Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United

How much do you hate Manchester United?

• Total voters

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
They beat them 3-2 tonight having gone 3-0 up. It was 3-1 when Rafael was sent off, and the Bayern players were absolutely desperate to get United down to 10 men because, for a fact, they knew they weren't getting back into the match on an even footing. Personally, I thought the yellow card was harsh and was the referee bowing to pressure from the Bayern players. Ribery did well to avoid a yellow himself, for his petulant reaction to the non-challenge that got Rafael sent off.

For the second consecutive round, Bayern lose on the night and go through on away goals. Going through by default, congratulations. Didn't they celebrate it like they've won the entire competition though!

All the best, Lyon. :thumbsup:

Well, cant comment on the match as I cant bear to watch Amnure live (I watch the highlights if they have lost though). That said, if the sending off was unjust and had an effect on the match than BLOODY EXCELLENT, about time those jumped up cocks were on the receiving end for once. We've had years, and I mean years of them trying to alter the rules and influence refs etc etc. about time it changed.

And "All the best Lyon"? Personally I still want Barca to win the comp for 2 reasons.

1. I still have a soft spot for them after beating Manure in last years final
2. If Bayern were to win it all you'd get would be the wanker Manure fans bleating on that at least they got beaten by the winners and are thefefore the 2nd best team in Europe.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Jesus, pedantic or what. OK, "British" then :drama:

in fairness, that probably was very pedantic! six or seven years ago it would have been a fair point, but these days clubs as low down the leagues as us are realising that if you want value for money, try and avoid british players at all costs. and since gus foreign revolution, it seems to be paying dividends. sad but true

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I would rather Man Utd be more successful than the North London paedos for the reason that they have the one token Englishman and really are a foriegn side that just happen to play in London.

As for all this Man Utd fans - it was the same with Liverpool in the 80s...everyone supported them. Cant think why - oh yes I can - league titles and two European Cups.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, cant comment on the match as I cant bear to watch Amnure live (I watch the highlights if they have lost though). That said, if the sending off was unjust and had an effect on the match than BLOODY EXCELLENT, about time those jumped up cocks were on the receiving end for once. We've had years, and I mean years of them trying to alter the rules and influence refs etc etc. about time it changed.

And "All the best Lyon"? Personally I still want Barca to win the comp for 2 reasons.

1. I still have a soft spot for them after beating Manure in last years final
2. If Bayern were to win it all you'd get would be the wanker Manure fans bleating on that at least they got beaten by the winners and are thefefore the 2nd best team in Europe.

It was a harsh sending off in my opinion, and the behaviour of the Bayern players wasn't appropriate. But they have had their fair share of luck, even just this season. I'm not a Man Utd fan, I just don't like all the hatred of them for being the best in the country for the last few years.

So do I, I want Barcelona to win it, but Lyon have the chance to take Bayern out before they get that far, so I wish them all the best. :thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
brighton v southampton

brezovan - slovakian
calderon - spanish
el abd - egyptian
elphick - english
painter - irish
carole - french
dicker - irish
navaro - english
crofts - welsh
bennett - english
murray - english

barnes - austrian
arismendi - uruguayan
hendrie - english

four players in our starting line up and one off the bench - thats less than half of the players who represented us last thursday

Wasn't El-Abd BORN in Sussex and only have ONE Egyptian parent?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
It was a harsh sending off in my opinion, and the behaviour of the Bayern players wasn't appropriate. But they have had their fair share of luck, even just this season. I'm not a Man Utd fan, I just don't like all the hatred of them for being the best in the country for the last few years.

So do I, I want Barcelona to win it, but Lyon have the chance to take Bayern out before they get that far, so I wish them all the best. :thumbsup:

I agree that there are a fair amount of people that hate them due to the fact that they have been successful over the past 20 years but I still hate them predominantly because 1983.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They beat them 3-2 tonight having gone 3-0 up. It was 3-1 when Rafael was sent off, and the Bayern players were absolutely desperate to get United down to 10 men because, for a fact, they knew they weren't getting back into the match on an even footing. Personally, I thought the yellow card was harsh and was the referee bowing to pressure from the Bayern players. Ribery did well to avoid a yellow himself, for his petulant reaction to the non-challenge that got Rafael sent off.

For the second consecutive round, Bayern lose on the night and go through on away goals. Going through by default, congratulations. Didn't they celebrate it like they've won the entire competition though!

All the best, Lyon. :thumbsup:

what goes around comes around, did you ever watch Roy Keane etc bullying referees, Ferguson has been bullying refs for years and years.

Munich managed to get themselves back in the game last week coming back from 1-0 down and tonight scoring a goal just before half time against 11 men.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree that there are a fair amount of people that hate them due to the fact that they have been successful over the past 20 years but I still hate them predominantly because 1983.

That's fair enough, it was before my time though sadly.

I think all the talk about them not having many English players is wide of the mark. I don't recall people moaning about the fact Arsenal only have 1 English player. Man Utd have the captain, and the best English footballer.

Maybe if the English players weren't massively overvalued, they'd have a few more. Chris Smalling is costing them £10million. Is he worth that? I wouldn't say so. They want to sign Jack Rodwell and Dan Gosling from Everton, Lord only knows how much they'll cost.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
That's fair enough, it was before my time though sadly.

I think all the talk about them not having many English players is wide of the mark. I don't recall people moaning about the fact Arsenal only have 1 English player. Man Utd have the captain, and the best English footballer.

Maybe if the English players weren't massively overvalued, they'd have a few more. Chris Smalling is costing them £10million. Is he worth that? I wouldn't say so. They want to sign Jack Rodwell and Dan Gosling from Everton, Lord only knows how much they'll cost.

I dont have anything against Man Utd at all. It just annoys me that people say they are supporting the "English" teams in europe because they may as well say they are supporting the "European" teams who are based in England

Couldnt give a toss which premier league team it is.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I dont have anything against Man Utd at all. It just annoys me that people say they are supporting the "English" teams in europe because they may as well say they are supporting the "European" teams who are based in England

Couldnt give a toss which premier league team it is.

They are an English team, this is where your point is daft, in my opinion. Find me a club in any country, in any league, where the entire team consists of players from that country. It's impossible. Barcelona are the best in the World right now, and their leading man is Agentinian.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Nothing to do with that. It was in response to someone suggesting MUFC are "not an English club". As that post proves, they're just as English as us.

They're not an English club. They're an American-owned club - managed by a Scot and staffed by multinationals - which happens to have its HQ in the north of England. (For now, at least. Given the choice, they'd play half their games in the Emirates.)

And they've just been knocked out of a club competition, not a national tournament. We've done this many times. Some of this must be sinking in surely?

As for the Albion not being English. If that means other fans in England don't support us when we charge into Europe... er, so what? Couldn't give a f***. They'll still be my club. My local club. The club I've supported for years. Not just some team I've seen on TV.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

My hatred for them is purely down to the number of glory hunting armchairs followers (not supporters) they have, who have no comprehension of normal football and are blinkered to all thing Man U.

Even know of one who son took a liking to another team, and he was serious in making sure that "his" son would only support Man U rather than have a mind of his own.
And the **** went to Wembley from Brighton where he was born and always lived and supported Man U even on that day :tantrum:
Never been to a Man U game since, but assures me he "supports" them :facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They're not an English club. They're an American-owned club - managed by a Scot and staffed by multinationals - which happens to have its HQ in the north of England. (For now, at least. Given the choice, they'd play half their games in the Emirates.)

And they've just been knocked out of a club competition, not a national tournament. We've done this many times. Some of this must be sinking in surely?

As for the Albion not being English. If that means other fans in England don't support us when we charge into Europe... er, so what? Couldn't give a f***. They'll still be my club. My local club. The club I've supported for years. Not just some team I've seen on TV.

So, why are the Albion an English club but Man Utd aren't? Obviously, there are Man Utd fans in Manchester who have supported them for years, and they're no less Man Utd fans than you are a Brighton fan. I see no difference between the clubs, other than the relative size. A club of Man Utd's size and history has a worldwide fanbase, as do all the major clubs in the world. So, why stop at Man Utd not being an English club?

Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal = All 4 goals scored by an Argentinian.
Inter 1-0 CSKA = The goal scored by a Dutchman with a Macedonian also lining up the free-kick.
Bordeaux 1-0 Lyon = Scored by Moroccan Marouane Chamakh.
Do none of those clubs belong to the Nation they play in because they have foreigners in the side?

Barcelona are probably the best example of playing Spaniards, with Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Bojan, Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro and Busquets all regulars. But then, they have Dani Alves, Messi, Yaya Toure, Maxwell, Abidal, Marquez, Milito, Ibrahimovic and Henry who are also all regulars. If you want to kick off the debate, don't just pick out Man Utd and have a go at them. It's hardly a localised problem.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
i went MAD when Robben scored:yahoo:

shame for the Man United fans, long trip back to London tonight.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hate them with a passion beyond belief. Have lived in Manchester for 30 years and my loathing for them grows by the day.

However.................there is one great Manchester United moment that we should all should cherish forever

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovYWY4Pf9_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovYWY4Pf9_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here