Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United

How much do you hate Manchester United?

• Total voters

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Again, missing the point. How are Man Utd an "English Club"

I think you're being an idiot. ??? How are Man Utd NOT an English club? Was it the England captain at the back? The England Internationals Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney? Man Utd bashing at it's very WORST.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I wonder if the green and gold army will complain if Man Utd spend £40 million in the summer building a squad to win the champions league??

probably not if it's the money made from selling Ronaldo, as opposed to money raised by bond issues to finance the club, or coming out of their own pockets from price rises.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I like Man Utd, they play the best brand of football in this country (because it wins them things!) and them going out tonight was a shame for the competition, because a weaker team has gone through. But it keeps the English clubs humble, that they've all gone out now.

I think the Man Utd team needs an overhaul, though. Fergie has built many great Man Utd sides in the past and I think he needs to do it again now. They need 2 or 3 quality players in the summer just to freshen them up again in my opinion.

How are they a weaker team when Man Utd had 180mins of Football to beat them and couldnt?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
afterwards, not during:facepalm:

Point still stands.

It's not like when Brighton win you get opposing views like you do on the Man U threads prolonging it, with either the Man U 'dislikers' or 'likers' celebrating.

In fact, the one thread with an opposing view on it (redneb) has lasted very long.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hate Man U. Hate their manager, hat their team, hate their fans. Every little thing about them.

Tonight Matthew, I was a Bayern fan.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
More people on here getting excited about Man United losing than there are on here after an Albion game (win or draw) tells it's own story.

It just reiterates to me that more people than just me consider Manure to be the worst scum football has ever created.

I am so happy to see them get turned over at home by the germans (a country that I usually don't like to see do well in anything) and it being at home in front of their thousands of wankers fills me with joy.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I think you're being an idiot. ??? How are Man Utd NOT an English club? Was it the England captain at the back? The England Internationals Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney? Man Utd bashing at it's very WORST.

I dont support any premier league clubs so really dont have anything against Man Utd in particular. Just making the point that they can hardly be classed as an "English" club can they. Like you pointed out - 3 out of 11 of the starting line up

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Again, missing the point. How are Man Utd an "English Club"

in the same way that a club with a chairman who lives for half the year in australia, has a uruguyan manager, an argentinia assistant, a welsh captain and 12 other players out of 27 first team squad members from outside england is?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How are they a weaker team when Man Utd had 180mins of Football to beat them and couldnt?

They beat them 3-2 tonight having gone 3-0 up. It was 3-1 when Rafael was sent off, and the Bayern players were absolutely desperate to get United down to 10 men because, for a fact, they knew they weren't getting back into the match on an even footing. Personally, I thought the yellow card was harsh and was the referee bowing to pressure from the Bayern players. Ribery did well to avoid a yellow himself, for his petulant reaction to the non-challenge that got Rafael sent off.

For the second consecutive round, Bayern lose on the night and go through on away goals. Going through by default, congratulations. Didn't they celebrate it like they've won the entire competition though!

All the best, Lyon. :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Just making the point that they can hardly be classed as an "English" club can they. Like you pointed out - 3 out of 11 of the starting line up

brighton v southampton

brezovan - slovakian
calderon - spanish
el abd - egyptian
elphick - english
painter - irish
carole - french
dicker - irish
navaro - english
crofts - welsh
bennett - english
murray - english

barnes - austrian
arismendi - uruguayan
hendrie - english

four players in our starting line up and one off the bench - thats less than half of the players who represented us last thursday

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like Man Utd, they play the best brand of football in this country (because it wins them things!) and them going out tonight was a shame for the competition, because a weaker team has gone through. But it keeps the English clubs humble, that they've all gone out now.

I think the Man Utd team needs an overhaul, though. Fergie has built many great Man Utd sides in the past and I think he needs to do it again now. They need 2 or 3 quality players in the summer just to freshen them up again in my opinion.

What on earth is a brand of football ?

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
brighton v southampton

brezovan - slovakian
calderon - spanish
el abd - egyptian
elphick - english
painter - irish
carole - french
dicker - irish
navaro - english
crofts - welsh
bennett - english
murray - english

barnes - austrian
arismendi - uruguayan
hendrie - english

four players in our starting line up and one off the bench - thats less than half of the players who represented us last thursday

Jesus, pedantic or what. OK, "British" then :drama:

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
brighton v southampton

brezovan - slovakian
calderon - spanish
el abd - egyptian
elphick - english
painter - irish
carole - french
dicker - irish
navaro - english
crofts - welsh
bennett - english
murray - english

barnes - austrian
arismendi - uruguayan
hendrie - english

Yes, but nobody has said that they support Brighton because they are English. All that's been said is that supporting Man Utd 'because they are English' is a little strange given that they don't really represent England. imho of course.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
P.S. Can the Man U arselickers stop pretending that the only reason people hate Man U is because of a number of English players? Much as I like to see more English players in English teams, in this case it really has very little to do with it. Stop picking this one aspect to counter any hatred! Anyway, if it boils down to it I think many people hate the support of Man U as much as the 'club' itself, which is completely seperate of who may actually be in the team/chairman etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here