Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Poor half.

They are a very bad fit; all their few strengths collide with our weaknesses.

Our chance today was/is to dominate the game and we have failed. Burn, Montoya and Trossard are all under 70% pass completion and you dont win football games when that is the case. We lose possession easily and every time you have Rashford-Martial-James against our defenders it is bound to be a horrible situation.

I expect one or two half time subs.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very poor performance, sluggish and timid. Such a soft second goal. Reckon we'll end up with ten men - Dunk already suspended for next game so rather he got a second yellow than anyone else.

Burn and Montoya particularly out of their depth.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
4 yellow cards and barely a bad tackle has been made. I know it’s probably a broken record but I do feel we seem to get exceptionally unlucky away to the bigger teams, 2 very lucky goals and not much else has happened. We’ve not been great collectively but got to feel unfortunate to be 2-0 down.

The fact Moss hesitated and didn’t want to book rashford tells you all you need to know about his mindset. Refs quite simply favour the big clubs, particularly when they’re at home. VAR too today. It’s shambolic.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What a very, very disappointing half that was.

Defensively we are giving them acres of open space to play in and look unable to get close to stopping them when they attack. And two awful goals to concede.

Offensively we've posed no threat at all and have struggled to complete two or three passes in a row.

In general we look flustered, lacking in composure and like a bunch of slow cloggers.

Really frustrating and disappointing that we've not turned up for this. Such a good opportunity to beat man u at old trafford and move into fifth yet, like against chelsea, we've just not turned up.

Let's see what changes Potter makes and what effect, if any, they have. We can't be that bad again in the second half can we?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No complaints from me. United got a lucky first goal but worth their lead. Albion not taking chances. Potterball was always going to have games like this. Can’t see a way back unless we take a half chance to peg it to 2-1

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Several are really struggling here because they haven't got the first touch to cope with Uniteds speed of pressing. Burn, Maupay and Propper in particular. Mooy and Gross have two of the best first touches in the club and would help us here, i think we need one on for Maupay or Connolly soon - and we should have started like that

I agree, except Propper has been our best player so far, Burn, Maupay and Montoya haven't had the best half. bookings have been a bit harsh, but its Manure at OT so to be expected.

I'd bring on Mooy for Stephens and Gross for Maupay and Solly for Montoya maybe

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My god that first goal is disgustingly lucky.

There must be a reason why we rarely get lucky goals like that. Possibly because we often shoot wide when in those positions, so making a lucky deflection highly unlikely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Team talk consists of:-

"come on lads it's only United".

Job done.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are poor being 2nd best to everything. I think that GP made a mistake dropping Gross, wrong man for Trossard to replace but having said that Alzate has done ok. Our biggest problem is Burn take him off and bring March on Who will get a red card my money is on Stephens.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Love him but if this was a Hughton team I’d be going out now as the game would be over, 2-0 away from home.

With GP we have a manger capable of drastically changing our shape and plan at half time.

Get a goal back and this is far from over. We need a bit of luck now of course, avoid a sending off and not give anything silly away.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mooy for Stephens.

Groß for Montoya, with Alzate to drop into the right back spot.

Please.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’d get Stephens off for Mooy and March on for Burn at LB might as well have a go. Stephens is going to get sent off in this match if he isn’t taken off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here