north bank" etc etc (yeah right :lolol:)

It's ok to hate Utd, you don't need to justify it, but to claim that they don't represent England is retarded. I think the Albion are representing Sussex, but how many players/owners over the years have actually been born in sussex, the fact is that it doesn't matter.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't hate United as a club although I think Fergueson is a bit of a ponce but then that makes him the same as several other Premiership managers. The people I depise as against hate are their legions of armchair fans who have never seen them play in the flesh. Mind you, Liverpool, Chelsea and to a lesser extent, Arsenal have a similar following.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
More people on here getting excited about Man United losing than there are on here after an Albion game (win or draw) tells it's own story.

Really? Can't see too much excitement. Not like when ManUre won the CL against Chelski and you and Complete Badger posted thread after thread about your beloved Man U.

Oh, by the way - ha ha ha ha ha.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh look, I've just noticed that Ferguson is blaming the Bayern players for his own player's sending off.

The stupid bulbus-nosed, ruddy-faced, scotch gobshite. :tosser:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oh look, I've just noticed that Ferguson is blaming the Bayern players for his own player's sending off.

The stupid bulbus-nosed, ruddy-faced, scotch gobshite. :tosser:

A phrase involving the words "pot", "kettle" and "black" sprung to mind when I heard Sralex being interviewed. He is a horrible human being IMHO.

I'm so glad to see them go out, all the ManUre supporters in my office will finally shut up (although no doubt they'll be blaming the ref as is tradition when they lose)

I agree about them all waving their Norwich scarves, as if it's going to make the slightest difference to the board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here